Thread: How about some credit for titles!

Cool How about some credit for titles!

I was thinking today as i read some posts on the most wanted list and I was wondering if at some point there is going to be a reason to pvp and get advanced titles. In my opinion there should be some insinuation to get titles such as modifiers (more hp, nano, damage......etc..) depending on how high your character. I understand that in this form there would be nothing but title farming going on so I suggest this. Why not make titles only achievable by killing omnis, that solves so many problems and actually makes omni fight clan and vice versa. I think that there would be many more ppl involved in 2ho raids and tarasque spawns if this was the case. If you had to kill the opposing side to get titles and titles gave special modifiers which made you character even better. Who wouldnt pvp or want to? This is just my idea, let me know what you guys think .

Infamousduck lvl 172 Trader

Thumbs up Good idea

I for one suck at pvp, well I've made some up grades and in about 10 lvls i think ill be able to hang with the best of them, but my point is I want more people to pvp with and if this gets more omni newbs to come to mmd and 2ho, i might get freshman . My main down fall however is the fact I'm an adventurer, not saying adventurers suck, we're just really gimped. I know I don't have the best chance in the world at getting neophyte, but this would sure make me try a lot harder.

Wasteaway - 155 Adventurer (Now Using a Nova, and I Do Damage!)

Personally i think that since the eye is fixed on titles nowadays and thats about it, they shouldn't be in the game. Adding modifiers on them turns it into an EQ type game having the goal be making your character 'uber.' However i can see where you're coming from about 'a reason to pvp' but FC needs to expand the storyline a bit.

Also, whats to stop me from getting a buddy to make a omni, beef him up a little and seep the title points right off?

It would also drastically increase the stupidity called arena ganking. Tir is already too big of a powermongering place as it is.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Exclamation Laziness....

Also, whats to stop me from getting a buddy to make a omni, beef him up a little and seep the title points right off?

Because i think it should be like merit boards, there should be level requirements for the modifiers of your title, I mean even if it was the way i originally said who would actually make countless numbers of alts just for title farming then when you got the desired title, level up your low lvl char to higher lvls. I think most people would want thier main characters to have these modifiers. Plus even as it is now anyone can make an alt char or two and title farm, so its not much different except for modifiers.

It seems almost absurd that this isnt the case.

I have something floating over my head? Whoop-de-dooo.

We should be careful not to make the most deadly players so much better that the gap between them and incoming pvp'ers is insurmountable, but at the same time we seriously need some form of tangible benefit for killing each other. Hell i'd settle for a bounty based on their title or something.... anything.....

Besides a cash reward (put up by the opposing side maybe) how about a slightly better chance for rare loot? ok a long shot there but i'm sure that if we all get together and think about it we can come up with something.

Getting an XP bonus for kills would be a great motivator (as in for every move up in title you get an extra % or two of xp).

Anyone have any other ideas? the fact that something needs to change isnt news, but what should we start pressuring FC for?

Oh and Duck, great to have you back, If we dont keep reminding them, the omni might forget how much they hate traders

A title is that. An honorary title.

If you put other benefits to it, all y ou get is FAAARM FAAARM FAAAARM.

Imho, earning one now has more value than one would if it had attributes to it.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

This would just make another reason for 4 or 5 people with a couple of chars each to get together and ramp their titles up. (ok, player 1 needs to kill 2, then 2 needs to kill 3, then 3 -4 , then 4 -5, then 5 -2, etc etc etc....) and let the title farming begin in earnest.

And dont put it past ANYONE. As soon as some bonus was added to the actuall title levels, everyone would figure out exactly the way to get themselves and everyone they know up to the highest title level they can get to, in the least amount of time, with the least aggrivation possible. And those that didnt figure it out could read it off some web site somewhere.

It would happen, it would happen all the time, and one or two people would b*tch about it on forums while everyone else continued to ramp up to grandmaster as fast as they could just to get the bonuses.

Idiot!

-Sand

Even with a level requirement you can level both oppositely aligned characters chronologically. This is no hard task either! If someone is in a huge guild they can be powerleveled, or all else fails theres always hot spots for gaining several levels in one day. By the time someone becomes level 200 with this use and repeat method, the highest modifier is obtained. A player should not have a greater advantage over another because he ganked more, or title farmed more, rather, it should be the player who has had more experience in pvp is more likely to be successful in it through pvp strategies developed over time.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Polls have shown that a very, very small percentage of AO players PvP. Even if they wanted to do this, Funcom is not in a position to alienate a majority of their player base.

Scorus

Attaching any modifier to titles would only further the cause of gankers and grief players who, by a large majority, are the types of players holding most of the upper level titles, thus encouraging this type of human dung-heaps to continue their behavior.

Red face Idiot?

Sand....I dont remember asking for flame I asked for opinions and input. Thanx for showing off your superior intelligence on my post.

Originally posted by Highjack
    Attaching any modifier to titles would only further the cause of gankers and grief players who, by a large majority, are the types of players holding most of the upper level titles, thus encouraging this type of human dung-heaps to continue their behavior.
    I'll be the first one to admit that I dont like ganking, but also I respect the fact that in arena it is a 0% zone which means mayhem (no rules).....so ganking is part of this game. In 25% zones...who cares if someone ganks thats the game.

Sorry for calling you an idiot, but i was in a bad mood last night.

But every other post in this thread makes the point clear. Its a bad idea.

-Sand

Thumbs down Ok

Ok so my idea sucked :P, I just think there needs to be more to motivate a person to get better titles.

pvp needs some changes

before any title reward system can work without being exploited.

I really like the system in DAOC for rewarding pvp'ers but AO is along way to go. In DAOC you get modifiers to self AND access to a special store wheere you can spend some of the pts you aquired on unique items.

First off i think you should not get pts for killing yer guild member ever. You should not even be able to aggro yer guildmate

maybe not even get pts for killing same faction.

someone who recently got Pk'd should not give up pts for x ammount of time.

Titles should deteriorate if player does not constantly kill other tilted players.

If you kill a member of opposite faction you should get xp - ( as long as they not grey)

Some of these ideas prolly wont werk in AO but someting should/could be done to inhance the pvp experience.

Originally posted by Mike "Kinkstaah" Bond
    A title is that. An honorary title.

If you put other benefits to it, all y ou get is FAAARM FAAARM FAAAARM.

Imho, earning one now has more value than one would if it had attributes to it.
    Good point, says it all really, we hae seen enough farming as it is..
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

EZ fix

Make it so you cant get your title off the same guy, and there also has to be a Level limit before you can earn a title. that way you dont just keep creating new guys and let your friend kill em till he has a title. Make the level cap for a title 50 or so. That would work.