Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for the rich...

Post Question for the rich...

hey

Just because i am starting this thread doesnt mean i am a begger, but i want to get down to the bottom of this problem. The problem of not helping the poor economy.

Well, as in most games, there are the rich, and then the poor. The rich just keep making money , they have unlimited funds, while the poor just has a couple of credits and probably a crappy weapon.

Most poor people want to get very rich, and in AO buy a Yalm. But getting that money isn't easy. People do plenty of missions, try to level, and get as much money as they can. But its never enought for that next set of implants, its never enough for that new weapon, so what do they do next? they find the highest level they can and ask for some money...

This is the part i dont understand. Many people have Millions of credits. They have high level cahracters and the best items in the game. they have everything to keep all of their characters happy. So then that little poor newb comes skipping along, and goes "Hey, can u lend me some credits?" . And what does the mean old rich person say? They give them a big fat "NO", or to be nice sometimes a "Not at the moment ".

Well why can't you ever help the guy out? I know that everyone had to ask for a little money at one point. That is why i try to give the newb the money , doesnt have to be much but 10k can be alot to a low level.

All i am saying is to help the newbs out. Most of them dont go running from person to person, not everyone is a 'Begger'.

you beg me, you get 1 credit. no more, no less.

A lot of the people who have made millions did it all more that likely without begging. They started out just like everyone else and paved a path to where they are now. So why should they provide for people who can do the same as them. If you give credits to a begger you're breeding lazyness.

I do know that not everyone got thier credits in a legit way though. And they should be banned form the game, and IP banned from ever making a new account.

The moment you ask a stranger for credits, is the moment you become a begger.

Sure we have millions. But guess what. Most of us were once level 1 players with 0 credits as well. Somehow, we managed without handouts. Giving beggers money breeds laziness. Laziness breeds bad players.

If you want an easy time, go play the game at the bottom of my sig. You won't have to worry about making money. You won't have to worry about getting eq. You won't have to worry about figuring out any quests. Heck, you won't have to worry about anything.

Re: Question for the rich...

Originally posted by h3llr4z0r

Most poor people want to get very rich, and in AO buy a Yalm. But getting that money isn't easy. People do plenty of missions, try to level, and get as much money as they can. But its never enought for that next set of implants, its never enough for that new weapon, so what do they do next? they find the highest level they can and ask for some money...

Well why can't you ever help the guy out? I know that everyone had to ask for a little money at one point. That is why i try to give the newb the money , doesnt have to be much but 10k can be alot to a low level.
    Both your basic assumptions are totally false. Most of us have never asked for money or gear at any time in any MMOG. In any game, my first character does everything for themself, levels up, gains resources on their own, and then twinks any following characters of mine.

I never ask anyone for anything other than advice and directions.

Learning how to accumulate resources is part of learning the game.

My level 80 adventurer is up to 1.3 million credits, all by her own work. I'm pretty sure I'll have my yalm by 90.

I did a lot of solo missions to acquire needed nanos and gear and I have a philosophy about loot in a mission that could best be described as: "take everything but the fire".

I was never able to accumulate money before about level 55, I spent all my cash on new gear. I had no credits in my pocket, but it was not hard to stay equipped with new gear. In fact, finding what I wanted was far harder than coming up with the cash to pay for it (this is still a problem, I can never find a new merchant executioner in a mission or for sale by a player). It is not hard to accumulate credits or whatever in AO, in fact it is easier than most games. Go start a new character in EQ if you want to feel oppressed by the economy.

I give charity in the real world, where it is a matter of someone actually getting food or a place to live. Beggars in games are just lazy opportunists who deserve nothing.

I do give away a lot of stuff in games, but I give things to people who are friendly, competent, helpful within their capacity, and not asking for handouts.
    -Well, God was my copilot, but we crashed into a mountain and I had to eat him.

It's not hard to make money in this game. Blitz or sneak some missions, depending on your skills. Nicely ask someone around your level to group with you for a moment and get some team missions to solo, then sell the boss loot to other players. Team up with some friends to take on higher-level bosses to sell loot. Farm monster parts and convert them to blood plasma.

I know it seems daunting to live as a non-twinked character, but I'm doing it and it works. I'm level 59 at the moment and I've bought my own yalm, and I'm 3million-something credits towards buying my boyfriend a yalm. It's possible!
    Vashti "Zikra" Clemente
    Intelligence Operative - SPARTA

Mwerevu, Meta-Physicist

Beware of pretty faces that you find / a pretty face can hide an evil mind!

The solution is if you dont ask for things, things come to you .. its akarmatic universal truth once you stop looking for osmething is when you find it. ( there are exceptions to the rule ).

i use my disgression on giving money handouts, I am good at telling if I am being tricked or if someone is sincerely needing a lil bit for something important, for instance they need to buy a s tim to help boost a stat to get an implant or armor on and they only have a few miutes left on their buff to do it.. etc...

if you need to ask, make sure you are sincere. you will find good people who will help you but sometimes depending on the situation you will get a big fat no

The moment you ask a stranger for credits, is the moment you become a begger.
    Amen Zylina. As blunt as you can be at times, I'm with you 100% on this. Beggars are lazy people who want to be uber but don't want to put any time into their chars. they want it all on a silver platter and it's the most annoying thing in the world. Get off your lazy a** and run some missions, level up and the money will start to come fast.

And when you are high level, you'll see how annoying it is to have some dork run up to you and demand "credits plz pls pleeeeeeze". It's even worse than beggars in real life. You don't have to clean up and find a job in AO, just get of your sorry a** and do some work. I have no sympathy for you.

Also, when you get richer you can afford to buy letters, as opposed to those cheap-and lame--numbers.

Vanna, give me a M, A, R, T, O and a V.

Now you know what, the amount of money a beggar can make in only 2-3 hours of begging at low level is amazing... so I don't think they "need" this money after all, and if they do, can't they make it like everyone else is *supposed* to do?

If a true newb need money, okay... but just beware, don't turn them into professional beggars because it worked a few times and then they think they can act the lazy way
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

If a "newbie" comes up to me and asks for credits, I'll just ask them if there isn't anything game-related I could help them with. Like a buff or two to help them equip some new armor, or a gun perhaps. Or tell them how mission-uploading works, key dupers, you know, stuff

I remember last year about this time... A rl friend of mine had started playing before me, so he was "rich" of course. He gave me 20k. Gods was I doing /prostrate like mad, hehe... Nowadays, people aint happy unless they can borrow 5 mill for a yalm even though they don't know you. *shakes head at the nerve of some people*

DrCam

Only reason I don't give beggers money is....they are begging... it's very annoying with people running around begging all the time, and sometimes the beggers are around lvl 50...

I help the person that ask me questions to learn more about the game, I ignore the person that beg for money to make the game easier for him.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Begging to get ahead is sad. All begging isn't however.

I once made an nanomage enforcer, with the intent of roleplaying a worthless drunk hanging at the Ent BB.

Now I wasn't after the money, rather trying to put some flavor to the place.

It was fun for awhile, and was actally given over 1000 creds before I tired of the char and moved on. Like I said, I had a good time.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

i don't give out money to beggars. however, if someone (obviously a true nubi) comes up to me and asks for advice, i'll be glad to help them. after talking for a while, if i think they're a nice person, i'll drop 100k or so on them. its not much for me, but it can help a lvl 8 out tremendously.

but i stress, this is ONLY after getting to know said nubi.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

I never give money to beggars, I do how ever give money to people I like (ie today with my alt I met some real newbies, showed them around, answered their questions and gave them some credits so they could get things they need/want and I will help them later on if they need my help).

I have played since beginning and I have never been hugely rich cause in the teams I do not have time to loot if I want to kill anything but I have enough money for my main and to support my alts. I also can make more when needed, but I was a poor newbie once as well. What I have is what I have earned with my hard work and I myself will decide what I do with the credits.

And no, I have NEVER begged for credits.

Originally posted by dirtysanchez
    i don't give out money to beggars. however, if someone (obviously a true nubi) comes up to me and asks for advice, i'll be glad to help them. after talking for a while, if i think they're a nice person, i'll drop 100k or so on them. its not much for me, but it can help a lvl 8 out tremendously.

but i stress, this is ONLY after getting to know said nubi.
    Same here, I can give money if I feel like it after we have talked and I helped him/her, but it's never any point to ask me for cash.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

me

/me hug peekaboo

becouse i member how much she help this noob crat

and i don't give any money for beggers, but for nice noob ofcourse.
    Last edited by NOVA; Aug 22nd, 2002 at 09:47:15.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Same here, I can give money if I feel like it after we have talked and I helped him/her, but it's never any point to ask me for cash.

"Sir, could you direct me to a place where I can buy a plate mail+1 please?
    And may I ask if you know how much they cost?"
    Lion Strimple aka Sware

Re: me

Originally posted by NovaMaster
    /me hug peekaboo

becouse i member how much she help this noob crat

and i don't give any money for beggers, but for nice noob ofcourse.
    Awww. /me hugs NovaMaster

people who Beg gets really annoying, yesterday, i was tell maybe by 5 people, plz gimme me money for implants, plz gimme money for weapon, etc......
    and they were like lvl 35 or 50, I think these people are just too lazy to play.
    some are even in guid (and a good one too) and still begged for 100K!!!!!

Personnally, i like giving money and gearand buffing everybody, but only to people who need it, noob or from my guild or nice person, and with one exception
    People who ask for small amount of money like 350 or assimilated because they just forgot to keep money for the scanning device... (happen to me once or twice, and it really is annoying). This can happen but not the "I want to make a new full set of implants, help me....".
    TribuleX
    "make Whisky bottle a real weapon!"

Omni Tek Armed Forces

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast