Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: You know you've played AO too long when:

You know you've played AO too long when:

I thought this would be fun thread to kick off. This happened to me today and I started to laugh afterwards:

*When you greet a co-worker with a visual /greet wave.

*try to cut time on your emails by using a bunch of made up words.

*You have dreams that your AO character is playing other MMORPG's for fun.
    Tuxx - Grid Freak and Closed System Poison Pill, Black Sheep of SRS and Proprietor of The Neon Zebra
    Domu - Lotus on Water, Member of House SRS
    Neon Zebra: A gathering place for the roleplaying community.

...When you're rushing to the office by bike, and bump into a passer-by because you're thinking "oh, no problem, I'll pass through him anyways!"

Morals of the story: don't use the bike to go to the office
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

True Story

When you play DAoC for an evening "for a change" and it makes such a refreshing change you play it for the rest of the week (and when you come to the forums you dont get so angry with all the things that are wrong with AO/FC)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

When you're still on your 7 day trial and you're wondering what there is to do other then team mission.

Talking

When you try to tab the people around you. Ermm...

...when you tell your P.E. teacher that there is no reason to do anything else because your Strength, Stamina, and Agility is already breed-capped.

....when you think your sister's pet hamster is a leet and hold it by the tail like a leet-doll.

....when your teacher/boss insists for a drug test because your eyes are bloodshot from playing AO all night.

....when you try to stand up but wait 3 seconds because of lag.

....when you go out and buy a lead pipe because it's the weapon of the future.

....when you bend your knees and walk in an akward motion right in front of people, hoping that you are invisable

~Chris

When you can't see something and try to go into third person to zoom out.

When you try to go into third person PERIOD. (Guilty)

When you think sexual reproduction is sitting crosslegged facing each other.

You start looking for Keelaar sunglasses. (Guilty)
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

*when youve reached the end of a long walk and try to /terminate in order to get home faster.

* youre constantly running into doors, thinking that they´ll open for you.

* when you enter a store, realizing you dont see any docs, you scurry out the door while shouting "zoning!!" in hopes that a doc will be there when you enter again.

* when your dog/cat gets stuck behind the fridge (dont ask), and you /terminate it, waving your hands about , cursing FC for not implementing a pet-warp- command..

* when you complain to the manager of a department-store about the fact that you cant find vending-machines carrying guns, armor, and mind-altering substances anywhere!

* when you write an e-mail to the rl devs (god and the bunch), asking when the ipr will kick in, i mean, COME ON!! the server-wipe was bad enough!! (the flood)

* when you actually try to kill an armless hamster in your backyard, then trying to shove the remains into a cash-machine hoping to improve the balance on your account.

* when you wake up after a night at the pub, wondering why theres so much lag.

weeee, isnt this fun?? no its not, it just reminds me to get a real, actual, non-digital LIFE!
    /whine off

game on!
    -----------------------

" Die with your boots on "

When you slaughter hundreds of innocent woodland creatures and wonder why you receive a jail sentence instead of cash or experience points for doing it (gui--er, not guilty)

B a D D r E a M s

*You play AO for 41 hours straight and you fall out of chair and wake up in a cold sweat due to nightmares
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

When you get a new "Nuke" and decide to test it on yourself and accidentally annihilate everything within a 3 mile radius.
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

Cool Psyciatrists call it "derealization..."

...you look around in the hall for an insurance term just before going into a potentially hairy meeting.

...your siamese cat gets more petting because of the greater resemblence to leets.

...you type "/tell ..." in an email.

...your instinct is to hit tab-Q when you see someone you don't like.

...you shift-left-click on an icon in Windows expecting the same result as when you right-click on it (guilty).

...when trying to drive somewhere new you look down toward your steering wheel expecting to see a compass display (guilty).

Weeee! This is fun. Keep it up.
    "Injections for everyone! My treat!"

Talking Surefire signs that you've played too much AO

When you are daydreaming at work and the boss catches you and screams "GET BACK TO WORK." And the first thought that goes through your mind is Tab Q 5 4 1(my hot keys for Brawl, BoP, and Dimach.)

When friends at work ask why you look so tired and you start telling them about the world of AO and you realize you are making it sound like a real world instead of just a game.

You check your email and find 100 new messages, most from friends asking where you have been.

You check your email the next week and find 50 new emails from friends who were not impressed with your replies of "I have been playing a lot of AO lately."

Re: Surefire signs that you've played too much AO

Originally posted by Thrashdawg
    When you are daydreaming at work and the boss catches you and screams "GET BACK TO WORK." And the first thought that goes through your mind is Tab Q 5 4 1(my hot keys for Brawl, BoP, and Dimach.)

When friends at work ask why you look so tired and you start telling them about the world of AO and you realize you are making it sound like a real world instead of just a game.

You check your email and find 100 new messages, most from friends asking where you have been.

You check your email the next week and find 50 new emails from friends who were not impressed with your replies of "I have been playing a lot of AO lately."
    Guilty
    Best Regards
    Gladiator Maximus Wizzerrd Meridius
    Squad Commander of Project EDEN.
    Level 205 Nanomage MP.

I am required to kill, so I kill. That is enough!

When your clan forum already has a 6 page long thread on this topic.

http://www.mockers.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=506
    Trellame
    Legitimate businessman
    Board Member | The Black Company
    www.the-black-company.net
    Founder & Former President | The Mockers
    trellame@anotherwebboy.com

imagine that... a fixer and a pimp, all rolled into one....

* when you consider paying the internet-bills instead of buying food for the next month....
    -----------------------

" Die with your boots on "

hm

when your girlfriend starts playing the game just to get some quality time with you (guilty)
    Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit...

.Hack//Sign

...when you tell your P.E. teacher that there is no reason to do anything else because your Strength, Stamina, and Agility is already breed-capped.
    hahaha

1) When you're soloing your EQ Druid, and you try to root an incoming mob by right-clicking on your spell...

...which, in EQ, removes it.

2) When you find yourself looking at people in RL thinking "She kind of looks like an optifex".

3) When you're heading to work, and you get the uncontrollable urge to just blitz your office, pick up your paycheck, and head home.
    Rogoff AKA Mr. Brumble - 59 Omni Bureaucrat (RK2)
    Goodz 55 Fixer, (RK2)
    Goodzz 25 MP - Afrolicious, freaky and habit-forming

Mercinax: "/me casts afro containment field on Goodzz"

Re: Psyciatrists call it "derealization..."

Originally posted by Saphae

...you shift-left-click on an icon in Windows expecting the same result as when you right-click on it (guilty).
    Bahahaha, classic!

* When you get too drunk on your birthday, and shout "Ding!"
    (very very guilty)

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast