Thread: Killing Exploits?

Killing Exploits?

How exactly are the exploits being "killed" and which ones are they?

Wink

I doubt that FC will ever tell us about any exploits, and that partly beacuse they never knows when they actualy manage to fix any problem.
    Troll Commando, doing the dirty work that need to be done.

well they just froze the org banks to fix a cash exploit, and i have a strange feeling that i know how it was done... not going to say how i think it was done, in case its not been fixed. and no, i didnt use it :P
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Exclamation Killing exploit

Killing exploits means fixing the exploitable bugs. We won't tell how the exploits were done. That might give would-be exploiters some ideas.

you still have to share the info, due to the freedom and human rights. Ever watched Americans Most Wanted? They tell you how every single criminal did their crime, and then ask you to help them catch the killer. So do you think that show is also giving kids ideas, as to how to kill other people???

You own answer contradicts yourself, heheh

It's called the free marke system. In short, if it doesn't make you money or it hurts your company, you don't do it.

Explaining exploits hurts FC by showing the weak points in AOs code, allowing for more exploits. Exploits hurt profitability so FC does what they can to prevent them.

Before you mention the $12 per month and how that gives you rights to the info, save your time and tell it to yourself.

Originally posted by usher
    you still have to share the info, due to the freedom and human rights. Ever watched Americans Most Wanted? They tell you how every single criminal did their crime, and then ask you to help them catch the killer. So do you think that show is also giving kids ideas, as to how to kill other people???

You own answer contradicts yourself, heheh
    lame, If you want to know "cheat's" i cant just call you nothing but... "cheater".
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Hmmm... America... Crimerate... Damn, you may be on to something there.

Oh, and maybe you should contact the UN or something and let them know that FunCom is messing with our human rights. Next stop: Haag.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

lol, i was exaggerating about the human rights thing. But either way, do you think its su****ious when they dont tell you anything about what happened? Look at what happened to Nixon when he tried to hide information from the people.

lol, i was exaggerating about the human rights thing. But either way, do you think its su****ious when they dont tell you anything about what happened? Look at what happened to Nixon when he tried to hide information from the people.

Dear oh dear - please say you're joking...
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Why doesn't Funcom install anti-cheat software like Half-Life servers have?

Cheat software?!?

Why doesn't Funcom install anti-cheat software like Half-Life servers have?
    LOL! Apparently the

/macro BLAH1 /org add 10000000
    /macro BLAH2 /org rem 10000000

Put these on 2 hotkeys and go crazy on them, and you could have
    900,000,000 credits in a matter of mins.

exploit has been in place since org banks were implamented. NOTE - This exploit has been fixed since the downtime on July 31st so please dont flame me for posting this. All of this time anyone could have been exploiting. This makes the whole econemy totally FUBAR and there is no way to ever fix it. The only way may be for Funcom to make credits much easier to get so that legit people can compete.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .