Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signs that your Doc is an idiot!

Signs that your Doc is an idiot!

I was in a team a few days ago and our Doc acted somewhat braindead. Slow heals. Heals at wrong time. Forgot to heal while attacking, etc.

The Doc was most likely new, because of the types of questions that were asked. But, sometimes the doc had amazing insight into that game which made him come across as an experienced player. The team was baffled. A paradox...

That is, until we got items from completing the mission... When everyone was showing the item they received, the Doc also showed his TOKEN!

LMAO.

Any other good stories?
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Thumbs down heh

Yeah, that group left alot to be desired...

Signs that your patient is an idiot!

Anyone who yells "HEAL!". Idiot.

Anyone who insists that you use your nano to heal less than one quarter the health their own treatment labs heal after a fight. Moron.

People who are unable to master the ins and outs of simple subtraction and force you to cast your team hp buff FOUR FREAKING TIMES! IDIOT!

People who split off from the group, being that they apparently cannot discern the difference between left and right, run into a room of three deep reds and then scream DOC! WHERE R U!

People who repeatedly ask for Enlarge/IC DURING A FIGHT.

People who rationalize ANY IMPOSSIBLE odds stacked against the team with the phrase "It's okay. We have a doc."

...all I'm saying is, see what a
    wonderful world it would be if only
    we would give it a chance.

-Louis Armstrong

Life is suffering.

-Buddha

The Past
    God: In comic format

the Doc also showed his TOKEN!

Hermff................

I sometimes do that............

Makes me a n00b

People who rationalize ANY IMPOSSIBLE odds stacked against the team with the phrase "It's okay. We have a doc."

Huuh, Doc not Gods?
    Nargothronds
    Level 125 Enforcer
    Advisor Of Deus Ex Machina
    Rubi-Ka 2

To lvl 100+ Docs...

1. Please use team heal, especially when you're doing 100% hard BS missions...
    2. Please recharge nano when you're down to HALF of your nano, instead of use up everything, gets aggroed, and can't cast heal at all.
    3. Please just HEAL!

hmm The game is full of docs who can't heal, but let them try.

in the end they will be decent

that happens after they get a good guild and guild mates start to ask questions about the doc and so on, and then they will adjust.

its not fun to get yelled at by strangers in a team you never have seen before.

even though I'm guilty of yelling

There are good docs and bad docs, the first one I like, the second is a acceptable reason for leaving a group...

And being an MA sometime allows you to taunt those docs that are truly terrible...
    I'm gonna show you all my favourite "lousy doc" taunt

(Tank) - phew... Nice save, Evo
    (Evoldo (me) - Don't thank me, I'm just doing HIS job *eyeballs the doc*...

It's a little rude, but that's why I only use it when grouped with (as mentioned) truly horrible doctors
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

Lightbulb life as a doc

life as a doc is very easy, ok it costs lots of credits but you can always get a team, never takes me more than 5 min to get a team. And for the first 100 lvls all you have to do is push 2 buttons: single and teamheal button.

After lvl 100 teams dont need to get healed all the time and you can put on a shottie or another gun, just fit the gun after your taste.

Im at lvl 120 now and only need to heal 1 or 2 each fight so im more a combat person than a doc now.

So i cant understand those doc that you talking about in this thread.

Just keep team window up and press f1-f6 once a while to check that hp bars isnt bugged and you will be just fine.

take care
    /comfortyou

Signs your Doc is an idiot.....

....because he wears a Battlesuit?
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Being a doc could be easy if...

... nobody ran so far ahead of you that they go off the map.

... the tank didn't lead you in an entirely different direction than the runner went and then engage a mob while you try to tell him someone's missing.

... someone else didn't stand too near the next door and pull a second mob in.

... the first guy who ran off came running back screaming "Heal heal," 3/4 dead with an angry veteran enforcer chasing him.

... someone in your calmer-less team didn't spring a rollerrat trap while you were already fighting the first three mobs.

... your healing enough to keep everyone alive resulted in all the mobs becoming single-mindedly focused on shortening your life expectancy.

... the team yells at you for not healing after you died, but none of them knew because you were the only person with your team window open.

... the team then proceeds to tell you that you suck, because after all you only had an enforcer, a rollerrat and an agent - that other people aggroed - beating on you because you saved them, and you died.

Maybe if people treated doctors better in their pickup groups, better doctors would be more willing to team with pickups. As it is, most of the best doctors tend to stick with their guildmates and their friends, who don't have their heads shoved so far up their posteriors that they need to use their navels as peep-holes.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I show my token too, I've always done it and about 50% of the people I team with seem to do it too..

It's just a quirky little thing some people do
    If you can't beat them, Hit them in the face with a wrench

Rubirango

All time reason to leave a group

Is when you add a Doc to the group and instead of asking the MP for a Bio met buff he asks the Agent or the MA for a Crit Buff....This is usually a bad sign

Originally posted by Fluffor &quot;Tanyr&quot; Neblett
    I show my token too, I've always done it and about 50% of the people I team with seem to do it too..

It's just a quirky little thing some people do
    Or maybe, a remembrance of the old days when tokens were mission rewards as well...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Re: All time reason to leave a group

Originally posted by FixedU
    Is when you add a Doc to the group and instead of asking the MP for a Bio met buff he asks the Agent or the MA for a Crit Buff....This is usually a bad sign
    Errr.. why? I hunt all the time with a doc that always gets a crit buff if available, and still has a 100% survival rating for the whole party. When a doc asks for a crit buff... it seems to me, that its a player who is capable of doing more than one thing at a time.

As a doc.. I can heal and fight at the same time.. If its a particularly tough mission I will forgo the fighting and explain to group why Im not. Never had a complaint.

Being a doc is a multi tasked job.. like it or not, its the Docs job to keep the team alive.

So far I've been lucky, the people I grp with notice when Ive cought aggro and immediatly pull the mob off me.

I never let my nanos get much lower than half with out sitting and using kit. Got yelled at once in a team for sitting and using nano. A few mobs later when I didnt replenish nano ( I didnt have aggro) and he couldnt get a heal out of me (out of nano and had aggro), he said he was sorry.

Anyways.. Doc's jobs are not easy.. but not hard either.. If you cant cut it.. then reroll

heh

I teamed with a doc once who had a lower ql version of the CHS equipped... He routinely complained about his damage and healed as well as the average adventurer...

The bad docs make us appreciate the good docs even more.
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

When you get whopping 2 heals during whole fight and mob hits you 4-5 times between the heals.

When you have to use your TMS every second mob because of above.

When you ask Doc what is his AGG setting (as you already quessed it being the reason most likely) and he says its mid or full def instead of agg and he obviously dont have enough nano init to make it fast at that setting.

When you say "dont take this wrong way but perhaps raising of AGG setting might be in order" and he says, fine, find someone else to heal.

When the doc leaves you actually find out that the adv in group heals better now that he is only doc and concentrating on the job.

///

Above is the true testimony from one of my njoob (lvl 100ish) alt.

I could also add:

When doc wears tank armor

When doc dont have weapon at lvl 120+

When he dont heal you between fights since it "cost" so much and you can use your own treatment packs

When doc only heals you when you are down in 1/4 and start to wonder if he is going to heal at all and start moving.

Zarch and da chars

PS.

If you recognize yourself from above, do community a favor and quit your doc and play something else...

Question

Originally posted by Zarch
    When he dont heal you between fights since it "cost" so much and you can use your own treatment packs
    Hmmm. My crat and fixer never have a problem being a little self-sufficient and healing themselves between fights. Frees the doc up to recharge themselves or whatever. What's the beef here?

Martek

Some docs use MA skill, even post 120 (it's cheap and if they team with an MA frequently, it's pretty effective PvM).

Also, ql200 Albrecht Tank armor on a doc isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Condaan
    147 Clan MA
    TGL

PS. Why anyone would expect the doc to heal them when they are 1 treatment pack from full escapes me. I'd rather the doc have that 1 extra heal worth of nano, just in case a ****storm erupts (not that it does anymore, but it's the principle of the thing).

Originally posted by Zarch

When doc wears tank armor
    I'm going to have to correct you here. The doc could be wearing Combat Medic's Light Tank Armor

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast