Thread: Exploiters, overequipping and the rest.

I hate the idea of an ip wipe, even one that you can choose not to participate in.

My first thought is "Great, a playerbase that's all the same character with different names."

I quit AC to get away from 'the perfect character' syndrome, I don't mind paying the price for my bad decisions, even if that includes rerolling or being 'sub-optimal'. It's easy enough to make a Toon with the same name if you are concerned about losing your identity.

If you implement the ip wipe, can you also please implement life magic, and a nice dungeon where everyone can line up and drain stuff through walls? Or maybe you could put in a rock that soldiers can stand on and shoot Olthoi with no risk so they can powerlevel? Obviously, that would be the perfect game set up for people who are optimal in every way.

Other things you discussed sound like fine ideas to me, I like the overequipping discussion, and other things you talked about just fine.

P.S. I didn't read this whole thread, just chipping in my opinion for Funcom to read. It represents only my reaction to the official statement, nothing more.

Change Over equiping Over what ??

So you guys are saying that the people which take time and plan should be able to be defeated by those that put less time in and little or no planning.

Tell ya what .. If you want to fight and with very little thought then goto a quake style game. I really think all the buffs and planning make the game .. Hunting and missions get boring after a while. I'm sorry we all dont agree here ..I guess only reason you guys are fussing is because you got stomped in pvp right!!!

Just a question?

You might wat to try "No ESCAPE" http://www.noesc.com/flash/main.html

------------------------------

Ip re-allacation is a very cool idea
    Last edited by Wahoo.; Dec 18th, 2001 at 18:07:42.

Angry i may just cancele now

Let me try to understand this!

If a player around lvl 60 use's implants and buff to get into a ql 90-120 weapon and armor (which me and friends have done) you are telling me that in order for our weapons to do thier normal damage we have to rebuff all the time berfore a fight? Sorry you know how hard it is to find a trader?

Funcom I would like you thought's on this!

The reasson players overequip is because FUNCOM decided the game was to easy and decided to up the monster's HP's and AC's. So now we have no choice but to overequip! And now funcom is makeing it to where qvereuiping will not help? So now

Anyone who is around lvl 60 and not useing ql 90-120 weapons is just lazy or just plain stupid! If you take the time to plain out your char every 10-15 lvls to requip them to higher items then you have a fighting chance to solo and if funcom's math holds true then me and my friends damage will now be cut down to half for useing 90-120 ql weapons at lvl 60?

Funcom I beleive this is what YOU want!

You want it to take 1 yr for anyone to reach lvl 200 so that way we can be milked for our money overtime, thats why you are constently NERFING everyclass so it takes us longer to lvl in this game! Did you ever think after we reach lvl 200 with our char we would reroll to anther char since we do have 12 professions to chose from!
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

If you hadn't noticed already, FC are also going to reduce the difficulty of mobs as well.
    Serofina - Currently in the process of revival after a nasty incident with some uber leets. We're still looking for her head...

Teebo - Voted the most stylish person ever to grace Rubi-ka in a recent poll, organised by himself.

Official starter of the hugely succesful Blackmarket Thread!

paid for beta

we all got screwed...and funcom is too shameless to admit it.

1) the intro a game that is full of bugs, not fully tested, and only partially developed with only 20 percent of the actual content complete.

2) they sell us the game to act as beta testers for over three months while they tweak the code and try to figure out exactly what needed to be done 6 months ago.

3) now, they are effectively changing the rules that most people are simply starting over....that old equipment you bought won't work as it did unless you buy new stuff, those old IPs that you spent can be reset, all the mobs are going to be changed.

so what are we left with?

we're left footing the bill for funcom's lack of initial research and development....great!

great company funcom...take any ideas you have from now until the end of time, write them on a piece of paper and shove them up your a$$.

rubi-2 is a ghost town...really now. i was online last night for 2 hours and visited tir, newland, athen, athen west, the war acadamy, borealis, and avalon....

i saw less than 60 people total.

on a server that is supposed to be handle tens of thousands of people...i saw less than 60!

do you know why?

first off, funcom completely has ignored rk2. second, funcom has screwed so much up already that everyone who was playing has left. now, funcom wants to make this drastic change...the most drastic change that it has yet to make...

what kind of errors do you think are going to be introduced?
    how much longer are we going to have to pay for funcom to come up with a product that was supposed to be finished and "110% playable" on its release date.

cosmic and cz...nothing personal...it isn't you. it's the idiots who keep making horrible decision after horrible decision that i blame. you two are only mouth pieces, and inadequate ones at that.

you are truly lucky that you are not a U.S. software company because you would be eaten alive by competition.

i'm sick of paying for a beta....if these drastic changes occur with no compensation to paying customers, i'll probably cancel my account.

I have a level 81 Trader and...

using implants, my own divest/plunder pairs AND a high level wrangle I equip a ql173 Vektor. Now you might say, "OMG, that is wrong!" but I can tell you from EXPERIENCE that if the efectiveness of that gun dropped by 50% because I couldn't maintain my highest divest/plunder pair CONTINUOSLY during a mission (which I OFTEN cannot) then I would NOT survive a solo mission of ONLY green mob. Even maintaining my own best divest/plunder pair I would RARELY survive a mission with a few yellow or orange mob with 75% of my damage.

When not-so-fun Funcom halved the crit increase from Low Light Scopes I had NO choice but to equip the most powerful weapon I could and keep doing so as I leveled.

I'd simply have to quit this game if this idea was implimented given the current mob strength at my level. Even as it is now while I continually level my killing power only decreases since there is no Vektor higher than 180.

I like to team but I only have a few hours once in a while to play and teaming often burns half that just in preparation leaving me with very little team play time and an angry team when I have to log after an hour of fighting. Don't make this game impossible for me to solo or you'll make it impossible for me to continue to pay you.

Do YOU play a Trader?

I do and I'd NEVER screw my own firepower by giving a Team Wrangle or, for that matter, by giving AC. My crits are USUALLY the best in a team so why would I nerf them with Team Wrangle?

Originally posted by Linta
    Pretty good changes I would say... And since it's ahead planning, there is still time to adjust some issues....
    Now, for some of the issues people have :

- MOB balance. Well, they stated they would balance down the mobs with these changes...
    - IP reset. Making it so that *everything* must be unequipped first is a good way to take care of some previous "exploits" (treatement clinic bug, +55 comp lit buff...). It will also cancel some of the past IP exploits... And allow some of the profession which have been nerfed (adv with multi-range, NT with double pillows) to rebalance themselves... Now, for the people who just say "re-roll"... Well, you can if you want, but people who have invested days in developping characters, just won't do this... As for characters becoming cookie-cutters, well... There are still disagreements on some skill issues (effectiveness of nano resist, evades, initiatives), so many people will just stick to their choices... Some will not focus purely on combat either, but raise nano skills or trade skills...
    - Traders. Remember the 20% "free" over-equipping? Well, if your skill is 500, that's still 100 points... And if I understand well, the 20% is on top of your current skill (so, including implants and your own nanos). That's still a pretty good wrangler! It will only cut on lower level uber-equipping, and that is something very very good! One suggestion I would make would be to increase the duration of the team wranglers. Like to 15 or 30 minutes. But make them drop as soon as the Trader leaves the team... So, they become something actually useful to hunt with and have a Trader in the team for... And something used for actual hunting, not for equipping stuff...
    - For people complaining that over-equipping required efforts, and that these efforts should pay... Well, you can still over-equip... With carefully designed implants, carefully designed groups, FP, equipement with bonus... You just get a little less reward, and have to put more efforts into it. You still keep an edge, not just one so high for so little efforts it's not imbalancing...

Now, a few questions....
    - Armor : How are you going to handle this? Same rules? Using an average of both req stats?
    - Implants. From my understanding, nothing changed for these, since the treatement limit is mostly taking care of this...
    - Weapon : the other stats (criticals, recharge speed...) won't change? What about weapon with multiple skills? Like I have the attack skill right for my weapon, but the burst skill is way too low? Or the reverse? Maybe affect every action separately (for instance, in first case, the weapon will fire normally, but burst for less)?
    - NCU : well, not very buffable now... So maybe there is no need to change that
    - other items (range increasers, low-light scopes...). What about them?
    - Nanos? Maybe one way would be to allow running them, provided you managed to upload them in the first case, whithin the 20% rule. For instance, you have 140 nano skill, you can run a 168 nano. But you have a higher chance of fumble (fumble+10%), and the nano gets resisted more easily (NanoAC+20%)... Or maybe penalty in nano init... Would that feel fairer to nano users?

I agree with Jakespeed...

Character development including figuring out how, and implimenting, to equip the very best is the most fun part of this game. Leveling by camping NPCs, borgs, and medussas is mostly BORING. Camping missions is BORING. And, running most missions is BORING. Tweeking my characters is the most interesting part of this game.

What you are planning on doing (and have been doing) is systematically NERFING everyone so that each and every one of us is just plain VANILLA.
    THere will be NOTHING left to do to differentiate ourselves...there will be NOTHING to strive for...no REWARD for excelling in research and charcter development.

Bah...impliment this and I'm done with you.

(And, FYI, I am TERRIBLE at PvP...I take a dirt nap almost immediately BUT I DON"T CARE.

Originally posted by jakespeed
    So you guys are saying that the people which take time and plan should be able to be defeated by those that put less time in and little or no planning.

Tell ya what .. If you want to fight and with very little thought then goto a quake style game. I really think all the buffs and planning make the game .. Hunting and missions get boring after a while. I'm sorry we all dont agree here ..I guess only reason you guys are fussing is because you got stomped in pvp right!!!

Just a question?

You might wat to try "No ESCAPE" http://www.noesc.com/flash/main.html

------------------------------

Ip re-allacation is a very cool idea

I don't exploit BUT I do 'overequip' and I have FUN doing it...

Most of the rest of the game has gotten boring...
    Change this and i'm done...all my friends have gone to DAoC anyway.

Originally posted by Defjam
    Oh by the way.

I dont care what other changes you do.
    I never overequipp, so whatever.
    I never cheat or exploit bugs, Thoose who does should get banned from the game.

I just play the game according to the rules as the are from time to time. A part of playing a community game is CHANGE. The real world changes around us as well and we have to adept, get over it and stop crying about it. AO is only a game and a game should be fun to play.

Let's take a scenario from the perspective of a pet user.

A pet profession (*any* pet profession) is walking along with his pet on '/pet guard'. He's not overequipped, the pet is just the best that he can use with his own skill and buffs.

He sees a trader and send the pet to attack. The trader hits the pet user with a ransack. Suddenly the pet user's skill is less than 80% of the skill he needs to command the pet.

According to Gaute, the pet shifts to '/pet behind'. In behind mode, the pet doesn't guard and will not even fight if attacked.

The pet stops attacking. The pet user has no pet and is going to die. He was effectively one-shot killed.

Even if they code it so the pet doesn't stop in the middle of a fight when the master is debuffed, the situation is the same if the trader opens the fight with the debuff. Without a chance to send his pet into combat, the pet user is again dead.

Solution -- have combat pets default into '/pet guard' mode, not '/pet behind' mode. '/pet behind' mode is a fine default for healing pets. But allowing a single buff to remove 99% of a profession's offensive capability is a bad thing.

Why can't YOU 'overequip'? I did and AFTER the 'nerfs'...

Granted that the ONLY thing I 'overequip' is my weapon and I HAVE to do that in order to survive a SOLO GREEN mission.

Originally posted by Zaal
    You HAVE caused those of us who CAN'T overequip to get a much too hard game system. (Any caster who has to rely on his DD, DOT nanos fo rdmg).

The overequipping "nerf" (im sure most of you will call it) is a BALANCE fix. It ungodlikes your weapons and puts you back in line ith most of your similar level peers.

The UBER gun that you have equipped WILL STILL be better than another gun that you can self buff into. It will get better for you too as you lvl and put more IP into using it. And at least you won't break the gun (in DAoC apparently over equipping forces the item to break - their system forces balance as crappy as the game is). Mt personal feeling is that NT's and DD classes should be able to use any nano they can upload (MP mastery buffs allow us to upload early) and that the over-equipped rules should apply to them as well. After a certain skill level it reduces max and min dmg out put if you don't meet the reqs for casting it.

My only request to Funcom is that implants be given an over equipping limit based NOT on treatment. We all know that treatment suits, teh general buff and a doc can greatly increase our treatment skill. (+274 to treatment if the pants/skirt works for you) The treatment skill is the one req I can think of that shouldn't be included in the "overequipped req check" items list.

Hey Evil Heart, don't worry about it...Not-SO-Fun Funcom will

put THIS nerf in and then start nerfing the leftovers like Traders and their de-buffs...eventually we'll all be REALLY boring vanilla characters. Don't fear, after you've paid for a few years all will be 'well'.

Originally posted by Heart of Evil
    It suxxors!

I can't put it more bluntly. It gives Trader PCs (in PvP) or Trader-esque NPCs way too much power against Pet Classes. One casting of a debuff and I'm done. The nice red pet that I spent so long working for is now zombified and will not even acknowledge the command '/pet terminate'.

My suggestion for a 'package' of changes follow:

* Fix the Fixers
    * Remove the Wrangler line and any associated Nanos
    * Give Traders a Summon Trade-skill items line of Nanos (They are -Traders- aferall)
    * Change large buff Nanos to self-only (Sniper's Bliss, Skill Mastery, etc.)
    * Place a time duration on Engineer and Bureaucrat pets
    * Remove stacking of Buffs, only the largest bonus in each skill or ability will be given. Buffs can coesist, but never stack individual bonuses.
    * Give Meta-Physicians Intelligence and Psychic Buffs (self-only).

IP-respend! Great idea.

Re: Why can't YOU 'overequip'? I did and AFTER the 'nerfs'...

Originally posted by Zuleica
    Granted that the ONLY thing I 'overequip' is my weapon and I HAVE to do that in order to survive a SOLO GREEN mission.
    *sigh* Did you READ the plan? They are going to lower the aggressiveness AND stats of mobs too if they implement this. Honestly people, read and THEN comment.

Re: paid for beta

Originally posted by Borrace
    we all got screwed...and funcom is too shameless to admit it.

1) the intro a game that is full of bugs, not fully tested, and only partially developed with only 20 percent of the actual content complete.

2) they sell us the game to act as beta testers for over three months while they tweak the code and try to figure out exactly what needed to be done 6 months ago.

3) now, they are effectively changing the rules that most people are simply starting over....that old equipment you bought won't work as it did unless you buy new stuff, those old IPs that you spent can be reset, all the mobs are going to be changed.

so what are we left with?

we're left footing the bill for funcom's lack of initial research and development....great!

great company funcom...take any ideas you have from now until the end of time, write them on a piece of paper and shove them up your a$$.

rubi-2 is a ghost town...really now. i was online last night for 2 hours and visited tir, newland, athen, athen west, the war acadamy, borealis, and avalon....

i saw less than 60 people total.

on a server that is supposed to be handle tens of thousands of people...i saw less than 60!

do you know why?

first off, funcom completely has ignored rk2. second, funcom has screwed so much up already that everyone who was playing has left. now, funcom wants to make this drastic change...the most drastic change that it has yet to make...

what kind of errors do you think are going to be introduced?
    how much longer are we going to have to pay for funcom to come up with a product that was supposed to be finished and "110% playable" on its release date.

cosmic and cz...nothing personal...it isn't you. it's the idiots who keep making horrible decision after horrible decision that i blame. you two are only mouth pieces, and inadequate ones at that.

you are truly lucky that you are not a U.S. software company because you would be eaten alive by competition.

i'm sick of paying for a beta....if these drastic changes occur with no compensation to paying customers, i'll probably cancel my account.
    Every single word this guy speaks is the truth - weather or not we agree on overequiping or an ip wipe really doesnt matter in the big scheme of things. There are areas of Rubika 1 that have half the amount of people playing as I remember 4 months ago.

And since the ONLY enjoyable thing about AO is grouping and the friendly Atrox or Solitus face your see everynow and then - what will happen when the player base dwindles away at a rate more dramtic then whats currently happening? Repetitive missions with brain-dead AI mobs with no tactical combat strategies will only get a mmrpg so far.

Its the people that matter - and while I (and probably the guy I quoted who knows what hes talking about) hate to be the "voice of anger" over AO, its starting to be painfully obvious what will happen to AO in the future. There is fierce competition to AO luming within the next 6months to a year. And if a simple EQ styled game like DAOC can suck out thousands of players - A0 wont survive the likes of Neocron or CitizenZero.

So what if there is massive player balance - who are you going to play with or against if there is no content to keep people playing! Customers will take their wallets to where the fun is.

And dont flame Borrace for his words about Funcom making us beta test their product. We have heard it all before, but the guy is right. Funcom is making us look like fools by even suggesting on their main page for us to talk about exploits created by "FUNCOMS DESIGNERS AND DEVELOPERS."

A used car salesperson sells you a TOTAL lemon - he promised you everything would work fine and the car would remain in the condition you expect. Now how many of you would be fine going back to the dealership to just "talk about the problems with other people who have been ripped off." Then notes from your conversations would be "sent off" to the owner of the dealership and action "may or maynot" be taken to fix your car.

Thats not how things work here in the US (nor any other sane country I imagine).

And remember people like Borrace and I are posting on these boards beacuse #1. we care about AO and #2. we are STILL paying customers. #3. we "might" have hope for AO's future.

PS:
    I know ive been vocal of late, but If I cancel my account, Ill go silently. No posts or anger to any of AOs message boards or fan sites. Nothing worse then someone who doesnt play or pay - who wants to ruin the fun of others.

What a JOKE!!!!

I didn't want to ever feel I needed to rant on here, but what can I do now....

Let's look at the effect to the classes:

Agents: Nerfed in every patch... what do we have left... used to be sneaking, but that isn't worthwhile anymore (I get spotted by every 5th mob with 1200 conceal at lvl 76). I carry a QL159 Disaffiliation Sniper Rifle and have a Valentyia pet... what good did that do me when i got killed by two light green Claws in NW last night.... FP can't use that in a battle situation... docs can't even heal me in the normal amount of time so what good is it for??????????? in the past it was only useful for equipping higher level gear, Why don't they just take it out of the game now that it isn't very useful in battle situations or in overequipping situations. Now I can't even have the fun of trying to figure out how to get higher level equipment. Everyone who I know quits this game because "it is just a mindless game of levelling" what will it be for me when i can't try to get max equipment... ANSWER:the same thing. I tested through Beta and have played many proffesions to many levels since the start of the game... now I have to rethink my playing... I liked the uniqueness of trying to customize my character.... Now we are all the same, will have similar AC's and do the same amount of damage... thanks to all the lazy people who didn't want to bother looking to customize their characters.

Traders: Overly Powerful due to Debuffs, will own any class because they can debuff incredibly to weapon and nano skills, while overequipping themselves. Everyone will soon be a trader.

Meta's pretty much uneffected... All I hear are complaints about how everyone is metas now.... and they are getting a new pet added and they are not to be effected by overequipping rule.... they just keep getting better...

Soldiers: most weren't able to overequip by far amounts do to secondary requirments like Burst, Fling, and Full Auto.... Relatively Unaffected, except by debuffs

Crats: Won't be able to overequip anymore... better hope their lower level pets can defend them

Engies: see crats... what are you all to do...

Fixers: heard many fixers say they can only survive by equipping maussers way over their heads. Goodbye to those maussers... now you and the agents can enjoy not being invited into teams because we will be useless... at least you can boost run speed

MAs: not even slightly effected.... so by saying that overequipping is a problem you are essentially saying MA's are useless at the moment and not even close to par with the other classes.... they will go unaffected.....

Adventurers... no overquipping for you guys either... I'm envious you can at least heal to prolong your deaths to the MAs, NTs, and Metas

Enforcers: I even you guys for being able to add HP's, no more high weapons for you... at least many of you are Atrox's and can wear armor way, way over your heads..... that may my rifle will look more like a Red Rider BB Gun when I am firing it at you.... maybe I will shoot your eye out....

OK.... Here is my problems with your proposed solution.... now that NT's are hearing the possibility that overequipping will be severely gimped they are already asking to be able to use programs over there heads.... classic story of every class begging to make theirs the best, kick us while we are down... maybe you can move yourselves into a slot where you never have to worry about losing in PvP... Realistically you will be the same people complaining when my agent learns a buff way over his head and uses it to his advantage.

This change will for the most part take all creativity out of the game... Welcome to the mindless game of levelling... i chose and Agent for four reasons...

1) Loved False Proffesion.... but that isn't very useful since even to cast an general expertise nano in this form takes an extraordinary amount of time
    2) Sneaking missions is a rush to me.... never know which mob might see you... although it is ridiculously too many at the moment... and doesn't seem to matter whether it is an all green mission or an all deep red mission.
    3)Aimed shot was appealing... even to the point that I was willing to not have any other specials. But although useful against mobs it is useless in PvP... since an MA, Doc, Adv class will just immediately heal off the damage. It is also extremely unreliable and misses anytime the clip is down to 1, thus locking your special and completely missing on an AIMED Shot.
    4)I liked being able to wiggle into equipment and rifles that were over my head, knowing that this would take a great amount of time and effort to figure out how to do.

hmmm..... so... basically Funcom is going to reduce me to 76 levels of a character I wouldn't have played because he didn't have the features I was really desiring.... I have put tons of time into this game... to obtain equipment, build my own implants, running missions to afford all this... and playing around to figure how to get higher level stuff. All of this time will be wiped away in one big swoop... because other players didn't want to spend the time to do the same....

I HAVE NOT PvP'd, I DO CURRENTLY ENJOY THE GAME, I AM TIRED OF ALL THE NERFING, I AM TIRED OF ALL THE ADJUSTMENTS... this will not be the game I beta tested, this will not be the game I've played for 6 months, this will not be the game that I levelled a Lvl40 soldier, Lvl76 Agent in....

You might want to think of the small pictures as well as the big... In the perfect world this might have been pretty, but you did not design this game in this manner.... I have talked to countless GM's who have told me that overequipping is NOT A PROBLEM... that it was controlled by NCU allotments... They said if I want to be good at PvP or have a strong player that I should look to get higher weapons and armor.... Now it seems YOUR GM's were lying to me... because I spent the time and the creds to do this and just in time to have it taken away from me by some people.

This will not fix your mythical PvP game... Who is going to run into 2H0 when you have 10 people standing by the grid waiting to kill you before you even manage to completely zone in... Zone Lag kills almost everytime even with your new 15 second rule..... What's the point of fighting in MMD when you know, people see an agent and can all beat him and the second you create your healing pet everyone refuses to fight you.... or no one is willing to fight a trader because of Debuffs... or a meta because they don't even have to fight you with their Anima buffs and healing pet.

You will lose players with this change.... .and it won't be few... in fact go read some of the other sites, where many agents are already talking about quitting... we've put up with being a class who has everything taken away from us for a long time.

You won't lose any MA's... that's fine if you want a game of all MA's and Traders and Metas.... that is what you are pushing to.

As you can tell I am very irratated at the proposed changed where a Gun of a higher QL can actually be reduced to a gun worse than a gun of equal QL to you. That doesn't make sense... And then I laugh at all the people who claim that just don't change Armor.... Agent's can't overequip armor as much as other classes.... wow... another plight to make us more useless...

This game is quickly headed in the direction of making every character and class and profession a clone of every other... i don't care if you call my gun a rifle and another's a shotgun... if you make them identical in every way then you remove all strategy from the game and essentially make this a lazy person's game.

And in Addition... in response to your Plans for an ip Wipe..... ALL you have managed to effectively do with your suggestion is simply allow people who poorly allocated their ip have a way out. I only support an IP wipe that happens to EVERYONE.... the reason for this is the prior IP exploit.... The one that allowed a Lvl200 agent to sell on Ebay for $1500 who had every body attribute, every nano skill, Rifle, Aimed Shot, and Dimache as well as many speed categories all MAXED OUT.... and still had 1.7 mil ip left over....

After 8 months of this game I think I can truly begin to say this could be the move that you most managed to negate the time I spend in playing the game... I guess I should have never bothered to upgrade my equipment or spend time figuring out how to get higher equipment... I probably could've easily been level 125 rather than Lvl75.... but I didn't play that way.... and to think of all the hours I wasted sitting on the shopping channel in hopes of a higher QL rifle showing up or running missions so I could by that rifle... or trying to buy higher level armor...

If your problem is Buffing you should've just limited who can buff who... a Lvl 100 buffing a Lvl 10 for instance.... but to end all customization in the game is a sad state.... maybe you should just change everyone into one class and make only one weapon... then everyone can have the same Nano's, weapons, and Hit Points and no one will further complain that their character is different....

Why does an Agent need to have a more powerful gun than some other classes... easy.... we have no useful specials and can't heal without the use of False Proffesion...

Nice Move.... take away 8 months of my playing time, because some people didn't want to put time into finding the same buffs I use. And in many instances I have seen myself outdamaged by an equal level NanoTech..... so those that are complaining are either really low level or don't know how to play their class... they probably have oudated implants and other stuff.... Don't penalize players that play everyday because someone is confused or slow about picking up the mechanics, or doesn't want to spend time getting any creds to buy any new stuff. I have seen dominate players of every class... so maybe those who aren't dominant don't know what they are doing or are too lazy to put forth the time...

And for all of you trying to comfort agents with the thought that funcom plans to lower hp and AC of mobs what does that do to help those agents that do PvP... nothing at all... so you are trying to say everything will be ok with your 1 dimensional player.... some people won't like that. And the game of levelling isn't exactly exciting... some people seek their fun by going to PvP.... like I seek my fun to play around with my equipment and see what i can get on.

flame me if you will... I will probably not be back to read any later posts... I have already wasted too much time composing this one... yet more wasted time spent on a game that is going to significantly change its rules about 15% of the way through the game's life cycle... HOW RIDICULOUS. You people need to learn some marketting strategy....
    Last edited by eleetist; Dec 18th, 2001 at 21:50:56.

Re: What a JOKE!!!!

Originally posted by eleetist
    [B]If your problem is Buffing you should've just limited who can buff who... a Lvl 100 buffing a Lvl 10 for instance.
    And had Funcom put in this little bit of code before the launch of AO - none of this would ever have become a topic.

Interesting that someone like him can figure out what a million dollar company with hundreds of employees couldnt.

And Funcom to this day still claims that their beta went well. Oh really?

Re: Re: Why can't YOU 'overequip'? I did and AFTER the 'nerfs'...

Originally posted by D.Shaffer

*sigh* Did you READ the plan? They are going to lower the aggressiveness AND stats of mobs too if they implement this. Honestly people, read and THEN comment.
    While he missed that part of the post - Do you really trust funcom to lower mob AC and hitpoints like they say they will? Wait wasnt that promised to us in patch 12.6? Funcom is awefully scared of people lvl'ing too fast. Nerf after nerf and a total lack of content are just ways of telling people - "slow down, there is nothing else to do in this game besides lvl - and if you go above 100 youll probably quit and play another game - we want your money!"

Every time news of a lvl 200 player hits the web - how does Funcom respond? Do they make viable content for that player to enjoy? How about giving them an active in game "leadership role" to help oraganize battles between the Clan and Omni?

NOPE - Funcom posts all over their main page and forums of how that person has "spent way more hours then anyone else and their lvl 200 status is abnormal" in an effort to make such an achieve seem like it really takes "4 years." And of course this is always followed up with the old - hang around for our gripping and exciting AO story! Youll love the cartoons that deal with content and ideas (smugling, powerfull ingame personalities, and my personal favorite PISTOLS that kill with one shot) never to be found in the actual game!

Re: What a JOKE!!!!

Originally posted by eleetist
    Traders: Overly Powerful due to Debuffs, will own any class because they can debuff incredibly to weapon and nano skills, while overequipping themselves. Everyone will soon be a trader.
    Traders who don't PvP (like myself) are getting screwed just as bad as Fixers, Adventurers, & Agents. Although I can self-equip my ql 136 shotgun at level 71... I can only do so by 'ramping' deprive, ransack, next-best deprive, next-best ransack, etc. This is the ONLY advantage that make a Trader viably strong profession. But it is NOT concievable to keep these buffs running in combat, to avoid this weapon effectiveness nerf. Not with that three-minute duration, & tremendous amount of NCU they require to run. Not with the amount of time it takes to cast all of these in succession (in teams, combat is usually lightning-fast... & while soloing, that orange anun will have you dead by the fifth non-damaging nano you attempt to throw at it). Plus, ransacks rarely land when used on yellow or stronger enemies (190% nano resist).

Blunt-weapon Enforcers won't have it so bad. They can keep all of their nice weapon skill buffs running for far more than three lousy minutes. But do they have any edged weapon buffs? Not sure; never played one. If not, then we'll be seeing the last of the edged weapon enforcers. Every single Enforcer will use beam or hammer (as sneak attack & all the other extras make most 1-hand blunt weapons less than desireable). Let's hear it for uniformity!!

But Eleetist, you're right on point with everything else. Very accurate post.

-Templar Red

Re: Re: What a JOKE!!!!

Originally posted by Templar Red
    Blunt-weapon Enforcers won't have it so bad. They can keep all of their nice weapon skill buffs running for far more than three lousy minutes. But do they have any edged weapon buffs? Not sure; never played one. If not, then we'll be seeing the last of the edged weapon enforcers. Every single Enforcer will use beam or hammer (as sneak attack & all the other extras make most 1-hand blunt weapons less than desireable). Let's hear it for uniformity!!
    Nope, we got no 1he buffs except the challenger line, with some 30 second duration. And that one shuts down nano capability for 2 minutes afterwards, so it's no use really.

There's no doubt about it; Enforcers are meant to be 2HB Period!

I'm feeling the pain of trying to be different already (level 76), having a hard time competing with the 2HB enforcers with my 2x1HS combo. And with this "tweak" I'll lay down my arms and wait for the IP reallocation. Cause I have to switch to 2HB to get anywhere.

Sincerely
    Kavanagh [24-7]

Originally posted by Xombie
    You know, if people wouldn't twink their ****ing characters with their higher level characters, there wouldn't be a goddamned problem. BUT NOOOOOOO, you have to be the "best l33tz0r d00d in AO". And you expect an MMORPG company to NOT try to stop twinking, when every ****ing mmorpg company DOES. Go ahead, screw everyone else over. See if I care.
    Umm... not me.
    I do solo missions for maximum cash & pay for my own stuff.

I didn't think this was directed at me, specifically, though. And I'll admit that I, too, have felt annoyed or jealous of characters who actually buy a Yalm before they hit level 30 (I've met just a few).

But how does this effect me? It doesn't. Maybe it would if I PvP'ed at low levels... but I'd never even bother trying, until I have at least a full set of implants (not worth the cred if you're below level 20, when you outgrow them so quickly, & with PvE being so easy then). I understand that a few grief-players have made a point to twink out single-digit-level players, & go & slaugher the true newbies in the arenas, to get their worthless titles. If this is the case, then why isn't there an 'arena blacklist' of some kind (ever if it's just a word-of-mouth, per-day basis)? Or... why don't the newbies band together & smash the little twit?

What would you propose FC could do to prevent high-levels from giving a few million credits to their new re-roll, though? Make credits non-transferrable? No way. Besides, this is what keeps long-term players with the game. Starting over from scratch again is fun. And if the high-levels weren't able to twink out their re-rolls, then many of them wouldn't even bother; they'd just as soon try some other MMORPG instead.

-Templar Red

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast