Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: You know you've played AO too long when:

...When you end up in the hospital because u lost movement in your hand. You leave your house and ask a jogger for a run buff so you can get there quicker. when you are in the emergancy room you ask the doctor for an +80 treatment.

When you see a fine looking member of the opposite sex.....walk up to them and start doing /pulp.

When you decide its better to take a blade to a gunfight.

When someone uses the word slag in context and you find yourself covering your ears and screaming no! no! no! no! don't say that!

When you ask the guy at the gunstore where they keep the basic implants.

When the name funcom is spoken you cringe.

When you start asking around why ya can't see peoples names above their heads.

When posting on the forum is more fun than doing a mission.

Originally posted by Metafistics

3) When you're heading to work, and you get the uncontrollable urge to just blitz your office, pick up your paycheck, and head home.
    You have no idea how I wish I was able to do that :P
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

/me sighs

Would be even beter if you could blitz it once per day
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

true story.

Me and acouple freinds from work play AO together. A customer came up to complain, my freind goes "Yea its hard when they aggro on you". I hit the floor laughing. PO'ed the customer off.
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

When you stand in line at you local Burger King and start singing :
    'Bronto, Bronto, Bronto.. we want you! HHHMMMMM Yummy!'

*guilty*

Kisses
    Steelbuns
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

You've lived a few "lvls" and starts to think that this profession you currently are is no good and you want to restart your character by choosing another race, profession and gender.

Oh edit: guilty

...when you realise you've made a typo, and instead of hitting leftarrow to correct it, you hit shift+ leftarrow,selecting the text, and when you retype, the whole selected sentence is gone (guilty. Several times!)

..when you start having serious attitude problems when you stay away from AO more than a week (happening to me right now)

..when you send an Email to a wrong recipiant, and when you discover it, you send another containing only the letters "MT"

....when you wish you could afford a yalmaha. This Kodiak is way too slow (guilty)

..when you wish you had chosen MP as proffession instead, due to their Quantum Wings. (quilty)

...when you overhear a conversation about a tradesman, and you think "wonder what his best wrangle is)

....upon meeting new people, you instantly try to leftclick him/her, to see his/her proffession

....when meeting with some friends, and you know one of your friends is bringing someone you don't know, and you try to /tell helpbot whois x, to find out if he is omni or clan (damned if I ever team up with a clanner)

...when you meet someone at a LAN, find out he plays AO. And you call your friends over to gank him, when you discover he's a clanner. (guilty. We didn't assault him physically, though. We just taunted him a bit. Then we settled down and chatted )

....when you wonder if RL would be better if you had a shopping channel (guilty)

..when you try to imagine yourself as an AO character (what breed, profession, how high the skills would be etc..) (can be aplied to ANY rolepleying system) (guilty. in several game-systems)

....when you find a roadkill and think: "too bad I'm no pharmacist. I could make some money on that blood plasma.

...when watching a movie, and think "those guns seem to be bugged. They fire faster than the cap. Should I /petition?)

....when watching a movie and think "why is the villains allways using low ql guns? Doesn't seem fair"

..when you have a vacation and spend it playing AO nonstop for a week. (guilty)

..when dring that week, you have no idea wether it is day/night, not a clue which day it is and realy don't care (set some scheduled task on your comp to remind you two days before work begins so you can adjust your sleeping habits back to normal) (guilty)

..when you wish you could put an AFK on your phone (guilty)

....when you actually say you're AFK when you don't have a keyboard in front of you. (guilty)

...when at work, you look forward to the breaks, only so you can post on the forums (guilty)

...when coming late to work (since you played too long last night) and hope you your boss doesn't have too much perception, so you can sneak past him) (guilty)

...When on vacation, even if you're having a great time, you wish you'd stayed home because your guildforum shows that a lot of things are hapeing right now and you wish you could be there. ( happening right now)

..when this forum acts as a "quick fix" to your addiction when you are unable to play AO (yup. that's me. RIGHT now)

...when friends have to log on to AO and give you a /tell, since it's the only way to reach you. (LOL! this actually happened: He doesn't play AO anymore, but created a 7-day trial, to log on and give me a tell, where he told me to hook up my phoneline again so he could call me about some important stuff. )

oh. almost forgot:

...when you talk about a trafic jam as lag. (me and my friends does it all the time )

...when you wonder what button to press to get a screenie in RL

.....*You get irritated because the bus has too long spawn rate...... (guilty)

.....*You actually wish you had a comp-lit buff to make prices in stores cheaper. "that darn pizza is just to expensive" (guilty)

.....*You catch yourself getting frustrated because the woman in the shop don't turn around to you and say "welcome xxx, please choose some of the items in my shop"(or what the hell they say) when you right click her.
    (guilty)

.....*You wake up after a nightmare and check if Atrox'es really have genitals (touch yourself in between your legs) (guilty)

.....*You actually think you have a chance beating up your boss, because hes gray on top of his head (really guilty)

I have more examples of me playing way to much AO, but i won't spam you more.....for now

Be well
    Last edited by Blodcreeper; Aug 1st, 2002 at 11:36:12.
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

Total levels gained since nov 2002 |2500+ |

7 years to ding 220, any better?

.. when you stand in the elevator on it's way up to your floor and thank FC that they removed fall damage from indoor playfields in a previous patch. (You no longer fear elevators)

.. when you run around the town and asks people if they can give you various buffs because you wish to equip "xxx" or wear "xxx".

... when you think that you can hit that mob who's standing 10 meters away from you with your fists.

... when you actually start to dance "pulp" in the middle of the town, for no reason at all!

... when waiting for FC to release the next patch just to make your life easier and less buggy

Originally posted by Skybert

....upon meeting new people, you instantly try to leftclick him/her, to see his/her proffession

....when meeting with some friends, and you know one of your friends is bringing someone you don't know, and you try to /tell helpbot whois x, to find out if he is omni or clan (damned if I ever team up with a clanner)

..when you have a vacation and spend it playing AO nonstop for a week. (guilty)

..when you wish you could put an AFK on your phone (guilty)

...when at work, you look forward to the breaks, only so you can post on the forums (guilty)

...when coming late to work (since you played too long last night) and hope you your boss doesn't have too much perception, so you can sneak past him) (guilty)

..when this forum acts as a "quick fix" to your addiction when you are unable to play AO (yup. that's me. RIGHT now)

Definitely guilty... and I'm at work right now...

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

- You get into philosophical debates about how life is skill-based, not level-based

- You call AAA and ask if your membership includes map upgrades

- You come across an accident where a pedestrian was hit by a car and you try to loot the corpse

- You consider whether you'd be able to attack a police officer with a banjo and prevail (watched this in-game once; it was hysterical)

- You're at an Italian restaurant, order spaghetti and meatballs, try to get one meatball to attack a waiter, and try to get another meatball to heal the first one

- You carry your pillows with you wherever you go

- You call Dell to order a new computer, and ask what the comp lit requirements are for the various models

- You get your new computer, and wear it around your waist

- You don't know where the key to your apartment is; but it doesn't matter because there's no furniture

- You try to put all your possessions in the ATM

- You always carry a half dozen full backpacks with you

- You're walking down some urban street, and a beggar asks for money, to which you reply, "Why don't you just run missions?"

- You buy $1500 worth of subway tokens (if you live in NYC), fasten them to a piece of cardboard, and wear it around your neck; and you mention this on your resume when trying to get a computer tech/programming job

- You're on a bus or train, and it stops inexplicably; someone next to you asks "What happened?" and you answer, "Zone crash; it's a known bug"

- You go car shopping and ask to see the lowest quality models available

- Whenever you see someone get out of a car, you point and say, "Look how tiny that makes him."

- You're in a meeting or classroom, and every time someone walks in, you shout "Add!"

- You're often rummaging through your boss's desk because the supplies you need are "boss loot only"

- You refer to your boss's secretary(s)/administrative assistant(s) as his/her "pet(s)"

- You refer to your boss's secretary(s)/administrative assistant(s) as his/her "minion(s)"

- You refer to your state after heavy drinking, not sleeping enough, etc. as "rez shock"

- Your boss offers you a promotion, to which you respond "Ding!"

- Your boss asks you to get back to work after giving you a promotion because you've sat there silently for several minutes; you answer him by saying, "one sec IPing"

- Your spouse tells you about his/her promotion, and you respond "Gratz"

- Your daughter's date arrives to pick her up, but she isn't ready yet, so you say, "She's still buffing"

- When entering a building, you run in place for a few seconds under the door frame before going in

- Your daughter's date arrives to pick her up, but she isn't ready yet, so you say, "She's still buffing"
    rofl!

1) When you walk into a new nightclub, and want to shout "LFT!"

2) When you see three women near the bar, and wonder how you can "pull" one without aggroing the other two.

3) When you poke your head into a nice restaurant, and tell your date "First room's clear".

4) When you get the big bill for dinner, and you wish you could "calm" your waiter and dash for the door...
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

....when you bend your knees and walk in an akward motion right in front of people, hoping that you are invisable
    This actually works if you work in a cubicle environment, you can sneak right past your boss' office on your way back from Hooters 2 hours late from lunch

... When you're at work, posting on the boards or whatever else when supposed to work, and you keep on checking if your boss is sitting at his desk because from there, he has no LoS to spot what you're doing

There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Originally posted by Porsche "Steelbuns" Pauly
    When you stand in line at you local Burger King and start singing :
    'Bronto, Bronto, Bronto.. we want you! HHHMMMMM Yummy!'

*guilty*

Kisses
    Steelbuns

Guilty

Originally posted by Metafistics

rofl!

1) When you walk into a new nightclub, and want to shout "LFT!"

2) When you see three women near the bar, and wonder how you can "pull" one without aggroing the other two.

3) When you poke your head into a nice restaurant, and tell your date "First room's clear".

4) When you get the big bill for dinner, and you wish you could "calm" your waiter and dash for the door...
    hehe

Originally posted by Emiko

hehe
    You know Emiko, i really think it's annoying if the Qoute in someones post, is longer than their own words

and you actually fell deep into that category witht that "hehe" of yours j/k
    Last edited by Blodcreeper; Aug 2nd, 2002 at 09:05:35.
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

Total levels gained since nov 2002 |2500+ |

7 years to ding 220, any better?

You got a problem if you walk into your boss office and think its 0% zone....rooooaaarrrrr!!...erhm...

/Frost
    Filthgrinder, Soldier Of Legion[size=0.1]
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>[/size]
    Do you belive?
    Which Personality Disorder Do I Have?
    My type is: KAE.
    Killer 93% - Achiever 66% - Explorer 26% - Socializer 13%
    <<<¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤(O)¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤+¤>>>

Account Created : 2001-06-27 13:42:4

-when you drive your car directly in to the shop doors.

-when hitting "Enter/return" when you whant to write a mail (guilty multiple times)
    ----------------------
    Maxis

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast