Thread: Clan wearing Omni Armor and vice versa

Clan wearing Omni Armor and vice versa

I just dont understand why.

From a roleplaying standpoint one would not want to wear items from the enemy otherwise risk being labeled the enemy.

this is fine on the clan side that we are now not allowed to wear omni pol armor (that omni-tek logo looks ugly anyways)

But WHY are omni allowed to wear armor adorned with the clan logo with ease and without penalty? I especially dont understand the fact that many of the omnis in their more militant factions are completely anti clan yet wear the clan logo.

I mean are people blind to the meaning of the logo on steel ribbed, nadir and obtru armor? Its a CLAN logo!!!

Its a double standard. Either restrict both sides from wearing the other sides armor or do not. Double standards are one of my pet peeves.

Speaking of which did anyone else notice the omni heads hanging on the way into the neutral backyard :P

Re: Clan wearing Omni Armor and vice versa

Originally posted by Oberon
    I mean are people blind to the meaning of the logo on steel ribbed, nadir and obtru armor? Its a CLAN logo!!!

Speaking of which did anyone else notice the omni heads hanging on the way into the neutral backyard :P
    Give Omni some decent sense/agi armor besides martial artist crap and Sid's and maybe I'd say "okay, you can have your ugly armor and silly clan logo."

Right now, Obtru is one of the best armors in the game next to Omni Elite, Flowers, and Senpai Primus, Waitt and Nano. In fact, if I hadn't decided to go str/agi, I would have worn all Obtru even though I'm Omni and could wear all black Elite.

I understand what you're saying. But even if they do make steel ribbed armor clan-only, people will do exactly what they are doing now to get into armor of another faction, only it'll be Omnis switching sides to get into steel ribbed.

Also, the fact that Omnis have unlimited access to everything may have more to do with the story than we realize. Or perhaps not. But just an idea.

Those Omni helmets are funny as hell, too.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

The question we should be asking is? Why the hell would anyone put a clan symbol on a piece of armor? Gee, lets just paint a target on the wearer that says "Hi, Omni-tek im a worthless contract breaking rebel, please shoot me right in my clan symbol" Atleast Omni armor having a symbol is thematic.

I would love for funcom to go back into armors in the game and make more specialized omni tek armor. Agents are heavily RPish with omni-tek, they have their own clothes available in omni-tek shops, i think they should have their own agi/sense line as well, maybe following the black theme. *dreams happily*
    Kizzim - Agent RK2
    Omni Quick Response Force

"Some people call me a Troll, I see myself as Denial of Service to idiots."

"The object of War is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."

I think somone is stuck In-Character... Think the forum is Game Mechanics =)
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper
    Ancarim Iron Legion - RK1