Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neutral Locations

Thumbs up meetmeder

I know that meetmeder was mentioned as a neutral town, though I want to add that it has some basic items, mission and insurance terminals and a grid access point in the center of town.

Up to about lvl 50 it seems to pay about 2k better than most of the other local neutral mission terminals if all bad/money is your thing (which it is to me ).

Though it is pvp area (25%) and some 'title hunters' do ambush you there, but not very often. More times than not, pvp's will either ask you first or give you some warning.

It takes a 91 CL to get in to mmd, BUT 111 CL to get out so make sure that you have enough CL or its a long walk back (or there is always the death express).

So ... make sure you save before you go there and do not loiter in the center of town.

Also since patch 13.6 the basic weapons and armor terminals (basic shops) in Omni Trade are now officially closed to anything but Omni. I haven't tried the nano-cluster terminals yet those might still be open for business.

Also most of the guards in Trade and Athens don't shot unless you attack or are attacked by an NPC (dang Carte Blanche cannons). In fact, I chatted with a guard at Trade and he was still semi-friendly to me. hehe, good thing he wasn't around the rukus I stirred up a couple minutes later.

- larSonny - lvl 32 neut fixer

ps. thanks roboka for a really cool thread, ... going to have to check out the longest road now for those terminals
    Last edited by larsonny; Feb 7th, 2002 at 23:55:33.

Coords for Delphine Sabbatt (Safe Haven?): (1780, 2200), Upper Stret East.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Question

Is there any superior nano shops for us neutrals?

Yesterday i went to all the places i could think of, but didny find any....
    I know there are for clanners in Athen....

Talking RE:Is there any superior nano shops for us neutrals?

sure..

go to borealis!
    between "stuff" and "general store" is an advanced store.

happy hunting

u say advanced store....yes they got one in newland also, but im looking for a superior nano store......

Superior Nanos

in the Advanced Stores, there are two Trade Departments ... one is Advanced and one is Superior. When you enter the Adv. Shop, go right instead of left into the trade department. Check em out again and good shopping .

PS. On another note, ... I checked out Drumdar last night with my lvl 35 fixer and unfortunately distant mission terminals != more money. The mission terminals there are not any better than Newland's or Borealis'. MMD's still appears to be the best neut mission terminals for more money. On average MMD's terminals are 2k - 6k richer per mission after lvl 25.

Happy Hunting - larSonny lvl 35 Neut Fixer

Cardolan, I know what you're looking for. Let's rephrase it:

"Where is the store that will sell _Superior_ NanoCrystals to a Neutral?"

-or-

"I am a lvl95 Neutral NanoTechnician who wants to upgrade his NanoFormulas. Where is the 'Superior NanoTechnical Crystals' terminal located that a Neutral can use?"

-or-

"Where does a Neutral purchase NanoFormulas from a store for Qlvls 100-125?"

Maybe it doesn't exist and all the formulas are in the Advanced Shop Terminals. I'd still like to know.

aaaaaaah Nano Crystals, ....

or nano formulas, ... (gracious por esto, amigo mio) ... as far as I know and reading in another related thread sometime back I believe that is another perk to being Neutral. We don't have a Superior NanoCrystal (...formula) terminals.

Our Advanced stores are truely an Advanced/Superior stores combined, and is WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

In that thread someone mentioned that they used an Omni Mule character to purchase those Superior crystals for their neut char, ... or possibly have a Clan or Omni friend get them for ya.

Hopefully this information is incorrect and there are Superior NanoCrystals terminals at there for neuts. Though I haven't seen one yet.

Superior Nano Crystals

Seems to be a confusing question.

If you are looking for nano programs, no neutral store sells nano programs higher than ql 100 (approx.). Clan and Omni stores sell nothing higher than ql 125 (also approx.). Also note that many of the important programs cannot be found in any store at any price. For example, for engineers, the warps and auras (at least as far as I have seen) can only be found as mission rewards. Yes, you can use a mule to get the 100-125s, but since you're gonna need to doing missions for the items you need eventually, why not just get used to it early. Besides, its the quickest way to make money at these levels. (I still use the 1/5 rule...1 level doing solo missions for every 5 in power level teams).

If you are looking for nano clusters to build bigger better implants, they are available in any of the neutral advanced/superior shops (newland, borealis, 20k, hopeless). Enter one of the side doors off the main room and go up stairs and click on a machine. If it says advanced, just go through the other side door off the main room. I think its usually to the right facing in.
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

more adv. stores

I don't know if I'm the last person to find this out, but Borealis also has adv. weapons and armor only stores giving a couple more stores to search for that mid-level armor and weaponary.

They are both on the back end of town towards the prison labeled Weapon and Equipment Emporiums.

Also to add to the adv./sup. nanocluster conversation, you can still get nanoclusters from at least Trade in all the (basic,adv, and sup.) flavors. They are a little cheaper than the neut stores and are not marked Omni only. A word of caution though, if you are under level 60, make sure that you know where you are going and get there quickly. There seems to be one Rookie OT Attache that doesn't like me very well .

Hope this helps the other mid-levelers out there as well.

larSonny - lvl 51 neut fixer, RK2

so far i haven't been shot at by any guards as an initial attack, but if there are NPCs around (or bots like slayerdroids or ninjas) that can aggro you, the guards will assist the NPCs if the NPC is on their side (omni guards will assist you against clan NPCs coming after you and vice versa)
    Last edited by Harlequin; Feb 19th, 2002 at 20:31:37.

Missioning for nanocrystals

Missioning for nanocrystals is difficult when you need Qlvl 116 crystal at lvl 78 or so and need to pull a lvl 113 mission to get it. You can probably do 5 lvl 90 missions in the same time you limp by overmatched in the harder mission and have more than enough credits to buy it.

I'm glad that the Trade (living up to its name) Superior stores will still sell to Neutrals. I remembered the clusters from way back when but never had to deal with the crystals till now.

Back to the Neutral Locations list .... I believe it is 'Stolts' outpost in Newland Desert.

Made change to name of Stoltz Outpost. Thanks!

On the cluster/crystal thing, I still contend that at some point you will be required to complete missions for these and might as well get used to it early. The program crystals just plain stop at 100 (125 if you are using a mule) and while you can get implant clusters all the way to 200 in stores (any store clan, neutral, omni I have never seen one that wouldn't sell to neutrals), the basic implants themselves have the same 125 cap.

About attacking guards...I have been the target of unprovoked attacks from guards in Omni Trade, however, the attack doesn't com eimediately upon entering the zone. This has caused problems getting to Pleasant Meadows, but the following steps can make it fairly safe (most of you kow this, but for those that don't): board your jet before entering the grid. Grid to Trade. Imediately upon exiting the grid angle straight up and hit the 0 (ins) key for continuous forward travel. Once above the building (out of guard range) stop forward travel and wait for zone lag to end. Then look down and maneuver so you can fly directly into the whompa to 20K (it will be a steep angle, but it will work). Since I have been doing this, I haven't been guard attacked once.

As to places to get missions, I agree that Drumdar has its weaknesses. Meetmedere is good, but dangerous. But, its not the last hope!

Consider Hopeless in Mort if you have a jet. It has everything a neutral could need, including a slow, but steady flow of medium high players coming through (mostly non-clans doing the sentinels dungeons).

Also, don't forget the neutral mission terminals outside Omni Entertainment and at Versailles. Both are a short safe ride from 20K (if your careful) and I have gotten some very good missions there (particular outside Omni Trade).
    Last edited by RoboKa; Feb 20th, 2002 at 17:49:33.
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa

as fate would have it ...

and a lucky string of events I was able to 'procure' a mode of transportation to get to Hope.

Keeping tabs on the best mission spots for Neutrals. I routinely make the rounds to most of the best terminals every couple of levels to see which is best. So at lvl 55-56 ...

Overall MMD has the best paying missions, typically 2-4k better than the average nuet terminals.

The Northen (hidden) Borealis terminals cough up good items and have the highest paying to the Wastes (2k higher than MMD), this is a good and safe place for lower levels to get missions from.

The SWB (whoompa) mission terminals have the highest paying missions to the Aeagean (2k higher than MMD) and also have nice items if you have time to go through the missions. This isn't bad for lower levels as well.

Though the grand prize winner is definitely Hope. Once you can get out there (once you have a yalmaha) start picking up missions from there. So far the missions that I've seen are 2-8k better than MMD and have a good find item 'selection ratio'. (meaning it coughs up worth while items more often).

well good luck and good fortune to ya, ...

larSonny - lvl 56 neut fixer, rk2

Hey,

I was tooling around a bit doing some missions in 20K and after a conversation with Funguspore figured I'd check out Versailles tower. I remembered I saw in this list that there were mission terminals there so my travel time wouldn't be wasted.

Well, not only wasn't there a Sir Lancelot there as Fungus had told me. But, I couldn't find mission terminals anywhere. The only thing I saw were some Clan-only stores way up the top of some spire.

The thing is also surrounded by MOB's some of which were green to me at lvl95. So I'd make a disclaimer in your list as to it NOT being Neutral friendly without a Yalmaha or being above lvl 100.

Somone help me with a clue as to where in that tower the terminals or Lancelot may be?

I have never been attacked in the imediate vicinity of Versailles, but are right, while I run around the castle itself on foot, I have always approached it via my Yalm.

To find Sir Lancelot, approach the castle from the north. There is a ramp on the north side running uphill from east to west. Sir Lancelot is on this ramp.

There are two sets of mission terminals at Versailles.
    • There is a clan only set inside one of the tower rooms. These are the only mission terminals I have found on RubiKa that are indoors, but it gives hope that there are more neutral terminals that we just haven't found yet.
    • The neutral set of terminals is on the road heading south out of the castle toward Omni forest. Perhaps it is a misnomer to say these are at Versailles since they are probably about a half a kilometer down that road, but it is the best landmark around. They can be noticed due to a large monolith between. I will edit the list to reflect this for future explorers!
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa

OK, so I checked out Omni Trade a couple more times (especially after the FC comments on how neutrals could walk almost anywhere) and it seemed safe, so I have removed the emoticon warning in the list.

I swear the night the talks broke down I got killed thrice in that place, but it seems OK now.

It was time for a bump anyway.
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa

Sad bump for a good Neutral no longer with us thanks to FunCom.

RoboKa cancelled?

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...556#post393556

=(

Still looking for a neutral accessible save terminal in an area more interesting than let's say Herder's Hole. Or is there any above ground hunting with a hut or something where a group can go into to regroup, rebuff, PH break, whatever for players above 120?

Me and my Neutral buddies are mostly 110-150 and would like to have a hunting party in the fresh air. Only with real life sometimes necessitating a 10 minute break or an unexpected Nokken spawn calling for a run for it, we need either nearby insurance to get back into the hunt quick or a cave that maybe 4 out of the six of us can duck into in order to prevent complete group whipouts and a half hour trek back to the herd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast