Thread: Since Ragner is in a posting mood...

Since Ragner is in a posting mood...

Ragner, the players are getting anxious/bored/upset with the lack of content in the game atm.

So, could you give us some teasers as to a story starting up again? It looks like it but I think it would be a HUGE boost to player morale to get us thinking and waiting for some events/story starting.

I am entranced with this game, I love my character and would love to partake in these events regardless of the flaws that still plaque this game.

Right now there is nothing for me to do other than level my agent to 200. I really would like to log on and interact with story GMs and carry out assassinations/spying/infiltration that is all part of the story or related.

I guess all I am asking is for a bit of a teaser as to what you got cooking.

Thank you for your time and I hope you respond to this since you are in a posting mood.

Take care.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

*stops cold*

*strains to keep from opening up the flame cannon*

*must...contain....bitter....assault*

*pop* GO READ THE NEWS!!!

*straining...don't...flame....!*
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

Yeah ok, I just read the new NEWS.

Thanks Tarry.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Re: Since Ragner is in a posting mood...

Originally posted by Cyblade7
    Ragner, the players are getting anxious/bored/upset with the lack of content in the game atm.

So, could you give us some teasers as to a story starting up again? It looks like it but I think it would be a HUGE boost to player morale to get us thinking and waiting for some events/story starting.
    Hmm. This is a difficult post to answer. But I'll try.

I definitely empathise with your point of view, and I'd love to post teasers and boost everyone's morale. But on the other hand, I don't want to make promises that we can't keep. We've been down that road before. It's a rocky road. Leads nowhere. Except to this haunted gas-station, where this guy I once knew... But I digress

Right now, as far as story is concerned, and for the next couple of weeks, we're focusing on clarifying the current situation on Rubi-Ka: Radiman and Ross's whereabouts, department and clan descriptions, reactions to player actions (like the call for Radiman's resignation) - that kind of stuff. Nothing huge. But more than what we've done in the last few months. 'Something' is somewhat better than 'nada'.

As for the future? It's a wide open place. We're just going to work on this for a while, see where it takes us. We have long-term goals - the expansion pack is one of 'em - but in the short term, storywise, we're really going to have to take it one step at a time. Hopefully, it'll lead us somewhere interesting.

Also, hopefully, fingers crossed, we'll be able to continue having this kind of open dialogue with the role-players out there. I know from experience that being kept in the dark all the time means that...you get really, really tired of the dark. Kinda like wearing sunglasses at night. Except not as cool.

-Ragnar

what?

Kinda like wearing sunglasses at night. Except not as cool.

What? Damn! You mean I look stupid?

*looks in the mirror but cant see anything due to wearing sunglasses*

Hmm. is the light on or?

*fumbles for light switch, trips. hit's his head. get's visions of a strange portal in a large room activating, passes out again*
    "AO is like the ugly duckling, slowly turning into a swan as time goes by."
    Lance Orbin aka Gridfan of GridStream Productions

Cool

Thanks Ragner, thats all I was asking for.

Sounds good and that is enough to keep my interest going. I just got done reading all 10 chapters (online version) at work...yeah yeah bad employee LOL, and I loved it.

Again, sounds good. Thanks for replying.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Re: what?

Originally posted by Tanghil

What? Damn! You mean I look stupid?

*looks in the mirror but cant see anything due to wearing sunglasses*

Hmm. is the light on or?

*fumbles for light switch, trips. hit's his head. get's visions of a strange portal in a large room activating, passes out again*
    Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with wearing sunglasses at night, ask any fixer. Personaly its hard to spot me without my sunglasses on (yes, I do missions in them, cant stand the look of the helmets )

Style over substance people (fixer moto)

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Re: Re: what?

Originally posted by lilnymph

[snip]

Style over substance people (fixer moto)

hugs

lilnymph

Also a motto for CyberPunk: 2020. Which is the fixers wet dream.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!