Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Fix for 2ho (next patch) while we wait on pvp improvements - your opinions pls

Quick Fix for 2ho (next patch) while we wait on pvp improvements - your opinions pls

2ho as been always a big centre of pvp activity, but right now it has fallen into the absurd. What goes on now is not pvp, when omnis flush clanners every clanner goes into the bunker and hence starts the bunker zone hopping crap, when clanners have the upper hand the same happens this time with the omnis at the bunker or at the whompa, this is crap.

i see no point in going to 2ho anymore, i have been going less and less, you still see me there helping my guild pvp but much less than before.

My proposed Fix:

1) Remove all Bunkers from the north, or make them all unzonable, same applies to the South helipad bunker. no zonable houses periode.

2) move the shops east outside 2ho walls, put them further down the road outside. all of them.

3) keep the grid terminal where it is, but move the grid exit point to where the helipad is.(mmd is setup in a similar way)

4) move the whompas outside near the new place for the shops

5) move all guards outside near the new whompa and shop locations. they must be outside the East gate and in the road defending the whompas and shops.

6) move the east gate and the whole wall further east so there is more space inside the complex and guards are not aggroed so easely, unless you go near the gate.

7) make the whole place more cool, maybe remove the tents that are near the grid and move it to the space left by the whompas.
    Put a sort of small fort more or less in the midle of 2ho, where the tents are currently and maybe extending a bit towards the bunkers depending on the size, This fort could just consist of a wall and a small entrance and a small tower in the midle with some stairs to access it, inside the tower you can put a buff giving machine like those you see in missions, but doesnt despawn (dont make the buff shinign and floating above our heads for lags sake but make it place a buff on our ncu).

With this i hope the small fort will be a sought after place to hold, whith a litle benefit to the holder (buff machine) and with no nearby zones to zone hop in.
    So what does everyone think about this? this is an easy solution just requires some world artist hours to move the stuff arround, doesnt require any new artwork (can use existing buildings to base the fort on) and can be ready for next patch. This would be a small taste of capturing territory, as now there would be some meaning to controling the fort.

Lets face it, pvp is dieng and a lot of high lvls are bored out of their minds with the game, lets freshen it up a litle
    The Original "The Man" and Level 200 Fixer
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02
    ... err Back on the 5th March 2003 for a nifty payed for 30 day comeback trial

A reworking of the place could be in order. Making a lot of the place un-zonable is a good start. It wouldnt however, stop people crowding around the Whompas.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Jul 25th, 2002 at 09:56:58.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Bump for a reworking of that map alittle. Too close for comfort and too many nearby places to zone where all the action takes place. Widen out a bit.

Smallfoe

For 1 bunker area
    ** maybe you could just through something like the big surgery clinics up there where one could tap it for a heal/nano regharge just like the clinics do..
    All this providing your a** is pretty covered by those holding the bunker. It would beat zoneing (2ft away now) just to heal up and come back out. Heck.. if your protected enough maybe even swap implants based on the battle.

** or a purge system to clean them filthy Doc/MP/Trader/Fixer Debuffs out.
    every 55seconds

Both would give good enough reason to hold rather than PvP as is is now .. always near the borders.

people pvp there because they know there are bunkers there to fall back on. If you remove zoning into bunkers then they just won' bother comminga t all
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

no zoning, no pvp. That's the idea... it is like doing missions instead of outdoor hunting, you can still save your ass by zoning.

I did a fly by last night and there were clanners right near the bunker... pretty lame... then again, omni does the same with whompa. :P

all in all, less zoning.
    211 Apprentice Fixer Wigz [gear]
    63 Enforcer Rarrr - Tankz()R!!!

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    ARRRRR!!! Wigz Comics

Retired due to the intentional timesink design of AO.

bump,good idea

but like guy said,people wont come if they cant zone im affraid.

Look at mmd....from what ive seen i see more people go to 2h0 then to mmd.

they should atleast keep one building/set of buildings zoneable but make them 25% inside.

those tents in the middle of 2h0 arent that cool either...they should get rid of them ...maybe put some tall buildings there instead.

move the whompa out of 2h0 base itself maybe down the road...seems like a good idea.

grid by helipad seems like a good idea aswell....or maybe whompa by the helipad and grid somewhere down the road...would make sense.Then clanners would have to invade 2h0 base to get some kills in.
    Make Notum saturated metaplast armor comon like the rest of the uber boss loot you guys at FC screwed up. Resta - Ace OT Spy

Disclaimer: Need anything talk in Vicinity...I ignore /tells.

Support the PvP server thread

Putting in a server where no zone is higher than 25% outside of towns would solve a lot of these problems and many others...

Actually, Thats a fair comment.

People sure as hell dont want to fight if there is the slightest ever chance of them of them dying. I'll use me sitting at the arena all day as an example :P (mostly dying when someone says yes, none the less )

So.. a bit of a concern whether people WOULD go out there.

Well, I dont care. You should.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

what about moving the grid location all the way down the road where the 4holes fairy is. wouldnt that stretch everything out a lot? would be much easier on the designers than moving all the other stuff
    Mattie, 209 GrandMaster OT Finalizer
    Agent Professional
    send me an email
    or visit us on irc.funcom.com

"For everything that works, there was a time when it didn't."

perhaps if they made it so with each time you zone into a bunker your pvp grace gets smaller. Make all the bunkers 25% and you stil have a place to goto just in case your gonna die, but can't sit your a.ss there all day.
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

2ho is fubar.. i was ther PvPing whit som claners and guess what happend?.

a doc and one trader was zoning out of the barack debuffing and then zone back... this isent fun, whats the point in pvping if the opponet(s) will only zone and run like hell everytime u attack them. so i rely hope they fix the lame zoning in pvp

/ps im not saying that only omnis r doing this.

/Tolbat

Originally posted by Pie314
    perhaps if they made it so with each time you zone into a bunker your pvp grace gets smaller. Make all the bunkers 25% and you stil have a place to goto just in case your gonna die, but can't sit your a.ss there all day.
    lol i would love that.
    Make Notum saturated metaplast armor comon like the rest of the uber boss loot you guys at FC screwed up. Resta - Ace OT Spy

Disclaimer: Need anything talk in Vicinity...I ignore /tells.

lol for all you people who dont like getting slowed or debuffed by docs, traders or whatever zoning in and out of the bunkers the answer is simple DONT stand near the bunker also its just harrying hindering it helps before a group is about to storm out of the bunker
    if you stand near the bunker expect to get slowed or debuffed its a great way for a trader to keep his drains up and it makes you weaker
    instead of whining about it stay away from them and it would not happen

as to the whole idea of changing round 2ho a bit im all for it ,but to make the whole place unzoneable ,i would want a evac nano
    as there is no place where you can take cover when you have 6 people on you would get old very quickly .
    make all the bunkers 25% and as pie said lower the pvp grace ,
    if no one would camp these places this would not happen cause it would be pointless for the people who use the zoning points to there advantage, if no one was around this would not happen or if people just pulled back again this would not happen
    if you all moved to outside the gate you would have very few if any places to zone ,
    its good to see people at least coming up with ideas to ****e up pvp .
    FC needs to make out posts that are 25% and have easy access for both sides and bunkers that can be controlled and fought over

Good ideas Hex.

Some type of zoning would be needed. Maybe one room in that fort for refuge? That way to seek refyge you need to make it to the fort, and hope and pray its owned by your side of the conflict, if not you die.

Something needs to be done here though, anything. I am finally getting into pvp and I must say it is fun, but also very frustrationg when your opponant keeps zoning back and forth.

Maybe make a timer on how many times you can zone? If you zone once you can leave that building but cannot zone back into it for 2 minutes?

Just throwing out ideas. Forgive my n00b ass.

- Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Good ideas Hex, and I fully agree with what Pie said about 25% bunkers with lower grace period. There are so many possibilities to make 2ho fun for PVP'ers, just use your imagination, FC. One note though, there should not be any 75% zone in 2ho out in the open (like it is in mmd) or it'll turn into yet another gankfest.

While we are at it, could the PvP system be changed so that you dont loose buffs (and debuffs) when you die in PvP? It is just SUCH A WASTE OF TIME!!! When I get killed I have to spend like 20 minutes looking for all the buffs that I need to step into 25% zone again. This is totally unnessassary and it's NOT fun.
    This is espessialy annoying during mass PvP battles such as Camelot and (sometimes) 2ho.

-nexuss

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

remove the vendors in 2ho. Aoe nukes = aggro from vendors

Bump

Originally posted by polgra
    as to the whole idea of changing round 2ho a bit im all for it ,but to make the whole place unzoneable ,i would want a evac nano
    as there is no place where you can take cover when you have 6 people on you would get old very quickly
    Run.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

i see people are of the opinion there should be staging areas/refuges(zones) where people can back down to, in the case of omni they got the whompas, for clanners maybe put one and only one bunker maybe where the helipad is now or further South on the edge of the ravine. This way there still is zones, but they are not so close, and there is enough room to play.

Polgra you were saying not to stand near the bunkers, i totaly respect your abnoctious way of fighting, its annoyng but smart, but you got to see, the bunkers the whompas the grid everythign is so close you stand in the midle near tents but take one step in each direction and you are already standing on top of a zone.

Ok lets have one zone fore each side to be able to use, but spread appart, so the center and the point of interest to hold is not too close to them.

How about this new improved idea
    The Original "The Man" and Level 200 Fixer
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02
    ... err Back on the 5th March 2003 for a nifty payed for 30 day comeback trial

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast