Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Note from Game Director: Removing Ingots

The equipment difference between alts and newbies just got even bigger. Are you replacing ingots with anything? A few half decent weapons or armor parts perhaps?
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz
    unfortunately those guy, who already have farmed billions of credits will become much richer due to this change because the worth of the credits will increase with the deflation. anyway, i was never interested in having extrem amounts of credits and i hunt most of my stuff instead of buying it - so not much will change for me.

summary: good change, but a lil bit too late.
    Seeing as how they sold all the credits on ebay they won't really have much
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by lunette
    The equipment difference between alts and newbies just got even bigger. Are you replacing ingots with anything? A few half decent weapons or armor parts perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Znore
    We may provide other means of acquiring credits in a later content upgrade.
    Though it might mislead people into mistaking that now they can't acquire money at all
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Bit late, but still needed.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    Though it might mislead people into mistaking that now they can't acquire money at all
    Not what I meant at all, I know very well how to acquire credits
    But if you see how poorly equipped some new people are, because they can't afford proper gear with easy ingots....

"So learn how to make credits"... hah, optimist

Ah well I suppose we'll be teaching our newbies how to blitz again
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

Waaaaaay overdue but thank you. Ingots supplied a small part of my income but my main source of revenue was from old fashioned blitzing, so the you 200+ people are all rich flames do not bother me.
    Technology Breeds Anarchy

Do not walk behind me for I may not lead,
    Do not walk ahead of me for I may not follow,
    Do not walk beside me either, just leave me the hell alone.

omgz: Unilateral approvement on a nerf

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This must be the first time in AOs history !

Best nerf ever !

I'm lovin' it!
    Revelator: There is no FC love that will fix gimpness of the mind

Warning! If you ever see my use "lol" in any of my posts, I'm not serious!

To do this right, everyone should have access to buy and sell in player owned stores. Just removing ingots without giving non guilded and non AI players an alternative, is not going to be good for the game.

Plus it always takes a crazy amount of time for prices to re-adjust so game is going to be crap for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by lunette
    Not that I ever made much out of ingots directly anyway, but I hope people still keep buying the things I sell, rather than sit on their hoards; otherwise I'm going to be stuck again. Similar concern....

Overall though probably the right thing to do.

ewwww.... sounds like ppl think ingots is the only way to earn credz... what about mission loot, dynas, tradeskilling, blitzin, tokenguns..... YEAH i mean WORK!!!!! forget ignots, u can earn MUCH more by doing normal work that dont destroy the fun for ppl, but rather help ppl
    Quote Originally Posted by randomletter
    I miss spoke.
    Arosh 220/22/?? Opisexy Fixer
    Zsender 220/18/?? Nanogimp MP
    Villmedic 187/12/?? Solisexy Docta
    Znipe 150/13/?? Lovely Trox Agent <3<3 Much love!

better late than never

thx for that FC.

next step IPR ^^
    RK3
    Cirte 220 Clan Nano/NT Enlivenment of Nyaya

Best change to the game in quite a while IMO. Thumbs up!
    --------------------------------
    April Enny Buonocore, Boardmember of Dragon Security Agency

[Vicinity Loot Messages] Hhli looted Monster Parts from Remains of Heckler of Stones.

Good thing, this. Even if it will take a while for prices to come back down..

On a related topic:
    Quit telling people how to make money the old fashioned way, they'll block my view of the mish booth and all teh dynahs will be overcamped again..
    (j/k btw.. )
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

OPS! hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by randomletter
    I miss spoke.
    Arosh 220/22/?? Opisexy Fixer
    Zsender 220/18/?? Nanogimp MP
    Villmedic 187/12/?? Solisexy Docta
    Znipe 150/13/?? Lovely Trox Agent <3<3 Much love!

Ingots were the most simple way of earning credits, since you did not have to sell to other players, just feed merchants and get a very good return on investement. Of course this was abused by pro credit farmers.

Thinking that prices will suddenly drop because of this is just a dream, there are billions of credits in the game and people have a lot of problems in lowering prices. In EQ 2 prices went through the roof during a dupe bug, dupe is gone, crdits have been removed, prices are still as high as they were and the dupe was 3 months ago.

We need a global market, everyone should have access to player run stores, player city shops should have booths reserved to rent to non guilded, non AI people, getting all the objects lying in banks on the market and making them available to ALL players will settle prices to a better market value.

OMG, Finally. Thank you FunCom

Good move, Funcom! Maybe it's not the best possible solution, but definitely an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Znore
    This option was a superior solution to alternatives of implementing an assortment of systems to siphon money out of the game. -Znore
    I.P.R

Wow, I just made everyone happy.
    Kink for game director.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Removing the ingots will help probably with the farming problem, but on a side note FC just made the farmers more RL money. The farmers will now horde their credits from ingot sales untill after the removal of ingots. Now that credits are worth more they can go to ebay and sell the same credits for X amount more than they did before. It might deflate the AO economy but for the ingot farmers that planned ahead its going to put alot of money in their pockets.

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast