Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435

Thread: Exploiters, overequipping and the rest.

Re: no mention about implants

Originally posted by Odaen
    Whats IC or wrangles for now. Do you really expect traders to remain debuffed (from wrangling) while grouped so that the team can stay buffed? Its hard enough to get a single wrangle out of a trader per mission much less constant wrangles. Would be kinda hard for a trader to heal during battle now wouldn't it if constantly debuffed due to wrangles.
    Yes, I would expect traders to constantly cast wrangles. What's the problem with being debuffed?

First the trader casts their plunder/ransack skills line to raise their abilities then they wrangle for team. The trader is not there to do dmg but is in a team to be a support character. Saying they wont wrangle islike saying a doc won't heal or a soldier wont shoot. Each prof has a role in a team, if you don't like healing don't be a Doc, if you don't like enhancing the team don't be a Trader.

The recent changes make the trader a much more valued member of a team then ever before. I starte a trader but only got to level 6 before I realized how dull and unecessary the prof could be. Now with the upcoming OE changes I'm reconsidering playing a Trader.
    Biomed

Antimatter

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And when you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."
    -Nietzsche

Re: Re: no mention about implants

Originally posted by Psilock

First the trader casts their plunder/ransack skills line to raise their abilities then they wrangle for team. The trader is not there to do dmg but is in a team to be a support character. Saying they wont wrangle islike saying a doc won't heal or a soldier wont shoot. Each prof has a role in a team, if you don't like healing don't be a Doc, if you don't like enhancing the team don't be a Trader.

nice theory. here's the problem.
    traders have no green skills except tradeskills.
    can't raise any combat or nano skills 5pts per level like most classes.
    everything is 3-4pts. so the drians only get us back to the same level
    as everyone else. you start handicapped and the drains compensate.
    if you cast a wrangle, then you're back down 100points lower again.
    damage is lower, crits are fewer, and you're casting lowerQL nanos,
    for example, it's the difference between casting 300pt heals and 500pt heals.
    or the difference between adds being calmed or resisting.

any team that cares more about teamplay
    and strategy than thier own big numbers
    would prefer me to heal and mez and crit.

FC and there little game.

This whole OE issue would go away if FC didn't make the reqiurments for Castings NANO'S Equiping ARMOUR , WEAPONS and casting PET NANOS so HIGH.

Where did they get that Stat Requierment from, Dont you think they tested it at the time ?

They must have gone through a whole bunch of different stat requierments and changes.

And Now they want to change it again Because it is getting to easy for players to play there game, I have never heard anything so funny in my life.

Sometimes when you make your bed you have to sleep in it FC.

Dont become a loser like SOE ( EQ ) where they midstream changed and nerfed many things in game as well as taking away several prized artifacts that players would dream of getting.

This is not how you improve something, This is how you Adjust it to serve your needs, and not ours.

Take heed and listen...

1 thing.

Gaute, u might wanna reconsider. What the heck is the trader buff wrangle (3min buff) for?????

Red face News FLash

Originally posted by Wenzell

IT IS STILL NOT BALANCED. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE !

News flash!

The game will never be Balanced.
    Trying to do so for PVP sake is ruining the game.

-Koyote

any team that cares more about teamplay
    and strategy than thier own big numbers
    would prefer me to heal and mez and crit.
    well 2 out of 3 anyway. Because traders can over equip quite well, they do way more damage than they were intended to. With the changes you will be put back in line damage wise and will be able to focus on your roll as a support profession. Now if you said you should focus on heal, mez, debuff, and wrangle, then I would agree. Having a trader in the group makes all the combat professions more deadly, and having 3 or 4 profs doing bigger damage is far more important strategy wise, than one guy getting a few crits off.

Traders complaining?

Guys I don't have any idea why Traders are complaining. You guys will become uber in pvp and a must have when traveling in pvp areas and you are complaining? I watched a trader npc dump my stats down the toilet with 2 programs, deprive and ransack. That is 75 skill points of reduction at lvl 35-50. I don't know about most of the others out there, but under the new rules coming out this would drop my weapon skill, if I am using one close to my max skill buffed, down 40 percent. This then puts my weapon skill for a weapon that is close to my max skill level down to 50percent effective. Meanwhile you guys get the stat buff and now can use that shotgun or whatever with normal effectiveness even if you are OE. Personally after 14.2, traders should be able to take out any profession in pvp 1 on 1.

IMHO I would rather see them put a min level on items then the current suggestion. IF the goal is to stop OE, then bascially you just make weapons and armor with level limits. Much easier fix, and since it won't matter what your stats are you won't have lvl 1 twinks running around with high quality weapons. The only down side to this is that you will see people not put stats in weapon skills and such and rely on wrangles or other weapon skill buffs to equip and use weapons. But I think this will do more to solve the problem with OE with less impact on current game play than the current puposal.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435