Thread: Mr. Razzleton: The Return

Mr. Razzleton: The Return

Mr. Razzleton: The Return
    (**or** Why Fixers should stick to fixing)

PART 1
    ---------

"Eureka!"

Minage and Senobyte didn't bother looking up. Drehgo had been yelling out explicatives for about an hour and a half, and by this point no one really cared. "This time I've done it, this time…he lives!" "He," of course, referring to a wobbly mechdog standing on Drehgo's workstation, head upside-down, and random sparks issuing from the ears, and from a gaping hole in its back. "Isn't he just awesome? He's twice as complex as Mr. Razzleton 1.0."

Chester "Minage" Fieldkin looked up from his work and glanced at the pathetic thing on the table. "Uhh…that's nice, Dre."

"Darn tootin' it is, Min. Man this sucker is gonna revolutionize mechdogs. I have to say, I've incorporated some pretty ingenious ideas into this guy," beamed Drehgo, affectionately petting the dog's chin.

"Err…I'm sure you have, Dre. It looks…uhh…really impressive, there. Quite an innovation, truly. Is the uhh…is the head supposed to be upside-down like that?"

Drehgo stopped petting the chin and looked at the head. "Oh…umm…oops. Well, a minor problem. I mean, watch what he can do!" Drehgo whistled, and the poor creature's head bent upwards at attention. "Ok Mr. Razzleton…fetch boy!" He threw a wrench across the room. It landed against the far wall of the lab with a loud clanging noise. Chester winced. "Fetch!"

The dog hobbled across the table, ungracefully fell to the floor, took a few seconds to stand up, and then hobbled across the room to the wrench. As its head was on backwards, it couldn't lean over to pick up the wrench. Mr. Razzleton twitched in frustration and stared at the wrench intently for a few more seconds, then started to whine. As it did so, its eyes began to glow red, and suddenly the wrench began to vibrate. A few seconds later, the wrench promptly dissolved into nothing.

"umm…" began Senobyte.

"Err…right, well…uhh…I'm not sure what he just did, but…wasn't it amazing!?!" Drehgo practically shouted in excitement.

James "Senobyte" Gibson, coffee in hand, decided it was time for lunch, and made a quick exit with a mumbled "have to run, Dre, neet dog."

"What happened to the wrench, exactly, Dre? I mean…was that some kind of invisible laser or something?"

"Well, Min, I don't remember giving him any lasers…hmm…that whining…I think he initiated some kind of nanoprogram. Neet eh?"

"Yes very…uhh…what does it do?"

"No clue. I've taken the liberty o' giving him some of my grid-encoding programs…so it's possible that wrench is in the grid somewhere…oh...sorry, there, Min. I'll get ya a better one come next paycheck, promise!"

Chester sighed. That had been one of his better wrenches. Mr. Razzleton barked happily, wagging its incomplete piece of tail.

Meanwhile, lost somewhere in the vastity of the grid, a simple wrench has a brief, sudden flash of conscioousness.

"I... I tinker, therfore I am."
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    Meanwhile, lost somewhere in the vastity of the grid, a simple wrench has a brief, sudden flash of conscioousness.

"I... I tinker, therfore I am."
    (( LMAO!! ))