Thread: Calling upon the whole clan community.

Lightbulb Calling upon the whole clan community.

So ive been around for a while now, around OA, as many who hang out there or anywhere NEAR Clan OOC chat would have seen. I give away free stuff and run competitions willy nilly. Its fun, its how i play the game, and im fairly sure everyone has a blast.

Im also lesser known for giving people guided tours of the Ely Enel Garden Key quest, but thats only when i can be patient enough to do it...

Anyway, i do a lot of little stuff for lowbies, give em carb armour, full implant sets etc etc. But what i REALLY wanna do is...well...more. I wanna be able to help more people out, have the tradeskills to put stuff together for people, have a char high enough to actually lead Scheol key quest tours, and not have to Lvl my utterly gimped MA to do it...

So then, i ask the community to give me a hand, so that i may put myself in a better position to help others.

Heres a list of what i wanna do, if you think you can help with any of them, reply here, or send me a PM, or message me in-game, whatever.

1. Un-gimp the MA

My MA is eternally gimped. Or maybe i just SUCK at MA, whatever. The fact is, my main, Jekel, is a 105 MA. Its the char i nowadays use to do all my competitions, and its the name known to most people around OA. Basically i need to Un-gimp him, so that i can lvl him up, and, i dunno, do stuff. Maybe i could lvl him up and use him to do Scheol guided tours. It had occured to me to get my MA to 140, and then reset all his skills and do tradeskills, but i was advised against that as its a retarded idea apparantly =)

So what i need for idea number one is someone who KNOWS ma's and how to use em, to follow me about, watch me fight, see what nanos i use, see what armour i have, evades, resists etc etc, and FIX him. I need my MA fixed to make him feel like a viable character to play again. Obviously a fair bit of work required =) You can PM me or /tell me in game if you wanna help, but read the other ideas first =)

2. Uber-Twink the Adv

So im raising up an Adventurer, hes around Lvl 78 last i checked (prolly closer to 75, i cant remember). Conveiently named Jekall, i started him up AGES ago, but recently re-started the alt because the idea of sorting out my MA scared me. Now, despite being stupidly rich and generous, im as much of a noob at this game as i ever was. I dont know how to twink, powergame, the laws of over-equipping are totally foreign to me.

For this idea, i need someone who knows how to twink an Adv, and help me do it. A slightly easier task, seeing as the Adv isnt TOO broken to begin with (in my opinion) I need someone who can either show me how best to spend my cash to twink my Adv, or even just someone to help powerlvl him off Hecks or Ely stuff, i dunno. Anyone who thinks this is a good idea and wants to help, again just PM me or send Jekel a /tell (send to Jekel, not Jekall, as im not always on the Adv)

Id love to get the Adv to a point where i can help people out, cast high-level Sl maps on them, and give guided tours of Scheol and above garden key quests.

3. Starting a Twinked Engi

After it was explained to me what a monumentally stupid idea it would be to reset my MA to tradeskill with him, people suggested i just made an Engi, twinked him, levelled him up, and used that for tradeskills. Now this is a good idea in general, although im not overly sure if Engi is best for tradeskills or not, thats beside the point.

What i need here is someone who knows tradeskills. Someone who knows if Engi is the best way to go for tradeskills (or if it isnt, someone who knows the prof which IS) I need someone to help me PLAN a character, what to get when, when to twink what, etc etc. I suck at this, so explanations would be required along with detailed planning =) Something ive NEVER done with a character.

4. Details about stuff.

Now the top three are quite large jobs, for someone honestly looking to help someone who likes to help others himself. On the other hand, for those of you merely interested, wishing to chip in, i have a few simple questions, which i think will have different answers depending on your opinion.

What SORT of tradeskills do you think are most important? If i was to stand on OA hill and announce i was doing ANY tradeskilling for free to anyone who asked, what would be the largest request? Armour? Imps? What?

Also, what sort of OTHER stuff would you like to see me do? Currently my activities are limited too:

- Competitions
    - Free money for lowbies (Normally under lvl 25)
    - Carb armour for lowbies (My MA can make up to QL 25 - Dont ask)
    - Various random things, mass crawl trains to reets, swimming excurtions to where-the-hell-ever. Amusing stuff that people dont usually think to do.

What OTHER stuff do you think would be a laugh? Seriously, any ideas of what you think would be cool to help other people, or just good for a laugh. Ever thought "wouldnt it be cool if someone did..."? Well then, that sorta stuff.

And thats pretty much it. Alot of different request, some of them demanding, some not. I like to think ive helped the community out a bit, at the very least brought enjoyment to some peoples games, and greeted a good number of new players to the game with a handshake and 50k.

I now ask of that same community to give me a helping hand in improving my position to help others. Anyone who wants to help, reply here, with advice or whatnot, on any of your thoughts about any of the points. If someone feels like undertaking any of the first three tasks, brilliant, drop me a line sometime.

And if you wanna bump it to keep it up here, thatd be cool too...

(post deleted silly me )

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

About your MA concerns, check out Engelens Martial Artist guide over at the MA forums. If you want some in debth help you can send me a PM (yes, not tell, but PM ) and I'll contact you in game.
    Redliner
    1/0 Solitus Martial Artist, Atlantean.
    Dead, buried, never to return.