Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: You know you've played AO too long when:

...when you start walking few steps backward because it's quicker than turning around too often.

...when you start strafing in hallways because its quicker.

...when you try to move the slider to defensive when told off by boss.

...when you say "baby spawned" when she wakes up.

...when you watch/read about sniper attacks and think "Aimed Shot needs nerfing".

...when you stop going to shopping malls because of lag

- when you are sitting in class for 20mins and get mad because you wasted your time camping your professor only to find out she isnt spawning today

- when a friend from work tells you she's pregnant and you say woot grats! what breed are you gonna make it?

- when you are looking for something in your packs and you look under your desk expecting to find it there

- when you are getting dressed in the morning and think wth did i put all my armor?

- when you are following someone in your car and you try to find the target button so you can do /follow so you dont get lost

- when you tell the hot guy at work to look at the salepeople camping the front door for uber customers and he hasnt talked to you since

- when you go to a club with your friends and you start to do a version of /disco and /pulp

- when a friend asks to borrow your notes from class and she gives them back saying she cant understand them because you wrote lots of things like uber 1337 ur j00 ppl r0xx0r etc

- when you are on the phone and tell the person you have to go but you'll send them a tell later

- when you are thinking to yourself and your thoughts appear in text on the AO chat screen in your mind

- when you say things like woot grats lol okies roxxor in real life and dont understand why people are giving you weird looks

- when your stuck in traffic and get mad because of the lag

- when you tell people your car is better because the lower the ql the better it is

- when you are very guilty of all the things you listed and many of the ones other people listed (which i am :| )
    Last edited by Romi; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 14:55:20.

did this last night

your cooking dinner and its almost ready and you realize you have to "camp it" ......i think this to myself now every time i have to wait for anything..sigh....also i never said lol outloud yet but everytime i hear somethign funny, lol goes off in my head.....so sad

When you dream that you just bumped into your girlfriend in the grid, and it strangely seemed to make sense at the time.
    "You know how these so-called 'Environmentalists' are all vegetarian? Well, there would be a lot more of the Environment if they stopped eating all the plants..."

Harry Hill

- When your GF tells you that last night you were sleeptalking "I have this new bot that has a shotgun that sounds like a machine gun *Dakka dakka dakka*"
    Last edited by Systembug; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 21:23:32.
    - ][GoT NuKE?][ -

----
    Systembug 184 Trox NT
    Sadakoi 180 Doc
    Lightshade 148 Fixer
    Thunderbug 93 MA
    Deathclown 66 Enf
    Deathjester 64 Agent
    Cubix 46 Soldier
    Pwndbug 45 Adv

- you play Return to Castle Wolfenstein and you try to tab the Germans.

It doesn't work too well.
    Nochnaja

Keep safe, and may the clans fear you.

When your GF asks you to make her a cup of coffee and you reply - "Not in game yet, next patch with any luck"

/me then takes 5000 points of 3rd degree scolding coffee damage.
    "You know how these so-called 'Environmentalists' are all vegetarian? Well, there would be a lot more of the Environment if they stopped eating all the plants..."

Harry Hill

When you've just spent two hours moving boxes and books htrough the whole flat, and your BF tells you "Hey you have a smudge on the back of your shirt", and you think you should switch to 3rd person mode because you can't check it by yourself in 1st person
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Wasn't aware of this thread, so I posted these to the Social forum yesterday. Even though I thought of these myself (and I'm actually guilty of atleast one), I'm sorry if any has been used before (haven't bothered reading this whole thread yet).

Here goes:

- You get up in the morning and say "Good morning <your-guild>"

- You avoid walking through malls and other populated areas cause you`re afraid you`ll go ld

- Someone tells you they cheated on their exam, and you consider petitioning the exploiter

- You accidentally cut yourself making dinner with some friends, and ask if anyone has some spare treatment labs

- Some shady characters approaches you and you wish you`d have buffed up before you left home

- You get promoted and wonder where to put your IP`s

- Your car breaks down and you wonder if zoning might fix it

- You take your dog for a walk and make sure you avoid areas where it might get stuck on corners and other obstacles

- You go to the loo and wait a few seconds before you pull down your pants, just to make sure you won`t get the rubber-band effect back to the office
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)

Originally posted by LiGHtSHaDE
    - When your GF tells you that last night you were sleeptalking "I have this new bot that has a shotgun that sounds like a machine gun *Dakka dakka dakka*"
    Hehe... THAT one sounds like a real life experience... That right LightShade?

K.
    Shane "Kavanagh" Sosnowski

Re: Re: hm

Originally posted by Julekake
    when your girlfriend starts playing the game just to get some quality time with you (guilty)
    Originally posted by Foetous
    Tips for pulling this one off would be appreciated.
    My GF got trouble starting Internet Explorer on my comp (even though it's in the Quick Launch bar), so I'll drop THAT project ;P

K.
    Last edited by Kavanagh; Oct 25th, 2002 at 00:39:39.

Re: hmm.

Originally posted by Xephydes
    ...when you forget something and you think to yourself: "Hmm, I need more NCU" *guilty*

... when you sleep from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m. and miss out your friends party because you played the previous 52 hours straight. *guilty*

... when you stand up and notice you REALLY have to go to the bathroom, and you don't even remember the last time you went... *guilty*

... when you walk around in your apartment and realize that you're near starvation, because you forget to eat *guilty*

More to come
    Ouch! You REALLY need to set an alarm clock so you don't end up like 2 koreans have done lately.....

K.

When the TV (that's been "snowing" in the backgound) suddenly turns on morning TV... And you realize that means its 6am.... (*guilty*)

K.

Hmpf!... Maybe when you post 5 times in a row on the same thread?

K.

When it annoys you that this thread is on topic but for some reason this one http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=19139 (( How do you know your team of lvl 100+ will get you killed )) isn't.

More GF stuff

When your GF starts sleeping around with DAoC players, just to get your attention.

When you realise that you really should throw that half-eaten mouldy sandwich away. That one that has been sitting next to the keyboard for about three weeks now. But come on, its almost part of the game now.

Harry Hill

.. when you keep asking for a essence so people can notice you even more when you are in a pub. Oh, and let me have a Lick of Fire while you are at it.

(veeeeery guilty)

.. when someone has bad luck with the opposite sex, and you end up calling him or her 'n00b' and if they start to argue back at you, 'r u nuubi?'.

(very veeeery guilty)

Damn.. I literally just told everyone what I did this friday night that were.

Unhappy U know u've been playing ao too long when...

* You dream about gathering a full set of rare armour at night, and when u wake up u wonder where it has gone*
    - Am soo guilty-

*When you start doing emotes with your ao friends in public*
    -done this too many times as well-
    First blood isn't as important as last blood

Slasher666 211 MP
    Nethersoul 119 Shade
    Cyhter 68 Crat
    Tragicomix 50 Trader
    Tauron 64 Enforcer
    Nylenna 17 Fixer
    Drmadness 57 Doc

True story

I told my wife I was invited to a wedding, She asked if she was invited. I didn't think about it until after, but I told her she needed to get her own account and we would lvl her, then she could come, But I would buy her some nice social armour.

She said oh your game.

----------------------------
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast