Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way for quick Blitzing

Best way for quick Blitzing

Hey all,
    Just read the blitzing guide by mockers and I have to tell ya I personally see it as a very bad way to blitz missions. Here is my own guide on it.

Step One: Preperation
    a - Tools) Get clicksaver. Why? This tool is a time saver in selecting missions and is a MUST for this guide.

b - Protection) Wear either GA or Armour that gives you the most Protection and less skills. Obtru is good for this. NOTE: Do not choose armour over skills if lowering your skills prevents you from using a better quality run buff or HoT.

Step Two: Selecting the Missions
    a - Sliders) You can get a maximum of three missions. Set this sliders to full money, full order and half way to Myst. Why? This gives you the most money from a mission which is why you blitz missions, no monsters because they hit harder then mobs and 1/2 myst because this makes fewer tank mobs and mainly fixer/crat mobs which don't hit as much and are easier to run through. Also I prefur to click request mission and see what each mission reward is rather then letting clicksaver run threw them for me. Why? Because you could pass-up items that would be worth going to places you don't specifiy.

b - Mission Type) When you request missions with these sliders settings you will get three that are "Find Person" missions. Select only these missions. Why? Because running through missions is the main reason you do these missions. Anything else that requires you to stop at all is going to get you dead more often then not. I've read other guides that tell you to search for and item because you end up with two at the end. To me this is just foolish. At higher levels when your run speed is around 700-1000 you can run room to room and then stop and look around. Trying to find a small cube/triangle is almost impossible when three Burly Guards are reinacting the hobbling part from the movie "Missary" on your legs. I died 50% of the times doing this mission. Also if you go to fast you can bug yourself and you won't beable to pick up the item at all. Second choice after find person is Place Item into Item because the satalites or fire extinguishers are usually big and easy to spot.

c - Mission Location) Using clicksaver select missions that are in the same general location. You can setup clicksaver to show list missions in red if they are in zones that you specify. Clicksaver shows the cords of where each missions is so it should be easy to find ones that are near each other. At level 100 I setup clicksaver to display missions in Broken Shores. This lists the mission are red. Then I look at the coord to see if its in the city of Home or not. Why? Because the City of Home is a big mission zone and its easy to get missions there. NOTE: Your level is a factor in how far away a mission will be from your current location. So if your trying to find missions for a certain zone try mission booths at differnt locations. I can get Home missions in Tir but at lower levels I had to goto VW to get them.

d - Mission Rewards) Alot of people blitz missions for not only money but for items that they need. This is good but if your in it for money here are some of the main items you should look out for. 1: Battle Suits - These things sell from 50k - 200k at my level. It all depends on which you get. I believe the Omni Assualt one gave me the most but I know the regular suits give you the least amount, don't think your going to do only battle suites because they rarely come up as reward and if you spend your time watching click saver your going to loose more money then you could earn. 2: Nano Crystals - Not 100% on this but at my level they give me around 50k - 100k each PLUS you can try and auction them first and nano crystals are something that most people will buy for their char even if its many levels ahead of them. 3: Amour Chest/Leg - Not all amour is worth it but good armour that you can't purchase but mission for is what you are looking to get. Its only worth it though if you get chest pieces and/or legs if your looking for a little less. At higher levels items like Targeting Scopes / NCU & Belts / Complete suties of amour.

Step Three: Running the Mission
    a - Buffing) Save as close to your missions as possible. Buff yourself as much as you can with defensive buffs only. Speed/HoTs and also try and get as many upper level buffs from people. I also find that concealment works even if you are not sneaking. I don't know if this is true or not but with concealment buffed +100 I have noticed that mobs agro less when you run by them. These last longer and are worth the tipping if it boosts your HPS by 1000. You don't need any offensive buffs like SMG/Burst. Set your slider to full defense but keep that window open because your going to need it. Also make sure you have 1/2 - full nano for Gridding out and roots/snares.

b - Blitzing) Now when you enter a mission you have two options. Either start running room to room always going left or right; OR you could scope out the main room. I do this sometimes when I am not in a hurry. There are usually 7-8 rooms connected to the main room. I usually run into all these rooms and note where chests are and if they are locked. Then I run out of the mission. Now you can either run back in and try to make it to a chest without being spotted or if your concealment is high enough you can just sneak to the chests. Either way I've hit some chest with alot of loot to sell and every little bit helps when GA is on the line. If your having trouble with mobs being around the entrance try and lead them to the far corner of the main room and do a "snare all" on them. Then head back out. They will be snared when u come back in and usually snared mobs don't move at all. OK BACK TO THE BLITZING. Now you should run room to room either going always to the left or always to the right. If you selected "Find Person" mission your in luck because all you have to do it hit the tab key a couple times, every time you enter a room. This cycles through the enemies in a room and if your target is here you will cycle through him. Once you target who your looking for you don't have to stay around. One little target and you've completed the mission. ALSO 70% of the time in a find person mission the mob shows up red on your map thus allowing you to find him sooner. This is TONS easier then clicking an item on something or trying to pick and item up because A - You don't have to use the mouse to target anything so all you gotta do it run, B - Because you might have to click many times on a satalite or you might have trouble picking an item up you can die from standing still too long.

c - Getting out of a mission) Now once you've targeted your person you gotta get out of the mission. You're going to have to use your decrestion on getting out. If it is the last of my three missions / or i'm about to die / or there is a very long way back to the exit and there are alot of mobs around me I grid out (Set your slider to full aggro before you do though to speed the time up). If you know there are alot of tanks on you and you are farly fast just run out to save time. Either way the key is to chose the rout where the odds are you arn't going to die.

Conclusion:
    Now if you follow these steps you can blitz three missions lickity split. For example I use the Tir mission terminal near the grid. Then I grid to Home. I save near the stairs. I Blitz three missions and at the end of the third mission I grid back to tir. I was able to blitz 9 missions in 30-40 minutes once and made 1.5 mill from it. I know this because the second HoT line is 20 minutes and I only had to buff it twice. At level 100 I get each mission for around 120k with rewards around 50k-200k plus chests I make around a mill ever 5-6 missions. This average isn't totally accurate because I didn't factor the money I get from people who buy high end nano crystals and that NCUs,Belts & other slot items sell for around a mill each when your high up. Don't think im super rich because blitzing gets old VERY FAST and I usually try to open chests without getting caught and that slows your down. The fact that I like to buy things alot doesn't help.

As always consult your doctor before using this guide. Don't use this guide if your taking an HMO Inhibitor. Side effect include tiredness, sore eyes, carpiltunnel syndrome and always the dredded fat ass.
    Firbin the Fixer - ol' School 4 Life
    Puck in disguise

Re: Best way for quick Blitzing

Originally posted by Firbin
    b - Mission Type) When you request missions with these sliders settings you will get three that are "Find Person" missions. Select only these missions. Why? Because running through missions is the main reason you do these missions. Anything else that requires you to stop at all is going to get you dead more often then not. I've read other guides that tell you to search for and item because you end up with two at the end. To me this is just foolish. At higher levels when your run speed is around 700-1000 you can run room to room and then stop and look around. Trying to find a small cube/triangle is almost impossible when three Burly Guards are reinacting the hobbling part from the movie "Missary" on your legs.

if you know where the items are likely to be, its not hard to find. i still stick to the "find item" missions. double the reward, and i have a 100% success rate at 75%.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

I have yet to die at 100% diff doing it this way
    Puck in disguise

I use the 'take item to something' missions. At my level, I'm still looking for 'fire chambers', and putting 'fire slapon' on it. Those chambers are big and white, and easy to spot as you run. Once I spot it, I run up, stick on the item, then fire up RD. By the time I grid, the mission has completed and I've got my reward. Most of the time, I've gridded before the chain of mobs can even catch up with me.
    Hukk [Gear] - Teh handsome

I like the item missions too. With experience you learn where the item is and can find it very quickly. Somewhere in the level 100-120 range, your run speed goes over about 950. Once this happens, you can blitz any mission, with death rare, and due to you messing up. If you don't mess up, you won't die. You can easily do 100% missions, even if they are over ql200.

As for location, anywhere is fine, I never even look at this since the fixer grid came out. You can grid to anywhere in Rubi-ka in seconds, blitz the mission and grid back with the 3 sec grid. This is soooo fast, I only get 1 mission at a time. Even doing this, more time is spent at the mission terminal than anywhere else, which is why I do it. Byh thaking only 1 mission, I get 3 find item options to get what I want. Also, the other 2 missions are return item and machine, both easily bllitzed. I won't pick them though unless the item is difficult to find a mission for (like NCU memory).

Originally posted by Firbin
    I have yet to die at 100% diff doing it this way

the only reason i don't blitz at 100% anymore is because there's only one item at ql 250 that anyone wants
    Last edited by muffinhunter; Aug 1st, 2002 at 18:55:36.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

I blitz missions on occasion.

I go for around 80% which puts me in the ql 210-220 bracket.

I have tried missions in CAV and Avalon, but my fav is Home.

I try to go for 'use item' missions which is Full good/Full xp.

This works as I am mostly doing these for items and not the cash reward. If I want cash I go for full bad/full money (Which generates 3 find item missions)

After I complete the mission I dont grid, I run for the exit. I guess wearing GA helps in not getting hit (level 145 with GA MK II)

I am in no major need of cash, but at this level every xp counts. So I blitz when I am bored and dont have the time for a team mission to solo, or can't find someone to team with
    General Thoram of the Twin Sun Syndicate

my guide:

100% bad 100% money 25% oder

pick up item missions in home (mainly)

i blitz usually 100% hard mission in Miiir suit and i don't die, the thing is to never stop running, to have the best runspeed you can and have a clear mind to not loose yourself in the mission

evac when you got the item

you can stay in full agg if you like, you will run fast enough

tips: pull all the mobs in a corner of the mission, snare them, evac and com back for the chests
    Last edited by Zuh; Aug 2nd, 2002 at 01:10:23.

i hadn't read the original post before (damn, very long) but you are complicated yourself

pick up item mission gives you more money and 2 rewards, choose well your mission location, Home (in Broken Shores) is one of the best

when you are doing lot of blitzing, you will probably have very good rewards in the mass

you don't need a lot of buffs ; ) don't spend as much time buffing yourself as blitzing the mission

use your HoTs, run buff and try to get a good hp buff if you find a high enforcer or doc on your way

You do not want to set the slider to full xp when blitzing. You do not get any exp and all this does is reduce the cash. The only way you get the exp is to get a token, and to get a token you must kill the mobs.

observe target individual is the easiest, sometimes visible because it's a monster in a purely human mission, meaning it's red on the map. Hence why I usually only do observe individual, simply because the target stands out more. Pickup & Observe are also good but more difficult. While running... I really only have time to look where I am on map and my angle at which I'm hitting each door, making sure I don't hit a wall... so little triangles aren't my favourite thing.

Anyways... everyone has their own view, you'd be surprised how many people I had to teach in the process... "Ah! The young grasshopper wants to learn how to be a preying mantis?"
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

I don't care where the missions are. With the Fixer grid and RD you can get anywhere anytime.

Full Bad, Full Money, Full Order are my preferred settings. Sometime you'll need to do the third one down all the way to the left when the assasination missions pop up in slot 5.

I prefer the Machine missions to the find object missions only because its easier to spot. I don't like the spot person/live with it missions because that forces me to constantly tab around looking at each MOB to see if its the guy I'm looking for.

One thing to keep in mind is that sometimes the item will not pick up and go into your inventory. And you won't get your reward. I have been able to counter this by turning off the feature auto attack NPCs. Since I have done this I haven't had one problem picking up the item. This also allows you to NOT go full defensive which slows down your nano casting which 1. makes your roots faster if necessary and 2. cuts the RD time in half.

I use clicksaver for specific things most times so I let it roll until it finds what I need. Some areas have a hard time rolling missions due to lag or whataver (Tir Grid). I have found when that is the case I go to Avalon and roll from there. The money is usually better for non-Avalon missions from there because of the further distances involved. And you get a whole lot less of "no missions available" messages.

When I get the missions I make a plan. The plan is usually revolving around RD. Say I have 3 missions. One in BS.. two in Southern Foul Hills. I do the SFH one first and hopefull do not have to RD out so I can do the second. If that works perfectly then RD to BS. Otherwise if I have to RD out of the first I will go to the BS mission immediately... then do the last SFH one last. My goal is to do all three mission within one 15min(?) B&E buff. Or at least get two out of it.

Anyway.... there is no poerfect way to blitz missions. Everyone has their own style and wants and needs and have created their Fixer in that way. The most important thing is to pay attention to the Market so you can blitz for what people will buy.

I blitz for items that people will pay 1mil for. I can earn 10-20mil a night without all that much effort. That allows me to also blitz for items for friends for FREE. And friends are what make this game fun =)

Novalia
    124 Fixer RK1

I wanted to address the initial post of this thread to point out at least one inaccuracy. Concealment is ONLY factored when you are sneaking. Don't even waste a single IP on this. You need every IP you can save for nano skills.

Why even bother saving at all in BS. There is so much lag there just getting out of the grid why would you subject yourself to the lag steps if you can avoid it. Besides if you die you're better off on your home turf where you can get all your re-buffs from friends and not Omni scum at the steps.

As far as credits go. You're going to need all you can muster to get yourself Grid Armor at an level. You shouldn't really have to buy anything if you're a blitzer. Only boss loot items. Or if you can blitz other things that you can get more credits from in the same time as it would to fin what you need. For example yesterday I purchased a set of implants... 13 pieces. Cost me 4million. If I blitz for 13 items it will get me 13mil. That's why I bought the imps.

Anyway.... just my own worthless opinion.

Novalia

Oh and the BEST bit of advice on this thread is the following line from Zuh:
    "pull all the mobs in a corner of the mission, snare them, evac and com back for the chests "

What do you guys do if you're rooted?

Go to the store to the general nano terminal and buy 1H Blunt Inexperience. Then when you get rooted cast it on yourself until the root gets canceled.

And no I am not kidding.

=)

Originally posted by Novalia
    Oh and the BEST bit of advice on this thread is the following line from Zuh:
    "pull all the mobs in a corner of the mission, snare them, evac and com back for the chests "
    Beh I love people that comment on posts when they don't read them. I said you should do this in the first post
    Puck in disguise

Sorry but I got lost in your post it was so damn long.
    And I cannot read paragraphs that are so long I just don't have the attention span. Plus I saw so many things I disagreed with I just decided to stopped reading it. I just noticed it in the middle of that long ass step b.).... in Part 2..... [edit: woops I meant part 3]

I can re-type what I typed to give you credit but honestly I don't care who said it it is a good idea.

=)
    Last edited by Novalia; Aug 6th, 2002 at 21:24:48.

You know if you take Firbin's original post and scroll it up and down repeatedly it feels like I am looking at the Matrix =)

There is no spoon.

Beh ignorance is bliss
    Puck in disguise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast