Thread: AO Events Article: Your feelings?

AO Events Article: Your feelings?

I write for AO Stratics, and I recently wrote an article there which you guys here may or may not agree with. It's about the events in Anarchy Online, and it goes into depth about the problem, and also about the clans who are trying hard to compensate. I read this forum for information before I wrote, so some of the people here have been mentioned. It is a good read, and it is entitled 'Of Giant Snails and Robotic Dogs: Events in AO'

http://ao.stratics.com/content/commu...torial_2.shtml

It would be great if you could give feedback either here or at the website. Thanks.

I think the best part is when you describe the attack on Tir. You made some good points.

Excellent.

I wasn't around for events like those, but the few events I've participated in now were a complete turn around. Now GMs lead events and do everything. Players stand and do nothing. Basic kill event, GM runs around kills everything in sight, player does nothing. It would be really nice to see GMs bringing suppression gas down in Omni ent. Or leading robotic dogs into Tir. But they need to stop doing the interacting. Let the players kill each other. I could care less if I die to a player. I find it fairly irritating that in an event the only thing I can attack is a green named guy who kills you in 1-2 hits.

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    I agree with Zylina. Being killed by a greenie is not very fun. Perhaps we could take this time to resurrect the idea of getting the devs to put in an 'unconcious' state.

That is, 'GM's can toggle a flag that puts people they attack into a state similar to being rooted instead of just dying. They'll appear as lying down-dead and will not resurrect until the GM flag (under which they were hit) was turned off. Either that or they choose to reset using /terminate.

At least that way, we can still participate in the event by witnessing it, if not actually lending a hand. Hopefully the root-nano code is flexible enough to serve as a basis for this feature. Just a thought.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]