Thread: [OOC] I think it's time..

[OOC] I think it's time..

[This post is entirely OOC]

I know what you're probably thinking and you're probably correct. Yes, I am leaving Anarchy Online. This wouldn't be the first time but this wouldn't be the first time that I am 100% that I will not come back. Now, before you decide to say, "Why is this in the RP forums?" Well, to answer that, I will say, because you're all family to me. I do not fit in with the other crowds of AO Players, I am 100% a Role-Player and despite any differences, I consider you all close friends to me.

Why am I quitting AO? Well, the game itself has just derailed for me, not the game as a whole but for myself. I don't find any pleasure at all in what I am doing. Shadowlands Missions? No thank you. I tried them and they're just plain boring. I'm sure there is other alternatives but I just don't want to deal with them. I am approaching my 5th year of Anarchy Online and I've loved every single moment of it. Despite my mood at the time, wethere sad, mad, angry, happy, depressed, etc. I love AO and I consider it my home away from home, so to speak.

Why quit because of the game, why not just RP? Well.. I could very well but RP comes out slow. It's not rapid and exciting, I do not get the rush I used to get while I RP'd back in the day. I love the AO storyline, I loved Prophet Without Honour and reading all about Anarchy Online. It came alive for me but with certain events and such, I don't feel immersed in Anarchy Online anymore. I've grown distant and distant from Stefano each day.

I want to use this part for "Thank you's": [In order of meeting]

1) Society of Salvation - Yes, odd, no? Well, despite tension between us, you guys were THE first to show my Role-Playing and what it was. I am eternally grateful for what you've done and I am deeply sorry for what ensued so long ago. I was immature at the time and I want to apologize and thank you for showing me RP. I wouldn't be where I am today without it.

2) GridStream Productions - Another odd one, heh. You guys were the ones to inspire a career in me to go into Radio Broadcasting. When I first heard Tarryk I played the annoying fanboy and sent him emails asking all about Radio Broadcasting, etc. I want to thank you for inspiring me to get into this career.

3) Omni-Pol - Yes, some of THE best Omni-Tek RP'ers in the whole corporation. I've RP'ed with you guys ever since Stefano was first born and I loved every single day of it. I owe you one eternal thankyou. Especially to Jadeshimmer, Meister and Eternalforce. You three were the main ones who RP'd with Stefano and I couldn't have picked any better individuals.

4) The Wraiths - Yes! The elusive Wraiths, what was the quote? "The Wraiths will never die, we will return when someone least expects it." Something to that effect. Well, we really never did return but I loved every single moment of our RP. It was the greatest ever and you guys really made Stefano to his highest peak of perfection.

5) Malachii and Lunya - My mentors, my RP teachers. You guys showed me all the Do's and Dont's of RP'ing. I know you probably won't see this but I really looked up to you guys. You molded me into the RP'er I am today and I couldn't have had any better teachers. Thank you my good friends, wherever you may be.

6) First Light - My first Clan Organization. Remember that day, friends? You were my true first family. I will never forget all our fun times wether it was RP'ing or messing around with Lawne or blaming Caid for everything. Stay the best, guys. You're a truely great organization.

7) The Black Company - Ahh, what would this list be without you guys? You were THE best organization I was EVER in. Small, tight-knit, family-like. You inspired me to do everything I did. Everyday I would log in, not for the RP or the game but to see that Green Text that says [The Black Company] I truely love you all, TBC, my family.

8) Kittenfu - Stefano's wife. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, I know you don't play AO anymore either but I was truely a proud man when I saw Stefano get married and I wouldn't want it any other way. You and Astera were the ones who 'kept me going. Always praising my every move and making me proud to even be associated with you. You and Astera alone are my true greatest friends. You are like family to me, truely. Thank you, Alex. Thank you so much.

9) Astera - The best for last, my true friend. (Ugh, now I am getting emotional as I type this) You were the one who 'kept me going. I would've quit AO long ago if it weren't for you. Everything you did inspired me to keep going, to keep fighting the good fight in the world of Rubi-Ka. I really and truely am proud of you, Astera, my Captain. You have gotten so far into this war and I am deeply proud of you, from the bottom of my heart. You are one of the greatest friends I could ever have. Please, keep going, keep fighting the Clan's cause. I will be cheering you on no matter what.

10) Every RP'er - Whomever you may be, you're a friend to me. Even if you were an enemy, you're a friend of Kenny, the player of Stefano. The whole RP community is like family to me. Everyone, please keep RP'ing, the world of Rubi-Ka wouldn't be the same without RP. You've all shown me so much and I am proud to have been a part of it all. Thank you.

If you ever want to stay in touch, this is my info:
    E-Mail - GlennKyren@Hotmail.com
    AIM - MalKenny
    XFire - Malastus
    MSN - GlennKyren@Hotmail.com

This is really my first and true MMORPG, you've shown me so much Rubi-Ka, and I thank you. Farewell my friends, please, do not forget Glenn "Stefano" Kyren.

- Love, the player of Stefano. (Kenny)
    Last edited by Agent Stefano; Oct 13th, 2005 at 19:52:21.
    "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

Romulus "Arnthem" McChristian - Trigger Happy Soldier for the Company.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums
    Roleplaying Profile of Glenn "Stefano" Kyren

((ooc))

Holy hell man. You probably don't remember Angellis but I believe we met at least once (through Kittenfu whom I havn't seen in so long) but yah I came back not too long ago. So you're leaving, good luck with life and all that. I understand what you mean about the RP crawl. I'm trying to get Angellis through an RP story myself but because my RPers have been playing alternative times it seems it's a very tough thing for me to do. Well, I wish you the best man. If you see that Kittenfu around tell her Angellis has been wondering where the heck she's ran off to.

Ciao.

[/OOC]

Hello, Angellis. We've met once or twice but I've seen you around alot. Yes, Kittenfu ran off to Star Wars Galaxies with the words of returning to AO. But thank you for the luck. I will need all I can get.

Glenn "Stefano" Kyren - Lieutenant of The Black Company, Grandmaster Assassin for the Clans and proud supporter of Silverstone and the Sentinels.

''The Wraiths never die, merely fade away. Only to appear when someone least expects it.'' - Shrine of the Wraith

The Black Company Forums

[/OOC]

I know you don't know me or my characters, but man I just wish you the best in all your future endevours. I have met with Astera, and in those brief few hours of talking to her ingame RP, she has inspired me to do much more. From what i read you took this seriously and passionately, and will be a great loss to the community. Since I am new, i'm saddened i never got to know your chars, but maybe one day Xunashi will hear of a great man named Stephano.

Best of luck in RL!!!

- Xunashi
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

OOC
    I too want to say you will be missed..Got to love someone who can play a bad guy so well and stay loved by the ranks..* snickers at the bad guy comment, then salutes a hard core Rper* May the wind blow you to a place you can use all you have learned but ,still have that look of wonder when something good happens.
    Amanda"Luvii"Sahadumn
    Doctor of Omni-Tek

((ooc))
    I know *exactly* what your going through... Damnit. take care man. g'luck, and best wishes.

Lt. Stefano,

You know how I am with public things.. but this once, i'll let that go. (( :P )) I read that with much interest and feel that you are doing the one lesson I hoped to teach everyone. Do what you have to do to be happy. Find your peace with things. Know that in your heart, what you're doing is the way and no one will ever be able to touch you.

You are still a wonderful friend and someone whom I will always implicitly trust. You helped bring the Company where we are today ((so you can blame him too)). I envy you, because you'll see worlds unimagined. I'll die on this rock. Wherever you go, though, I want you to push ahead and continue pushing until you feel that you've had an effect... then... push some more. Sit back, learn, watch, then make the move.

I'll never forget our times in the icy hell of Penumbra, the Companys meetings where we shaped the face of our Rubi Ka, and fighting and dying beside each other, neither of us running away because we cared too much to save ourselves. We fight together, we die together. We've had a lot of fun, and I know I can speak for everyone in the Company when I say that we're lesser for losing you.

I'll miss you.

-Captain

"Those that form it come and go, but the Company is forever."

((ooc)) I know i'm not around much on msn or anything but email me. I'm really going to miss rp'ing with you, Stef. <3

-player of Astera
    Last edited by Astera; Oct 14th, 2005 at 02:13:29.

I remember the night Stefano assassinated Rikki while she was dancing at a GSP party in Reets Retreat. I was shocked and along with Omni-Pol, we tried to hold Stefano for questioning. It was fun and it was great RP, the best I had till then. This game is so much more better with great players like you Stefano. You will truly be missed.
    Taursius "Devven" Sahadumn
    President
    Peoples Republic of Redemption
    Omni-Reform

http://blood-dance.net/~daewen/
    http://republic.planetnorman.net/

[/OOC]

So many kind words.. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I figured this thread would eventually die at the bottom of The Buzz. You all are true friends and RP'ers. Thank you.

[/RP]
    My dearest Captain, I will miss you most of all, but I will spread the tales of a great woman and her fight for something great on the distant planet of Rubi-Ka. People will learn to know The Black Company in other worlds. *smiles but somewhat frowns* But it won't be the same. But I will never forget you or the Company.

The Black Company Forums

[OOC] I wanted to say I saw you only a few times in IC action, but the last few times were such a blast. I was dying of laughter when Baby Stefleet got mothered by Tussleet, who was shouting things like "BEBBEH!". :P First times I've EVER seen a tough no-nonsense agent go "O.o".

And I'll hardly forget all the sarcastic comments made during a CoT session either. I was such a newb when I first had the chance to RP with you. Best of luck, man!

[IC]

Well. Damn.

Right, well.

Crap.

You take care, Kyren. 's the best I can say and the best I can offer. I know we never really talked, but I've always respected how you handled yourself.

Guess I'll have only Kotts to talk about petting zoos with, now. *chuckles*

Be safe, mate.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

[ Boo! We missed a perfectly good permakilling opportunity!

Too bad Jade is not much around these days, but I think I speak for her if I say she had a lot of respect for you, and she enjoyed RPing with you a lot. I saw her being very involved in the latest story with you, and it was fascinating to watch.

As for me, ditto. You were already a scary person when I was still a young Private.]
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Leftenant Stefano.

I am really sorry to see you leave us. it's been a wonderful experience being a part of The Black Company with you. Yourself and the Captain have been my 2 biggest inspirations to learn many things about the basics of rp, how to be a better leader for the company and most importantly how to be a better person. Yourself, The Captain and myself sitting around hq plotting, planning and passing advice are some of my most cherished moments in the war.

Best of luck with the path that you choose stef, myself and the company will miss you.

(ooc)

Good luck mate, it's been a pleasure to have had the privlege of playing alongside you, and i wish u all the best.

Leftenant Steelyglint

General of The Black Company

"Omni-teks motto is Omni-tek protects, it really should be Consume, be silent, die."

*OOC*

Stef, I'm not sure if we got any opportunities to interact ingame, but I do know that I have trolled these RP forums for a long time and it has been your posts not only here but in the various news forums ie FJRK, IRRK etc that I have always found to be entertaining and enlightening. Thank you very much for at least letting us know before disappearing into the darkness that is IRL =P

As you can see, you will be missed and maybe you can find a way to keep up your own trolling here. =D

*/ooc*
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

((ooc))

I wish you the best of luck wherever you're happy Steffypoo (bwahha). You know where to find us if you ever get the urge to wander back and visit.

Please keep in touch via boards/msn/whatever.

((ooc))
    Kristin "Sorroe" Clyburn
    Advisor, First Light
    A world of made is not a world of born --- pity poor flesh and trees, poor stars and stones, but never this fine specimen of hypermagical ultraomnipotence. We doctors know a hopeless case if --- listen: there's a hell of a good universe next door; let's go - e. e. cummings

[/OOC]

*laughs* Steffypoo. That's priceless. But, anyway. Maybe I just might troll these forums every now and then, eh? Can't exactly RP though, heh. Thank you all again for your kind words. I will truely miss you all. Currently, I'm in The Matrix Online on the Recursion Server. So if you want to chat, drop a line to Malastus.

The Black Company Forums

(ooc) Take care man. We really enjoyed the time you passed with us, you're a person of great quality.
    Good luck in your next promising adventures.
    Aurevoir
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

[ I'm sorry to see you go, Stefano. You were a great addition to the clan community. But...when it's time to go, it's time to go. You seem to have thought long and well about it, and I wish you nothing but the best. Maybe we'll meet again some time. ]

Damnit I had totally missed this thread.

Stefano, good luck my brutha. And I wish you the best in your career in broadcasting!!! Keep it virtual, mang!
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

You might not remember me, but I was Strider2003 and Enginjoe... and I have a message from an old friend of yours...

"Hey Stef, its Serter... I'm glad to see you had a longer run than me. Due to crazy health issues I had to quit AO. I wish I was still around to see how much you've grown since you were my little hip . You were my first best friend in AO. We did everything together, and you taught me alot about myself and maturity, in spite of the fact i'm older than you . It just goes to show we can all learn a great deal from eachother. Take care and keep in touch m8. AoSerter@aol.com."

Sincerely

- Serter

{Dearest Stefano,
    Sorry to hear your leaving, and this time sounds permanent. It was a pleasure to know you, and watch you learn and grow. And i thank you for many fun times =)
    Please take care of you, and visit the ~SoS~ forums anytime, if you want to stay in touch...
    Who knows you just may want a fr00b account someday =)

*kisses*
    Ms.ice's player }
    meta "msice" gaviglia
    Loving President of the ~Society of Salvation~
    www.societyofsalvation.net