Thread: Entertainment Industry and Radio Media Support.

Entertainment Industry and Radio Media Support.

As you all know, I quit the Mafia business because of Conflict with other business and competition as well as anomosity on the issues of working peoples turf, so; I made a website..made a new org and im trying not to infringe on anyones turf that they roleplay as managing. These people also have support from various people like DJ's etc. Now that i am trying to establish my own (Turf) in Galway Castle..there maybe concerns regarding the Radio Media in making any decisions depending on what the people think. I roleplay to help keep this game alive. I also can't roleplay Parties if no one wants to support it. So you the people will be the determining factor. I like Parties and Social Events and would like to establish that in Galway doing Pool Parties as i've stated before if everyone would like an alternative place to go in a different type of surrounding sometimes. There maybe concerns with DJ's wanting to support depending on how the people think. Let me ask a simple question..Do people want me to roleplay a good business relationship or do they want me to be an outcast and Play the opposite? As i've stated before I would like to have a peaceful game with everyone and not infringe..but; other Entertainment Organizations have support from Radio Media as well. So lets work together as a Entertainment Community and support one another. Which do you want to see? I would like to see us all work together and support one another and get along. Im sure that some will bring up the past and continue bagering. That's your choice. So what im asking here is..What does the majority want me too do. Be a part or be a rival? I prefer to be a part, but; others have advantages and support which if you want me to be a part of I am willing to give it a shot. Let me know how you feel on this subject so the Radio Community will have a more informed decision as to me being involved with their support. There are two choices here basically. You the people are either with me or against me. So in closing..the main reason for this post is too determine weather people will support this idea of Pool Parties from the people..as this could be a determining factor of weather Media may take place in this support.
    Last edited by Curtlee; Jul 31st, 2002 at 23:14:08.
    Curtlee
    President of Enter The Dragon

Do things the way that you want to do them. Things change quickly so you might as well do it your own way.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Post My 2 cents.

Curtlee,
    I'd suggest you doing what makes you happy. Pleasing the masses is always a lot of hard work and very little payoff back. The Entertainment industry is a VERY fickle place.

One wrong sentence, dance move or a simple thing as a side change can make or break you. It's been my experience thus far to find a small group of people you trust with your life, and have fun with them. I was once foolish and naive thinking I had 100s of friends. Turns out when your chips are down the crowds jump to the next best thing.

I do what makes me and my true friends happy now. The days of worrying about the rumor mill and the back stabbing are over. Hell, you PAY to play this game. Why worry with stress and drama? I'm sure you can get that for free in your real life.

Just keep in mind no matter what you do or who you are. There is always someone who's got a beef with you and what your doing and will always try to bring you down.

May not be a Murphy's Law type thing-maybe more of a Thyme's Law. Hold on to that so when you get stabbed in the back by a "close friend" it wont sting as much.

Pool parties sounds cool to me, Id sure go someplace that I can wear skimpy stuff.. oh wait.. I do that anyway. Yeah, I'm there. Pffffft!!
    *~*THYME*~*
    ~*Taboo's Views On Templus*~
    " "He is just a moron .You know he really isnt in the military, he is a 48 y/o man living in his parents basement who cant get laid & therefore hates all women and feels he has to belittle them because he cant get his lil peepee wet"

Thumbs up Relax! Inc.'s take on the sitch....

As far as I and Relax! Inc. is concerned, it doesnt matter HOW you play. We don't discriminate against anyone. We will play parties for Omni, Clan, Neutral, good guys, bad guys, whatever....doesnt matter. We don't get mixed up in politics, it's not that we're 'above it all' or anything like that, it just doesnt pay when your an entertainer to limit yourself to a certain group, or exclude certain groups. We'll play for OP, Dust Brigade, hell, we'd play a party for Radiman if he ever shows his face....I'd love to get out to Galway and play for your parties. I just recently was out there, I loved the place, and the nature reserve out there is awesome as well....even swam in the pool a bit.....good time...

We were unable to play this first party for you because we are still getting organized, our newest DJ is having system probs, and we are working on some other things as well. Rest assured, we WILL play up there for you, this first one was just bad timing, and I hope you ask us again for the next one....

DJ Mikal 'Shadowrunnr' Catt
    >Mikal 'Shadowrunrr' Catt - Email: shadowrunrr
    >RK1ROX - Radio Free Rubi-ka - Pirate Radio for the People

There you go Curtlee, Shadowrunrr himself has said he will play for you. I wish that GSP could have helped you for this event, however the number of NPC Omni Guards in Galway makes it entirelly to risky.

So now you have Relax! Inc to assist you, and I am glad for that. The more parties the merrier I always say!
    ~*~ Wyldthing
    Director of GridStream Productions
    Bringing the best in Live entertainment to all of Rubi-ka!

Assistant Manger of Reets Retreat in Stret West Bank (RK1)

I'm pretty new to being involved in the business but I've been observing for a long time now.

The way I see it, you have some hurdles to overcome because of the way you've r/p'd in the past.

Success is not going to come at once, but if what you want to do is throw parties for all of us to enjoy, then I applaud your efforts. This business is not about making yourself famous. It's about doing something that the players will enjoy.

Good luck to you Curtlee, and I hope to be at your first party with Deep Ocean on.
    Last edited by Ditzie; Aug 1st, 2002 at 04:28:56.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"