Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: You know you've played AO too long when:

You know you've played AO too long when...

When you walk into a building and expect to see 'Changing Area' appear in red by your feet.

When walk into a crowded area and you expect everyone and everything to freeze for three minutes. When the world unfreezes, you can only move fifteen feet at a time before stopping again.
    "You know how these so-called 'Environmentalists' are all vegetarian? Well, there would be a lot more of the Environment if they stopped eating all the plants..."

Harry Hill

I do ISP tech support and while answering the phone I said..

"Anarchy-Online this is Teuf how can I help you?"

As some of you know Amnra and I work together IRL and he about fell out of his chair laughing when I did this. We where discussing the recent nerfs to GA. Him being all for GA and saying specials should check against DMS and me saying no way in hell. Phone rang I picked it up and BAM out it came.
    We are not racist, religious, violent, elitist or criminal. We are the sworn enemy of injustice and those who warp laws into justification for the corrupt. We are the freaks in your school, office, or church. We are the ones who do not sit idly by, or turn a blind eye to injustice in any form. We are vigilantes, hackers, freejackers, spies, and friends. We are sick of the current corpora-political trend and seek to ensure that infringements on freedom do not go unnoticed. We are Fixers!

Freshman Pete "Teufeldieb" Freiman - Retired Due to Lack of Content for Fixers in SL

Samuel "Pokett" Adams - Self Healing Tank

im writing my dissertation about Performance Measurement atm, focusing on the Balanced Scorecard and while writing, i reread the very beginning of my work (sort of historical inroduction) and really found in my supposed to be scientific, 200 pages paper the sentence:

....... what u measure is what u get.....u cannot manage what u cannot measure....

hmmm, perhaps i should be careful not to use abbreviations in this thing ? now i have to reread the whole work so i didnt use words like aggro, laterz, phixxed, skillz, omg and so on....

damn u all, why are u gimpin my almost nonexisting english writin skillz

When someone tells a joke and you are tempted to say Lol instead of actually laughing. (guilty constantly)

When you use MSN messenger or the like and you keep hitting enter to open the chat bar. (guilty as well)

When you quit your job and tell your boss to stfu cause you just found GAIV

....when you wake up in the morning and being barely concious about your surroundings and start mumbling things about how you need to use a nano charger before you come out of "rez shock"
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

When you walk into your bank and everyone drops to the floor becasue of the guns your are 'dropping' off.
    Knights of Ka
    Its not a Game its an Addiction

Kallen 83 Enforcer
    Kallette 48 Meta Physist
    Kallenfix 61 Fixer
    Kallentrel 70 Trader
    Kallen* Reserve for future GiMps

Cool

Hehe,

at my work people started an email thread on the new code name for the next product release.

Well thats what i have offered as a project name at the meeting :

Anima of Maddening Wrath
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

found a yalm!

dreamed of finding a yalm in a chest last night.

woke up depressed when i realized it wasnt true and i was still
    3.5mil. credits away.

still a little depressed but getting over it

...when burnt dinner tastes ok, and you remove the batteries from the smoke alarm because it keeps going off all the time

Smen

Originally posted by MeepMeep
    im writing my dissertation about Performance Measurement atm, focusing on the Balanced Scorecard and while writing, i reread the very beginning of my work (sort of historical inroduction) and really found in my supposed to be scientific, 200 pages paper the sentence:

....... what u measure is what u get.....u cannot manage what u cannot measure....
    Hehe reminds me of when I was in uni, and writing up one of my experiments late at night while chatting to a friend online. They gota very strange paragraph about the use of radio telescopes to see further into the centre of the galaxy, and I wrote in my report about what a great night I had had dancing with friends (SO glad I proof read that one )

Hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789