Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signs that your Doc is an idiot!

Wink

You can all avoide the <insert team-mate class> is an idoit issue by doing one thing all your life: solo.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Being a doc could be easy if...

[snip]

Maybe if people treated doctors better in their pickup groups, better doctors would be more willing to team with pickups. As it is, most of the best doctors tend to stick with their guildmates and their friends, who don't have their heads shoved so far up their posteriors that they need to use their navels as peep-holes.
    There, Jynne said it all. Most pick up groups are so ignorant to the life as a doc.

You people should try and appreciate all the docs out there.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

To Reality:

My mistake Actually any QL 200 tank armors dont have nano cost penalty and Albrecht is very good. I meant Battlesuit not tank armor. Sorry.

To Martek-SLAG:

Sitting down, recharging, standing up and continue running takes time. Ok its only seconds but when you see proper 150+ team doing exp (or even their lower lvl alts) they dont stop They RUN all the time. When the mob dies I am already moving to next mob before the body hits the floor. Higher lvl docs know this too and they dont really expect anyone to wait them to have full nano etc which is something low lvl docs kinda expect.

Ofcourse the difference is also that any high lvl char can prolly solo or atleast survive long enough against any mob in mission so that doc has time to heal them even from 1/2 health.

Also my QL 125 treatment pack heals about 1/10th of my health so its just better to be killing next one and doc throws either complete heal on me or chains team heals few times.

It is all about efficiency so there is the beef

Zarch and da chars

What's wrong with using your own treatment kits between fights ? Rechargers are indeed damm expensive... while treatment kits are a plenty... especially now that they drop so often in chests. In general, we'll use up less treatment kits than rechargers...... (speaking from personal experience)

I think some of u have too high (an IMO unreasonable) expectation of docs.

I'm an ADV. And let me tell u that a doc's job is a damm stressful one. (especially in a team of strangers) Hate being the only healer in the team.

SOme of you who complained should really go try play a doc. U'll then understand why some behave in certain ways.

In my regular guild teams... we always let the doc loot all (recoup costs). Of coz we trust him well enuf to distribute any good stuff that he doesn't need. This also speeds up the team, as the tanks usually don't need healing during the 1st few rounds of the fight. By the time doc finished looting and catches up... it'll be about just right.

Oh.. BTW, I'm level 160+. So I do know about "not stopping". But u don't always have to be the 1st to enter the fight do you ? Let someone else take the glory once in a while.... while we "slowly' do the sit-presshotkey-stand routine.

Don't just use QL125 kits.... u guys don't bother to open chests ? I know it slows the team down a little (for teams with good ninja looters.. u prob won't notice the slow down), but.. now higher QL treatment kits drops very often. I usually have a bag full of them that heals about 1k a pop.
    Last edited by Ashuras; Aug 2nd, 2002 at 10:48:08.

Uhm, question!
    Why not help out that doc who is doing everything wrong instead of making fun of em, flaming em?! I know I've started a doc yesterday and I'm new to the doc strategy... Doesn't give you much confidence when reading these kinds of threads... and for SURE it really doesn't help!

EDIT: Hope I never team up with ppl that complains and flames you when you something wrong. Screw EM! Help out instead!
    Last edited by Tnekmeister; Aug 2nd, 2002 at 10:47:47.

Originally posted by Tnekmeister
    Uhm, question!
    Why not help out that doc who is doing everything wrong instead of making fun of em, flaming em?! I know I've started a doc yesterday and I'm new to the doc strategy... Doesn't give you much confidence when reading these kinds of threads... and for SURE it really doesn't help!

EDIT: Hope I never team up with ppl that complains and flames you when you something wrong. Screw EM! Help out instead!
    Hehe, started a little Doc myself to learn the other side of the Enf/Doc symbiosis .

I condsider myself lucky since my regular guild Doc is the Enf now, I teach her the trade of an Enf, she teaches me the trade of a Doc.

Haven't been in a pickup team yet but will do so soon.
    When someone complains I'll politely ask what I may do to improve my contribution to the team.

If I just get yelled at I probably leave...

Maybe do a /moon or /flip ...

Forgot what the original intention of this post was...

Must be the Cloudeh in me ....

Kisses
    Steelbuns
    Quote Originally Posted by Primakoff
    You can never deal enough damage to OD even the most average role-player 220 soldier with the right gun, so taunts are your only hope.
    I want to tank The Beast with nothing but a chair and a Concrete Cushion FFS!

Emtdoc level 103 atm.

I never stop healing, even after a fight. found that if you throw a couple team heals out after a fight, you get less deaths due to lag dmg.

The Team should never have to touch treatment kits when teamed with a doc. EVER.

The doc should be picking up any high level nano rechargers he can find, at 103 i can use ql 150 rechargers. which recharge over 1/2 of my nano.

Recharge any chance you are not agro'd, I keep a stack of 1000 nano rechargers and use them any time i am not being attacked, and am less then 3/4 nano.

Watch for agents in the group. If they are using aimed shot's. don't team heal until after you see the mob's health move about 1/4th his bar.

If no agents in the group, chain heal your highest team heal. don't cast the one 30 levels lower because it costs less nano.

When your ass gets deprived. Shout it out so the group doesn't keep trying to kill Deep red mobs, with you gimped.

Unless your team is high enough (150+ team doing ql 190ish mission) that the mob drops in 5 secs, or else a doc must HEAL if they're in a team....
    Right now, the only reason I'd have a doc in our team is to save time... IF I have to heal myself everytime after each mob instead of having full hp and keep going, I'd rather get a MA...

Is when you add a Doc to the group and instead of asking the MP for a Bio met buff he asks the Agent or the MA for a Crit Buff

2.8k crits = mobs dead faster

BM buff = me healing for 40 points more

Stop expecting docs to be pillow hugging sissies who scream GET IT OFF ME!!!.

Perhaps you should learn to play your profession well before telling others how to play theirs.

About the 'HEAL!' thing, I might say 'Heal please' if I'm dropping below 1/4 fast and haven't been healed for a while. Though, I do have a problem with the people going HEAL HEAL HEAL the first time they get hit.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Yeah I'm talking about people who, as a matter of course, yell "HEAL! HEEEAAAAL!" or have a "HEAL ME!" macro that the spam the team with every single fight. Heal ya say, no kiddin? And here I thought I got recruited for my baking skills.

...all I'm saying is, see what a
    wonderful world it would be if only
    we would give it a chance.

-Louis Armstrong

Life is suffering.

-Buddha

The Past
    God: In comic format

Frankly, I think docs are worthless for team missions.

As long as I've got two secondary healers, or just one adv, I could care less about a doc. Mobs we kill are all soloable by all of us.

Now don't get me wrong. If a doc wants to team up, I'll team with them. Healing is good in any form. But after 40 odd levels where I've probably teamed with a doc maybe 6 times, I really can't say that they're worth it.

Main reason being that many pick up docs are dumb. Maybe they read that stupid doc guide that said never use team heals, only singles. Maybe after the 9008098th time of not being able to heal a team mate with a single heal because the los in AO is absolute crap they would learn something. Apparently not. Nice thing about advs and mas is that they generaly aren't that dense.

Docs are arrogant. Many docs who've raised through levels 1-100 surrounded by newbies who wrongly believe that a doc is a MUST, have developed....chips on their shoulder?

I've met..lemme count them....4 docs in this game through pick up missions who were normal people. The rest, who were a hell of a lot more then 4, were very concieted and use to having things done their way. The other day with one of my alts, I had some doc refuse to go to a mission because she didn't want to have to walk. It was about a 20 second walk. That's the attitude I find very prevalent amongst docs. If it exists in 100+ docs who've probably realized that they are in no means indispensable, I don't know. Like I said, I think I've teamed with maybe 6 docs since level 100, and 4 of them were the normal people.

Anyways, back to the original topic of this thread. My favorite is this doc I had in my team who got our team members killed constantly. His excuse: "When I switch to third person view, the walls block the camera for a few seconds, and I can't target you to heal you." (He was in his 90s.)

And as far as efficiency nano chargers blah blah goes, don't make me laugh. When mob is about dead, sit, recharge. You lose almost no attacks because of server/client synch lag, you lose no time and are off running with everyone else.
    Last edited by Zylina; Aug 4th, 2002 at 06:04:46.

Frankly, I think docs are worthless for team missions

I assume you're talking about pillow huggers who hide around the corner and hammer their IM AGGRO!!! GET IT OFF!!! GET IT OFF!! macro when a mob hits them.

Actually Zylina thats proly rp. About 4% of docs in rl are normal people too.The rest are arrogant browneyed cyclops.

Originally posted by Zylina
    Main reason being that many pick up docs are dumb. Maybe they read that stupid doc guide that said never use team heals, only singles. Maybe after the 9008098th time of not being able to heal a team mate with a single heal because the los in AO is absolute crap they would learn something. Apparently not. Nice thing about advs and mas is that they generaly aren't that dense.

Zylina, since one of the patches... teamheals also need LOS!!!

Yes... teamheal had been nerfed. U will not get healed if u're in the next room, etc.

The other disadvantage of using teamheal is that the doc can easily draw aggro and get himself killed.

(I've read that certain ways of casting teamheals, ie. target the right person... self ? ... will prevent that... but if I'm the doc, I wouldn't want to risk it).

As and ADV, I seldom use my teamheals are mine are crap (longer recharge than normal heals). Most of the time, it's targetting single heals.... except when the team is fighting mobs with reflect shields, etc.

As new to the Doc profession... it seems that you don't recommend team heals when healing a team, instead using single heals... Am I right?

I've found out that playing doc is fun, I wanted to try out this profession cause mostly I do play "tanker" professions. Havn't searched for a team yet since I've to get used to play this doc...

done like dinner

I find the "its so easy to play a doc" position quite intriguing. Especially the sentiment that team healing is straight forward. It's not, you draw aggro like crazy. Yes my nano init is as high as it can be with aggro bar moved left accordingly to still insta-cast my nanos.

Of course then there's the scenario of having to be different rooms to heal different members. Hello........ is it so hard to all fight in the same room ? Apparently, but that's ok cause we have a doc. If I yell long enough I'm sure he'll come find me.

For those with the opinions.... play a doc since certain patches... then come back to this thread and apologize to the docs that try hard, heal every one they can, and often die themselves as a result.

Too many feel they should be unstoppable with a doc on their team, draw adds with no calms or roots available, and wonder why the doc dies first in most instances, followed by others.

From this docs perspective, team members hurt teams, not the docs. Unfortunately we seem to pay the price in many instances for others questionable play.

Lets look at something. Six on a team, usually with one doc. Do you really think the fatal mistake that caused a teams temporary or sometimes permanent demise rests with 1 in 6 odds ?

Didn't know the doc died ? Why wan't YOUR team window open ?

Sheesh.

Re: All time reason to leave a group

Originally posted by FixedU
    Is when you add a Doc to the group and instead of asking the MP for a Bio met buff he asks the Agent or the MA for a Crit Buff....This is usually a bad sign
    Having Bio Mastery, or even mochams will let me heal for about 50 more a heal, at the cost of 100+ NCU? No way... Anyways, I now use Greater Bloom of Health, for the non-docly, that is a heal with a min heal of nearly 900, even the highest doc heal has a min heal in the 650 range. The max is a bit lower, but I prefer Greater Bloom over any other heal.

Damaging does not interfere with healing at all. When healing is needed, I assist the tank, hit Q, then never look at combat again, I stare at the HP bars and chat bar and chain heal if needed.

Do you like it when you have a MP/eng in your group that does not attack at all, using the justification that their pet is doing the damage for them, but in reality their pet is lost every other fight? Well that is what being a heal-only doc feels like, you are leeching from the team.

Except for the boss room no highish level team needs a doc, so if your doc does no damage, what is the point? Bring another MA in the group instead.

Squick
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf

Originally posted by Zylina
    You don't heal do you?

If you can not cast a direct heal on someone, the team heal will NOT affect them. So if you are standing on a ramp in the boss room and everyone else is standing on the flat portion the doc has to run down onto the ramp right next to you, direct heal you, then run back up and team heal if needed, then run back down because team heals work by LOS too, if the doc is on the ramp, the people on the ledge do not get the team heal.

Squick
    DrSquick - 134 Doc
    BloodSquick - 104 agent
    BrainSquick - 59 Crat
    Others: 42 NT, 27 MA, 14 Eng, 30 Enf

another bump

Originally posted by Jynne
    Being a doc could be easy if...

Maybe if people treated doctors better in their pickup groups, better doctors would be more willing to team with pickups. As it is, most of the best doctors tend to stick with their guildmates and their friends, who don't have their heads shoved so far up their posteriors that they need to use their navels as peep-holes.
    2nd bump to that. it takes a special person to continue a doc in a mediocre or bad team because every death is YOUR FAULT BECAUSE YOU SUCK.

the team will make you sure it is and could they be wrong ?

another thing :
    frankly to me team heals are a tactic only if you go into a boss room or have a bad crowd controlling situation. while they may be certainly viable at low level or later levels in the interim the single targets pack more punch. if a doc only uses team heals it is entirely possible you get hit for more then you get healed.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast