Thread: Car size, unequip size bug...

Thumbs down Car size, unequip size bug...

Hello there Funcom!

Now, I know you've heard this before, but really, the current size of an equipped Kodaik or Yalmaha is ridiculous! I remember the old days when they were normal sized, like a real car. And now? I don't enjoy driving a shoe-sized toycar at all. If the size reduction was a 'solution' to the people crowding the mission booth and therefore preventing other players from clicking on it, then I have a better proposal.
    Simply size the vehicles back to original, and make them 'float' 5-6 feet above ground ( fixed height ). This way we get back the original cool looking cars instead of the current toy ones and we can't block other people from accessing mission terminals. Just junk the 20% size reduction from the database for vehicles and set a minimum height for the Kodaiks and Yalmahas. It sounds simple, and I have faith in your abilities to implement it.

Regards,

Gaijin

uhh to point of the yalm is to FLY, i dont want to be stuck at a float hieght... yuk! the whole point would be gone

If they reduce the unequip time, maybe people could learn to step out of the vehicles? Anyway, I'd rather see 100% scale on those things, than the current 20%... I did not spend millions to fly around in toyplane...

although, the clowncars are still amusing
    Rebekah Poachie Vein - Lvl 200 Omni-Tek Bureaucrat - Equipment
    April Poachinator Joor - Lvl 150 Omni-Tek Enforcer - Equipment

Ligherside,

Did you READ what I proposed? The concept of minimal flying height. It does not mean that your Yalmaha will be stuck at 6 feet, it means that you can't fly BELOW 6 feet with your Yalm. That was my point.
    I still think that having a minimal altitude of 6 feet and making the cars 100% size again would be in everyone's interest. Right now, cars look like a joke...

ah yes, now it sounds like a good idea hehe

Your correct, this Toysize is very .... wrong... (to be nice)

Turn it back, to original size and simply ban the "****ing guys" abusing it's size.

How does the unequip bug work really? I'm kinda stupid and all, thats why I'm still confused when I see those super small people, even smaller if they are agents using ruse of taren. I wanna be small too!

nice but this works only with a yalm. I don't want to see a ground vehicle floating in the air

New idea lets move missionterms into a inside zone. Make a new house like a shop with has a special look (like the whompa special look but not the same something unique and good looking - what about flags on the house - so this houses will look like HQs hehe) that everyone knows that this house is a "mission house". This would solve the problem, cause you cannot use a vehicle inside a house and outside we have our huge vehicles back.

Whops!

You know what? That's an excellent idea, moving the mission terminals into a building, just like a shop - you're 'shopping' after all... And it fixes the big cars crowding the terminal grievance too. Good work there! I wish Funcom would listen to us, tho...

Anything that makes you zone even more is a... not so good idea. Look at the whompa system, now I can get to Hope in Mort from Rome without using the grid if I'm prepared to zone about a gazillion times. Zoning still gobbles up resources and the memory leaks are worse than ever for me, by the time I'm in Mort it's time for a relog. That is why I still grid into the Sentinels despite the Clan guards, it is faster and it is easier on my comps resources.
    So please, do not make us zone even more until the memory leaks are taken care of.

Yes, I have 512 megs of RAM.
    Dominata
    Member of THM

I think the best option would be to give us the normal 100% scale back, and if someone doesn't like it, give them an option or a command to scale the cars down to 20% on there client side. I personally would leave mine set to 100%.

well the whole size thing doesn't reallly bother me.

yalmahas.... yes they allow us to fly, but there is too much traffic in the cities. and also people say yalmahas make it easier to travel around, yes it does. but why are there so many good zones so unpopulated. a guildmate of mine was telling me how he found a lot of cool hunting spots for 100+ players. anyway point is, people should go out and explore more if they have yalms, instead of sticking close to the cities or gridpoints.

if people go out and explore more, i'm sure the lag in BS will be greatly reduced
    Rageingstorm
    Solitus MP
    Advisor of Eclipse formerly known as The Patriots
    RK-1

I miss the good old days with zero equip time on yalms. I don't miss falling to the ground if I change my target, falling to the ground when you zone, falling to the ground if you open a bag, falling to the ground for no reason at all. Ahh the death traps. I never did actually die in mine, nice thing about having a ton of hitpoints.
    Borxet