Thread: Discoveries of Wonder, Inventions of Marvel III

Discoveries of Wonder, Inventions of Marvel III

Date: SUNDAY 13th of November
    Time: from 17:00 GMT / 12:00 EST
    Server: Atlantean

Yes ladies and gentlemen, it's that time of year again!

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots would like to invite scientists, engineers, medical researchers, mathematicians and inventors of all factions to take part in the third Isaac Asimov Scientific Symposium. If you have made any interesting discoveries, formulated a new intriguing hypothesis or just stumbled accidentally on a magnificent new invention you wish to discuss this with your peers in a friendly environment with a lot of alcohol, please give get in touch.

This is a yearly event which is held in November. We are particularly keen to have some Clan scientists take part this year as no Clan speakers last year at all.

If you plan to speak at the symposium, please post your name and your topic below. Time premitting, we will also allow speakers who just turn up on the day to make their presentations too, but preference will be given to those who have booked in advance

Hope to see you all there,

Dabblez

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)

/ooc

This is a roleplaying event. What we are looking for is a few speakers willing to give a little 5-10 minute in-game presentation about something vaguely scientific and vaguely AO related. The science doesn’t have to make any sense as long as it’s entertaining. You can work alone or in groups, use any props if you like anything goes!

We ran this event in Novemeber 2003 and 2004 and it remains one of my favourites. The logs from past Scientific Symposiums can be found HERE

Log for 2004

Log for 2003

If you think you might like to get involved in this, reply to this thread or give Dabblez a tell.
    Last edited by Savoy; Oct 27th, 2005 at 07:50:09.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Good! I want to reserve a speaker spot in the symposium please.

I have several ideas for the topic, but I have not chosen one yet. I thought of studying the use of RUR-Cola as a sort of chemical mace, but it probably will be something else due to lack of funding.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Thank you Officer Virta. Still looking for more speakers for this event. It only comes once a year so sign up now!

Please note the date is now:

Date: SUNDAY 13th of November
    Time: from 17:00 GMT / 12:00 EST

Contact Minage or Dabblez if you'd like to make a scientific presentation at the symposium, or just turn up on the day for some free alcohol!

The Return of the Bad Algorithm Man

Bogosorter and... um... no one else in:
    Return of the Bad Algorithm Man
    The First Post since, like, February
    by Elisa "Autumnleaves" Fadri

Hey, man.

So, like, I'm back from my trip and stuff. For, like, a limited time only. Get me while I'm hot, man.

So, like, that cool new job I got? On the planet Turtle? In the marker system? The one I left Rubi-Ka for? That wasn't such a good idea, man. Wildlife management, man. I mean, like, wildlife manages itself pretty well. Boring, man.

So, like, I got fired. For sleeping on the job, man. It was a setup. The other employees were jealous of my skills, man. They must have tipped the boss off.

Yeah, it was a real bad trip for awhile. Good thing I got round trip tickets.

I bet R.U.R. wouldn't hire me back, man. Not after that accident with the rollerrats. And the company's whole stash of CRUs. And the Bronto Burgers. Bummer.

And you know that planet? Turtle? In the Marker system? It's not that great either, man.

I mean, sure everyone carries those wicked blades around and they all dress in leather and look cool. But they actually use those blades, man. Like, all the time. On, like, innocent Solitus engineers with nice clothes and good haircuts that no one would ever suspect of carrying, like, certain harmless but unfairly proscribed pharmaceuticals.

Yeah, Turtle's a real bum trip, man. Especially with that crazy martial artist around. I kept running into her in the strangest places, man. Talk about someone on a bum trip... Red hair, man. Opifex, man. Smooth, light grey skin, man. Hot, you know. But crazy. Yeah, she wanted me.

Say, chicks dig guys with skills. Like Warblade skills, man. Maybe I can use this to my advantage. Yeah, man. I could, like, give a speech at that symposium thing. It's, like, that time of year, right? I could make up all kinds of stuff about how I went to Turtle to become the Warblade Mastah. Yeah, that would get me the chicks for sure. No chicks ever want to hear about my soft body dynamics modelling skills.

I should have been an adventurer, man. Leets. Warblades. Chicks. Healing programs. They got it all.

Hey, I wonder what The Shover's up to, man. I had to, like, leave him here. Notum, man.

((So I'm back for the free month. Or I will be when the patcher finishes, which is probably not tonight... What can I say? I'm a sucker for free stuff and nostalgia. Maybe I'll stick around longer. With my MMOG expectations at an all time low, I'm ready for pleasant surprises, new friends, fresh memories, etc.))

I'll think about speaking.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Welcome back Bogo. Hope you can show up at the Science Symposium. Would not be quite the same without you.

Vixentrox, we'd be honoured to have you make a presentation. Science > Politcs anyday!

Dabblez

I don't know about that but I have been experimenting with something.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

OK...I'm ready for tomorrow.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -