Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940414243

Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

Quote Originally Posted by redliner
    Why?

They are free to kill the Dryads 24/7 if they want, as are you and me. The problem with their ely heck farming was that they were interrupting other players levelling and brought to much money into the game.
    Because now they are stopping people with a genuine need for frn getting frn. Same problem different item different area the problem just moved

Quote Originally Posted by Ossy
    Well it has now been a week since u brought the patch out to nerf the ingots and once again funcom uve done it. Not only have u now made it hard for all the new players in the game to make any money wat so every, everything seems to be going up in price atm (coz only a few ppl can afford it) Take the cloak i want for instance (overcoat of the firmament) While there was ingots this cloak would cost anything between 30-50m, but now its being sold for 85-90m. Hmmmm not fair in my book. Best thing is those people that have already made their money are buying it. Do u think this is far? U removed ingots to help the economy, but now the economy is now dominated by all the 4yr vetrans.

If you we're so bothered about the economy you should also nerf the prices of stuff in SL. Jobe for instance for full set ur talkin 12m and omg i bought a new pet the other day for 5m from Pen sanc, and the alien citys cost something around 80m a month to pay for. Where did u think they got their money to pay for these citys FC, trees??? U cannot expect the new players to be able to afford these and the 4yr vetran players will go round for months and months and yrs to come dominating this game. Im sorry FC but uve not made the game more playerble, just harder for a new member.

When I started to play AO before the SL expansion 10M was the most I had ever seen until was lvl 190+. The only way to make money back then (that I knew of at least) was to loot all the crap in the missions I did and sell it.
    The prizes on phat stuff were much higher then they are now compared to the amount of creds we had available. I remember I bought my ql 200 Manex (old school top-end fixer gun) for 5M, witch was a fortune. I spent
    several days of non-stop farming to afford it. Yet a MNTA costed 200M
    witch is over twice the prize it sell for today.
    My point is that the veterans of today had a hard time making their fortune. Much harder then it is now, even with the removal of the SL ingots. There are plenty of alternative ways to make cash, and the ebayers will continoue to farm. But at least it wont interrupt the gameplay the way it used to in Ely for example.

*edit: I still grind now and then, and I have never ever spent one second farming ingots.
    Last edited by _Bork_; Oct 30th, 2005 at 16:40:03.

Quote Originally Posted by RayM
    Because now they are stopping people with a genuine need for frn getting frn. Same problem different item different area the problem just moved
    You are right, but high level soldiers killing ely dryads for credits were stopping me from getting a FRN when I needed one at tl6. Raidbots are stopping me from killing Beast with my friends. Should we ban all the "non farmers" using Dryads as a source of income?

FRN farming has always been a source of income for some people, chinese or not chinese.
    Redliner
    1/0 Solitus Martial Artist, Atlantean.
    Dead, buried, never to return.

Redliner drops ingots, one of the perks of being the nerfest prof is the ability to drop all nerfed items.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by RayM
    Food for thought. At your level (if you really are at a level where you have a "genuine need" for FRN) you should be able to get a few million credits per RK mission (I'm only level 142 and I am averaging around 2 million in normal loot sold to the vendor shop per mission). Buying an FRN guarantees that you will get one for your investment of time. Even if you farm FRN you might get one for the same amount of time camping, but there is a pretty good chance you might not. Given that fact, should this really be an issue for you?
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940414243