Thread: Exploiters, overequipping and the rest.

Here is the thing with a game that is both a PvP game and a PvM game:

When you balance the classes against PvP style of play, you completely upset the balance of PvM style of play.

When you balance the classes for PvM play, you end up with classes that are over-powered due to their role being different in PvP and in PvM.

You are never gonna be able to balance both.

Pick one and balance the game on those lines.

A glaring example of this: Recently damage done in PvP was cut in half, and the result on PvM was that you could only hit human mobs for minimum damage, and doing missions was a nightmare (and still is, since this bug still exists).

or

Agents had Aimed Shot nerfed cause it was doing massive damage in PvP and they were 1 shot killing people. The result in PvM was that Aimed Shot became completely worthless, and Agents had a very very difficult time killing anything since they had no special attack anymore.

Im sure we could all list many more examples of this.

The point is, Over-equipping is mainly a problem in PvP. In PvM the mobs were balanced against over-equipped PCs, leaving the classes who couldnt over-equip a little gimped (or a lot gimped depending on who you talk to). The problem is, people over-equipped originally for PvP, now people have to just to be able to beat a green mob.

Thats why over-equipping needs to be addressed.

Exclamation overequipping

The 20% rule is screwing everyone. Even traders. The use for wrangles are gonna be useless, you will have to recast all of your buffs, and I say "If you have the money, skill and intelligence to twink yourself to the max, then do it!!"

Every single class is twinked to an extent. NT's, soldiers, bureaucrats, you name it. I haven't seen ONE player that isnt a n00b that is not twinked. Just because some people have problems twinking themselves or are jealous because there is someone better then them, too bad! If they can't find a way to twink themselves then it's their problem! People sometimes charge for wrangles and if the buff wears out and your not doing the amount of damage you want to, you throw away a couple hundred thousand credits! Also, in EVERY SINGLE RPG game, you CAN over equip! (except for DAoC) But this is AO! the way things are are very good, and if FC decides to make this change, then EVERYTHING IS SCREWED! Enforcers aren't able to get the monster to aggro on them if thier in a group, everyone who does missions solo will surely die against a GREEN mob, hunting will become more slower and slower, since the group cannot do the good amount of damage that they used to, and possibly, people will quit because whiners can't afford or are ignorant in the area of twinking! Tell me, if you can find someone level 15+ using a weapon at their level, show me this person.... I will laugh in their face for not being able to know the game.. as for level 75-200, soloing will be impossible. The damage output will probably do 50% at max to a green mob before you die.

As for me, im a level 37 agent using a level 106 gun with wrangles implants and buffs, and i have a very hard time soloing yellows without rooting them and running away to shoot them.

Even later on. Almost all classes have trouble killing a GREEN NPC!! sometimes even grey as well. As you level your skill goes higher then your level and you are able to use higher ql weapons and such, and with buffs and implants, you SHOULD be able to use a better weapon!

And the IP wipe. If people want to wipe out their IPs and start over, then they should type a certain command. But only IF they want to do it. I had a 67 adv using FAs, and once FC made them rare, I could'nt find one anymore and had to switch to assault rifles. Theres 10+ levels worth of IPs down the drain.

That's MY opinion

Griddrive, 37 agent RK1

This new suggested fix for OEQ is definitely a good idea. Im getting sort of tired of hearing "But we HAVE to overequip...to kill NPCs even. We can't fix this because then we will be too weak to fight green mobs and Traders will lose a ton of easy money."

Boo-Damn-Hoo.

All the fixes will come with requisite changes made to PVM--more like changes that will be undone that were originally made to deal with OEQ players melting through mobs.

You will still be able to equip higher level items than your level.. but you will *gasp* have to keep your requirements up.

Gee whiz thats not fair, you say? You mean that I will have to CHOOSE between great armor or a great weapon someday...and pick my implants and buffs accordingly?!?! How dare you add an element of choice that smudges the line between uber characters and everyone else? --Well if you can't see the purpose of these changes made to the game as a whole for the benefit of everyone, then maybe you oughtta be hosting FP Shooters where you can server kill everyone else.

Oh no, what about all those poor people that spent all their money, skill, and intelligence "twinking" out their chars to the max?--Well I hope they saved some intelligence and skill to defeat other players with more than money. As it stands now you can make a cookie cutter twink without anything but cash and time.

WTG Funcom. Don't be swayed by the self-motivated and interested. Make these changes for the good of the game itself and the future of the entire Rubi-ka Population.

If you make changes like these, certainly some people will leave all at the same time.--Good Riddance. Remember though, every day you do not implement changes such as those described, otherwise loyal players leave 1 at a time. Do the math and you may be surprised how insignificant the squeaky wheels that threaten to leave really are.

If changes like these are implemented and improvements of this magnitude become a consistent part of AO(as it appears they will), I for one will be around a long time...and will continue to recommend AO to anyone with an open ear.

If this is intended to Fix PvP

If this is intended to fix PvP has this scenario been even considered by Funcom....

it is going to make trader's the every proffession killer..... why because as a level 78 Agent I can cast Ransack and Deprive for a total of over -200 debuff to all weapons skills... if I stack the R&D and chain them.... but if I Use the highest ones I can use I will still be able to easily do a -140ish debuff in two casts. While that is great and all I can't use this in real scenarios because it would literally take me 2-3 minutes to cast both in a false proffesion... whereas attack +recharge for most players = 5secs... and I would've been hit 40 to 60 times before I finished the second spell

Now a trader on the other hand will be able to use that on any class and a lot faster (roughly 1/20th the time... I think) FP gives me -2000 Nano Init... so I have QL130 implants and fully buffed i can get 619 Attack rating!!! so.... if we think about this... a trader comes along and casts -110 debuff on me... I fall to 479 attack rating... and suddenly my gun and everyone else in this similation would not be useful... everyone gets hit with an amazing penalty

All pet users can't control their pets.... and all gun users are forced to underequip because you will get shot between 2 and 5 times in the time it takes you to equip a new gun....

In addition.... The Trader gets a nice +110 to his attack rating... so he goes from let's say 600 to 710.... well At Level 78, that means the trader will still be running around with a QL140 Vektor Shotgun... and from what I can tell A vektor that requires a 710 attack rating is better than the rifle I can Equip with only 598 rifle skill (479/.8=598)....

So simple math says Everyone rerolls a trader, because you get to use a weapon higher than everyone else... and only get hit for lower damage then you deal from whoever you are fighting.... And get to outright kill any proffesion without significant trouble.... plus you even get roots so they can't run away....

I only hope that Funcom realizes soon what they are about to do.... While it may sound reasonable... this scenary is true to the actual numbers on the nanos... and considering as an Agent I have a Dark Blue Time and Space... I imagine traders can do a much better than -140 worth of debuffs at Lvl 78 or can at least equal that.... All the traders are sitting back and quietly licking their chops because they are going to feed on all of us....

And don't even make me mention missions... where NPC traders cast debuffs in every single fight....

Traders will be allowed to overequip and benefit more from it by making debuffs effective and every other class is going to be forced to underequip comparatively.... I think this does nothing to improve the current state of the game as it only creates more Disparity between the top PvP class and everyone else....

Currently According to a First Order Tournament the top PvP class is a Soldier... but it is pretty clear who that might become in the event of this change

Originally posted by Erskine
    you overequippers don't understand that it will ruin a big part of the game as you get higher & higher level. it has already ruined pvp. when you reach level 120 (or whatever it is) & are equipped with everything QL 200, what more is there to strive for (equipment wise)? maybe to sell on eBay?
    This is understood, & this is another reason why the current system should be left as it is.

Anyone level 75 & over is able to be attacked in PvP areas by anyone else level 75 & over.

Now, a level 75 character with a ql 200 weapon squaring off against a level 200 character (also using a ql 200 weapon) is probably still going to get massacred. But he'd have even less of a chance if this proposed equip-nerf is implemented, & the level 75 can only effectively use a ql 100 or so weapon.

Sounds like MA's get a sweet deal, right? They aren't affected by this, because their attacks keep upgrading? Well... not according to the high level MA's I've spoken with. Evidently, MA damage slowly 'levels off' at some point beyond level 100, & increasing the martial arts skill will only marginally increase damage. This way, their abilities are kept in-line with the weapon-users'.

Originally posted by Cathail
    Someone posted an idea of limiting bufs to levels, ie a character can only be buffed by another "close level" character.
    Hmm... I have mixed feelings about this. I don't think anyone on RK2 would support this idea. It'd be somewhat tough for a level 150+ character to find a level 150+ buffer on RK2, from what I hear.

Maybe if the restriction was to be applied one-way only (high-levels can accept buffs from low-levels, but low-levels can't accept buffs from high-levels)?

Originally posted by Greebus
    The thing is, at LVL 80, I can equip a QL 200 rifle... In PVP, I still get beat on by MAs, that can out heal my hits. How is this balanced?.
    Exactly my point... people argue that one cannot 'overequip' martial arts & nano attacks to the same degree that weapon users do. I say they don't need to, & this seems more like a benefit to those guys. Hunting for weapons beyond ql 125 can be a real hassle. But still, I enjoy that extra element of control that you have when playing a weapon-using character.

Originally posted by Thruthvang
    WTG Funcom. Don't be swayed by the self-motivated and interested.
    Blah, blah, blah... wait, you forgot to accuse us of being 'griefer-killers', as well; out to ruin everyone else's fun & whatnot.
    Well, I'd like to formally welcome you to Rubi-ka! I hope you enjoy your stay. And if you think this backyard place looks huge, just wait till you see the rest of the world...
    The truth of it is: 99% of the community labeled as 'extreme-over-equippers' just wants to perform as well as the non-weapon-dependant professions.

Actually... a number of people here who are pro-equipping-nerf seem to be citing examples where brand new starting characters are taking advantage of the system. At low levels, I don't bother with PvP... I'm too busy doing solo missions to get lots of tokens (& as a result, I usually level fairly quickly).

Is this where the problem lies (at the low levels)? Is this why I have no idea why people have an issue with all this?

Are there any characters out there, level 100+ who think these changes would be good? (non-MA, non-NT, non-Soldier, please... extreme weapon overequipping doesn't apply to most of you). Be honest here.

-Templar Red

Look at all the Noses of BROWN !

OMG are there are bunch of nerf whiners in here. I couldn't even BEGIN to read all the drivel !!!

The point in playing a game is to HAVE FUN. So basically I look at the question of whether or not this "over-equipping" nerf is going to make the game more for to ME personally; and the answer is a resounding NO NO NO. Did I say NO?

I mean come on, if you don't want people to use the tools of the game to build the best chars they can build then don't put them there in the first place. The whiners crying about someone else making an "uber" character SOOOoooo much better than theirs are just that, whiners that need to go back and learn how to play the game. I just don't see how using NON-EXPLOITS to make your char better is any form of cheating. If I take the time to aquire the items, buffs, etc to use the best equipment I can possibly use, then that's all the better for me and shame on anyone else who whines because they can't/don't do the same. If they want to stay in newbie land and role play and have a char that can hardly kill a bright green MOB then that's their choice. Roleplaying is fun and more power to them. But DON'T EVEN think about trying to limit others ability to do what they enjoy; maximising their chars.

If every player has the ability to make use of all the tools in the game to maximise their chars then the playing field is open to all. I play 8 active chars of several different professions and it seems that all of them can make use of buffs/implants/etc to increase their effectiveness; you just have to look for how to improve the char. Some are more easily boosted than others.

Ok I've said more than I wanted to already. Bottom line is the game is DESIGNED to buff/boost/whatever you want to call it, the player characters. It's a total power levelers paradise compared to the other MMORPG's I've played ( and that would be everyone that's been released that's decent, except for DAoC ). There's no down time, no camping, and PLENTY to do. AO totally rocks IMHO. I just wish they would spend more time fixing the bugs and the classes that are IMHO "broken/ineffective" and less time worrying about something that's such a "core component" of the game.

Lord-Ice-KoC

Question Changes

I'm not the most Rubika savy guy, so maybe I'm not the best to hear from, but this proposed patch worries me.

You want to reduce the damage of the weapons of probably 60%+ of the players out there. What brought this about? I tend to agree with others that this seems to be a move towards creating clones. Why set everyone on the same level, wheres the diversity in that? Cookie cutter charachters will lead to stagnation and nothing to look forward to.

Mobs are way too tough without getting buffs and equiping good equipment. Your proposal for Mobs doesn't sound drastic enough to balance the play field, my trader is going to get his ass stomped.

Wrangling will become worthless so the trader bank accounts will suffer. Make wrangles last longer? Why, so I can sit around town longer with my skills depleted? Woohoo, my trader can complete missions with greys and earn a whopping 1.5-2k per mission. Money will really add up quick , bah.

I personally had just gotten to the point where I enjoyed playing and felt things were running smoothly, I really don't want to suffer through unnecessary changes. My vote is to leave things alone, but I am but one pebble in the pond.

Debuffs penalty removed

How about if this skills check is performed before debuffs? That way you only lose your attack bonus. Players will still get a penalty from overequiping, but debuffing classes will not rule PvP.

ffs...

Shut up about "whiners" "newbies" etc,etc. You just make yourself look like an ass. I'm also pretty tired of certain people implying that only people over lvl 100 matter because that's just plain bull****. The whole lvl 100+ snobby attitude is annoying.

My main character is a lvl 70 enforcer. Previously my main was a lvl 50 enforcer and I rerolled him. Before that my main was a lvl 50 fixer which I also rerolled. So...if I'd been playing the same character this whole time my main would be lvl 170.

That means I'm cooler than you, right? No, it doesn't.

Level means nothing. I've been playing this game since the first day of launch, I pay money for this game and I have the right to voice my opinion on the direction this game should take. If you don't like it, go back to EQ.

Shen out.

W00T

Power to the Little people!

I figure only people within 1 lvl of me matter. Or just me.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

Originally posted by killahsin
    demntra you also forgot to realize that over equiping is only possible by certain professions. So its NOT BALANCED and it DOES NOT WORK

Lucid flow maybe now you will stop abusing traders and let em join your group? so they can buff yah np, maybe this will help traders get into more groups, maybe this will make the professions that CANT be twinked to hell better

I met this character in-game...he is close to level 100, and has no idea about anything.

Well, killah...

Certain professions? Even your own prof, ma, can be over equipped...and EVERY prof can be. You don't know how to, granted, but others do.

I talked to a trader bud of mine...in 1½ days he got tells from 200 people he did not know, u think he wants more tells? You think it's a fluke that all traders run around with afk on? And, all those who actually know how to play the game, they love to team up with traders. Traders heal almost as good as docs, do EXTREME damage, can charm/calm and suck that mob dry with ransack/deprive. But hey, let me guess...u've only played your ma? And u don't even play that char well? damn

As for removing overequipping...so stupid...so what if some people have an advantage? This is not freaking Soviet Union, we are NOT all the same, and we should not be. Some are better, and other strive to get there. You don't take from the rich and give to the poor and expect the rich to smile like idiots. The smartest thing nerfcom could do (and therefor never will do) is to make comp-lit buffs non-self only. That would add the tells to the traders, but people would have a chance to tweak their chars so they could kick some butt! But hey, that is wrong...right? Everyone should be the same, same armor, same weaponry, same dmg....hmm, actually, that would mean an un-nerf of agents, and I would like that.

Angry What a load of rubbish

This patch will take out a huge part of the game, I for one LOVE overequipping, i spend alot of time and money on implants, skill buffs etc to get this nice new weapon equipped so i can fight better at my level. Now whereas you whiners would rather get in a team level up nicely then equip these nice new weps, I HATE teaming because of the amount of morons about who dont do their parts for the team properly (like docs fighting not healing, or enforcers refusing to tank because "they might die"), so I spend the time (hours sometimes) getting a nice new weapon on so I can solo and level by myself which is what I want to do. So all you pathetic whiners who moan moan moan to funcom about us overequipers Its not your place to cry because some people like to level/fight in teams etc and others... like myself like to solo, and theres noway Im going to spend a whole friggin day soloing greens because I have to use a nerfed low level weapon.

Certain professions? Even your own prof, ma, can be over equipped...and EVERY prof can be. You don't know how to, granted, but others do.
    Since I don't know ****, can you tell me how MA, NT,MP can be overequipped.

MA use no weapons (if they do they can't overequip to use them cuz they are bugged) so can't overequip

How can a NT use a better nuke than he have skills for?

How can a MP use better pets or nuke than he have skills for?

Don't come and say implants, that's not overequipping, and don't say that they can have a trader in team that use wrangler cuz that's not overequipping either

You just talk bull**** cuz you overequip.

My main character is a lvl 70 enforcer. Previously my main was a lvl 50 enforcer and I rerolled him. Before that my main was a lvl 50 fixer which I also rerolled. So...if I'd been playing the same character this whole time my main would be lvl 170.
    This only show how little you know about the game, lvl 1-70 is easy, wait til after 130 when it gets hard, it's also at higher lvl you get the good buffs and things like that so if you have never played a highlvl character and teamed with others you have no clue how it is, and that is what many lower lvl players don't understand.

I can agree that your not a n00b when you are lvl 70 but you still miss a large part of the game.
    Last edited by Azzazzimon; Dec 24th, 2001 at 13:06:27.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Thumbs down Oh no!!!

I personally don't like the idea of changing the "over-equipping" abilities. Let's face it, there are some profession/breed combos that are very difficult to solo with, especially at low levels. Doctors, for instance, may be able to heal themselves pretty well, but if you're a Nanomage breed, you have the hitpoints of a piece of paper. It's rather difficult to solo (at least at low levels) with very low hp, without a way to do at least some kind of decent damage. Now, if you have friends that can cast "Mastery", "Skill-Wrangler", and the like, then suddenly your survivability is greatly increased when you can equip a better weapon. The weapons themselves are fairly self-limiting when it comes to overequipping, since most require "Burst, Full Auto, Flingshot, Aimed Shot, Sneak Attack, Martial Arts, Brawl, Dimach, Ranged Energy, Melee Energy" etc. etc..... Sure, you can get really decent buffs to your actual "MG/SMG" skill, or "2 Handed Blunt" skill, but the availability of high level buffs for the "special" skills (ie. 'Burst") is very limited. So while (with buffs) you may meet the "Rifle" skill requirement to equip a QL 80 Stigma, you are NOT very likely to be able to meet the "Aimed Shot" requirement, hence the self-limiting factor, in which case you would only be able to equip a QL 65 Stigma. Sure, you can get implants, but again, they have limits, with Treatment requirements and Ability requirements,, so you can't go too crazy on over-equipping those either. If by chance, a level 20 character has the money (and ability) to install QL 60 implants, I say "More power to them!" since it takes some very serious money for someone at that level, and if they actually have all of what they need, then obviously they've worked very hard for it, and deserve it!
    To sum up, please don't implement any limitations on what you can equip, other than the requirements of the weapon/armor/implant itself. I see them all as being self-limiting enough on their own, and to further limit them would make the idea of "Solo'ing" almost impossible. What about Adventurers? Aren't they SUPPOSED to be solo'ists, basically? Take away their weapons, and what are they? Just numbers in the insurance reclaim terminal, since they'll be sitting in front of it all the time!

Question Re: ffs...

Originally posted by Shen
    Shut up about "whiners" "newbies" etc,etc. You just make yourself look like an ass. I'm also pretty tired of certain people implying that only people over lvl 100 matter because that's just plain bull****. The whole lvl 100+ snobby attitude is annoying.

That means I'm cooler than you, right? No, it doesn't.

Level means nothing. I've been playing this game since the first day of launch, I pay money for this game and I have the right to voice my opinion on the direction this game should take. If you don't like it, go back to EQ.
    Was this in response to my post?

I am honestly not sure... because at no point did I mention "whiners" or "newbies" (and, I've never played EQ ). However, I did ask for the opinions of people who are level 100+. But if this was directed towards me, then you have misunderstood my intention. Perhaps I was unclear...

You see, many people here had been complaining that the rules of the game should be changed to prevent "twinks". Apparently, there are people who are dumping a million cred onto a new character, as to overequip & then PK the just-starting-out people. This doesn't sound like much fun to me, but whatever... what the hell are newly-starting characters doing in PvP areas, anyway? I don't remember getting missions to East Stret until late 30's or so... are they going into the arenas? Do I need to point out the foolishness with this? If people want to buy a game, install, press "start", & go straight to PvP, then they really need to go play Quake or something.

"Twinking" could (arguably) even be an issue at level 50... by this level, hopefully, you've begun to think about a full set of (at least) ql 70 implants. The tab for those will probably run a half-million cred or more... no problem if you have someone else to "feed" your character.

Now, at some point later in the game, economics goes right out the window. Your character becomes insanely rich & has nothing to buy in stores, so there is no longer any such thing as "twinking". Twinking doesn't affect you any more, but these proposed changes (that would be put in place to help prevent twinking?) sure would affect you.

Level 75-100 people need to be ultra-equipped before they even think about setting foot in any 25% zone. They need ql 150-200 weapons & gear, & they DON'T need to be penalized for using them. They need all the help they can get vs. the level 150-200 people (who wouldn't be affected at all by the proposed changes).

That's the reason why I was asking for level 100+ opinions... not because I was being snobby, but because the very nature of the game changes. No more economics = no more twink. I never implied that anyone's opinion matters more, & I don't care what level you are.

Hopefully, this clears things up. If your post wasn't directed towards me, then apologies for me being overly defensive.

-Templar Red
    Last edited by Templar Red; Dec 24th, 2001 at 22:14:24.

AO is the best MMORPG ever and I've played a lot of em. I have some sugeestions regaring the proposed changes at:
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...articles/1500L

First of all I play 3 characters, 2 spy's and a trader. my main is a level 24 spy and I speak only from experience playing up to this level as a spy. And I am of the opinion that soloing can be done without overequipping (so far). I do have a problem keeping my equipment up to date with my level. it seems like whenever I set out to make some money via killing and missions, I level some more and my stuff becomes more "outdated" as I level but the money comes in too slow... In light of the suggestions to make equipment cheaper and more available and better stuff dropping off lower level mobs please also consider perhaps making levelling happen a little slower so by the time a level is attained he or she would have some money and or equipment for the new level. I say this because I seem to be levelling a too fast! (about 3 levels per 4 to 6 hours of play....) Perhaps I am speaking too soon as I havent reached anything over 25 yet.

Reduction in agro range? I dont see why. I have been killed a few times at lower levels because of long agro range but if not wheres the challenge?

I agree that concealment effectiveness could be boosted. I can get my spys concealment to well over 400 and he still gets detected a little too much by mobs in his range level.

Mid -high level mobs? I havent met any I guess but the mobs I have met seem about the right toughness for their con color.

Increased availabillity of weapons and armor? maybe a little... but again if levelling was a little slower it may give he or she a chance to aquire good stuff for his/her level range. Not to mention keeping your clients occupied for longer before reaching high levels. I say the same for lower mobs dropping higher stuff.

IP reset would be much appreciated especially with the addition of new skills and weapons. I burnt the IP to improve my parry skill so I could equip a deflection shield only to find out that I couldnt use it unless I was empy handed. This makes it not worth it for me to use IP for parry. Is the deflection shield supposed to operate this way? If so perhapos it should be noted in the description that it will only work when empty handed.

I do like the overequiping chart but why not simply make an item unusable if the skill falls below the minimum? If you can use it when your skill is below the minimum requirement then the minimum requirement is no longer the minimum requirement is it?

Unhappy Worried. Only a little, but worried.

I can't help but think that most implementations on this are going to make Traders the supreme PvP class...and hand a nerf to almost everyone else.

Why? Because of the Trader skill transfer lines. If a Trader can not only slice even 10% off his opponent's hitting power, but then add that onto him/her/itself, then it creates a substantial difference in the hitting power of the two characters. That gap only widens as you make the penalties for having a weapon armed that you don't have the skill to use higher.

If you take it to the extreme that NTs are currently expected to cope with (where if you are even one point short of the skill requirement, you can't use the gun/nano/attack/hammer/whatever else you can hurt the other person with), then no other class with a trader as an opponent would last much longer than it took the trader to land the debuff.

Note: I confess that my character is a level 54 NT, running a mix of ql 70 and 90 Matter Creation implants (overequipped? Perhaps.) and maxed out Matter Creation.
    Ransack Skills is enough to *halve* (and then some) my hitting power in about three seconds, knocking me from Compressed Shockwave and Viral Assault to Glacial Advance and Cellular Decay. I've never hung around long enough to find out if it'll stack with the Deprive skill lines. I have a horrible su****ion that it does...

Suggestions? Only the one I'm afraid:

1) Bring nano-overequipping into line with weapon overequipping, with the exception of Summoning nanos, which are generally precast.

2) Scale both by a percentage. Initially, I'd say define it as the percentage of the requirements of the weapon/nano that the player's current skill represents. Thus, if you only have 75% of the skill for a weapon, you only do 75% damage.

I'm aware that this still makes the Traders very, very powerful. Some tweaking to the percentage formula might be necessary...

What am I saying? It WILL be necessary...

My two creds worth...

Ok, I admit to not reading all the posts prior to my own.

Overequipping fix is a very good idea. It has a ton of consequences that has to be taken care of before it goes live tho. Most obsolete weapons will become even more obsolete. All weapons that use only one skill as main req will become even worse than they are now, so basically all weapons will have to be tweaked to fit in a world where overequipping is taken care of.

Example:

Compare a Jobe-Made Bladestaff (req 1117 2hE) with a Premium Rider Warblade (req 590 heavy weapon, 884 2hE)

The dmg output from the rider is already FAR GREATER than the dmg from the bladestaff, because of the melee speed cap that makes both weapons swing at the same speed once you have about 800 melee init (easy to get after level 125 or so).

All weapons should be looked over in this way and some balancing should be done to ensure that more weapons than one of each line is useful at all.

-------

I believe this is very important for the game in the long run. As the balance is right now we are seeing more people over level 160 using Assault rifles (Because these are the best weapons of all weapons in the game) after level 160. If all other weapons are going to deal alot less damage than Assault rifles you will have less and less diversity in the game for each day that pass. (Im a level 167 enforcer and will soon use assault rifle myself, there is no reason for me to use bad melee weapons when I can use alot better guns and get ranged attacks for free.

As for IP-wipe I really do believe this is a good idea. I know NT's and Docs who build 1hB and Multi melee a fair bit over 400 skill ONLY to dual wield pillows. Now those investments are totally obsolete since one single pillow can be equipped with practically zero IP investment if you use buffs and implants. And everyone who was tricked to build skills for Pistols should be given a new chance to choose assault rifle from the start instead....

Wolfe

Re: Re: ffs...

Originally posted by Templar Red

Was this in response to my post?

-Templar Red
    It was and it wasn't. I still think that most lvl 100+ people regard the lower lvl people as less important because they feel they know soooo much more about the game. Especially the freakin' "I'm so l33t" beta testers...I hate those people.

I don't see a problem with twinking personally. Overequipping makes it kind of nessecary...a lvl 20 wears lvl 30-40 armour...he can't afford ql30-40 armour...so either he needs extra cash or he goes without. You're either weak or you're a twink. There are few exceptions.

Hopefully, this clears things up. If your post wasn't directed towards me, then apologies for me being overly defensive.
    I owe you an apology. I'm sorry. Obviously you're not one of those people, so my post accused you wrongly.

Merry christmas

Shen out.

Re: Re: Re: ffs...

Originally posted by Shen

Especially the freakin' "I'm so l33t" beta testers...I hate those people.

Shen out.
    I was in beta, but im a gimp

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast