Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: You know you've played AO too long when:

...you describe eating as "buffing your stomach"

...you sit down crosslegged in the bed and shout "camp" before you go to sleep

...you wake up and consider yourself being in "res.shock"

...you wish that you had a crowd control nano during rush hours

...your new message on your phone answering machine is just "afk"
    * July 9, 2001 :: + July 29, 2004

... when using the bike, you think that for once it'd be good to be "teleported" by the lag to the next traffic light instead of having to pedal all the way long...

Geez, I'm such a nerd
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

...When the power-saver kicks in and blanks the screen on your second pc, and you get that dreadful "You have been disconnected" feeling.
    VdpMeat ex-MA Engie

When you start inventing new words like "unevadeable".

When using words like "gimped,twinked,borked ganked and griefer" draw looks of confusion from work colleagues.

...when you start shooting in Counter-Strike and don't aim..

-Kisp

Talking

- When you go out to buy yourself a new DVD player, find one you like, and then tell the clerk; "I want that yalmaha over there".

He gave me the yamaha without raising an eyebrow, and I quickly left the store. :P

I know someone mentioned this one before on this thread but Iwas so guilty of it today....

* Step outside of office to notice it raining over to the (/me looks down to my compas for direction), only to see no direction...WTF!

- You're at a bar with a friend; a woman he hits on slaps him; you taunt her to the point that she slaps you; your friend does likewise, and so on until she collapses on the ground from exhaustion; you and your friend argue about who gets to loot the corpse

- Whenever you go to amazon.com or some other e-commerce site, you fire up Clicksaver

- You hang around construction sites and greedily eye the steel girders

- You go to class to take a test carrying a pair of guns because you think they make you smarter

- You stand in the quad all day before your physics final shouting "Need Mochams TS will tip!"

- You take Tylenol PM and wonder why it's not buffing your Psychological Modification

- You wonder why everyone giggles at you when you stand on a busy street corner shouting "Can someone make an implant for me?"

- If you have small children/infants, you call them "noobs" or "lowbies"

- Instead of asking your spouse, "Please run to the store and buy some sugar," you ask, "Blitz some sugar, plz."

- You buy a new copy of a program at a computer store, go to their customer support department, take the CD out of the package, and ask if they can make a crystal out of it for you

- You walk into a florist shop and chop up their entire inventory hoping to find a Grid Armor disk

- You start referring to your mother-in-law as "The Meatshield"

- For her birthday, you give your mother-in-law a really high-quality lead pipe (because she isn't of the right breed to use those steel girders you were salivating over)

- You order Filet Mignon at a fancy French restaurant, smell it and say, "Mmmmm... monster part!"

When I started getting an overwhelming urge to put on my husbands flak jacket ( he is in law enforcement ) and run around the house wearing it and a white thong

Originally posted by lilnano
    When I started getting an overwhelming urge to put on my husbands flak jacket ( he is in law enforcement ) and run around the house wearing it and a white thong

HA..HA..HA...HA...HA..HA..HA...!!!!! Thats's a good one!

By the way can i get a screen shot of that?

Talking

...you get mad at people that drive on the shoulder during traffic jams and yell "exploiter!" at them.

...you tell your 3-year-old to "stop ganking the leet" when they tease your siamese cat.
    "Injections for everyone! My treat!"

This thread needs a bump:

-When your in res-shock in the morning and put on your boots first, *then* try to get in your pants *guilty*

-When you want to get out of that very pants at night and seriously think about going to bet with them because "the belt takes too long to un-equip and re-equip in the morning"

-when you are an Offensive Lineman on your Football Team and think: I don't need that stupid helmet, I'll just wear my sunglasses. That little extra AC doesn't matter and we have a doc on the sideline *wouldn't be able to post this if guilty*

-When you went to your local sport store to get you some new shoulderpads and you ask the guy if it is available in red and can be overtuned. Or if they have some Albrecht Pads, not those Douglas ones.

-When you don't see the need to get out of your uniform after the game and take a shower (I can't take of the Tank, need Essence and IC and two concrete cushions to get it back on. Smell? What smell?)

-When you try to convert the neighbours monsterpart (cat) into blood plasma using your biocom (blender) *come kitty kitty kitty*

-When you went out shopping and buy almost everything in sight thinking : I have millions of credits

-When you start taunting the Dobermann thinking "Those Mechdocs are grey to me for ages"

-When you see something for the first time you want to go to auno.org to check what it is in their database

-When the plumber fixed something in your appartment and you ask him if he has some high QL Leadpipes to spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

Talking

----- When you go around in the store checking pricetags for ql 160 Milk (guilty)
    ----- When you enter work, hastely running for the bathroom to scan/save incase your boss aggroes on you.
    ----- Standing by the coffemachine at work with several of your collegues yelling "lvl 25 computertech, LFG"
    ----- Printing Omni-Tec signs and posting them around at work with a written propaganda note "Join our forces today".
    ----- Nearly getting fired from work after mistakenly -Fixer /whisper a customer whether he wanted a speed stimm to get him through the day-.
    ----- Saying "Gratz!" to the customer when he finally realized the cause of the problem, thinking that he might have used some IP's to Upp his intelligence.

-yupps!

Zubok The Fixer...
    (BTW, half of this is allready done by Miksta the Adv. ) ;D

<Take a minute to think, then Run like hell>

... When you see a cop in the street, and feels the urge to cast your better Run buff and duck behind a car or in the nearest shop, thinking "Damn Male Patroller, he's gonna shoot me on sight if I stay here".
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Originally posted by Zubok
    ----- Printing Omni-Tec signs and posting them around at work with a written propaganda note "Join our forces today".
    OMG! I have to do that one! It would really freak out my boss and my co-workers! I'll print some out and hang them up everywhere! (right after them lvl 300 guys in 'crat-suits are done ISO-approving the factory I could post results by next week, I suppose....

I'll start printing now, and hide the papers in my drawer until they have wandered off. I hear the can do some serious 'fire'-damage if aggroed

- when your cats are named Nano, Wen-Wen and Schuyler... (guilty)

Lillemjau

Anyone of you saw the Ao-newsletter this month?
    This thread was mentioned, and i was quoted w00t...

/me feels pretty good about that

Now stop bragging Blodcreeper, this will get you nowhere, old fool
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

Total levels gained since nov 2002 |2500+ |

7 years to ding 220, any better?

- After taking a shower: Doing the atrox /disco in front of you family, in your underwear (guilty, don't ask, just laugh)

- On your way to the bathroom: /ballet in front of your family, who are watching TV (guilty)

- Show parents previous mentioned emotes on your computer screen and they tell you that "You play too much of that" (guilty)

- Spontaniously shouting "Omni-Tek is your friend" in public (guilty)

- While on IRC, you insist either pressing enter before typing a sentence, or use /tell or /r in every sentence... (guilty)

---

What can I say? Thanks to AO, my parents think that I'm nuts
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

*When You pick up a large hammer (thinking its a sledge of DOOM) , Then proceed to smash ur familys skulls in with it . /me shrugs

When the most reasonable excuse not to go shopping with your girlfriend on a Saturday afternoon in a crowded Shopping Centre is - 'Too much lag'

When she suggests going to Rome on holiday, you respond 'Well, its pretty, but no one goes there'

When she suggests going to Athens on holiday, you shudder because you are Omni.

When you dial a wrong number, you say 'Sorry MT'

When you girlfriend steals the last yoghurt in the fridge, you call her a 'ninja looter', then kick her.

and perhaps most sadly :

When you finish an AO session and gained 5 levels, or obtained and wielded a rare item, you think 'That was a good day - what a valuable use of my time...'

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast