Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Fake" roleplayers (IC and OOC)

Thumbs down Hmmm some flaming in order.

/Begin Rant: The reason why this is an extremly stupid arguement is that you cannot lable ANY RP as fake RP, RP is what you make it you cant just say "Oooh im a loyal Omni all the criminals are fake RPers" For one SA was a ROUGE faction unfortantly we could not switch to "Neutral" but either your a very new RPer Mordaus or your just very narrow minded. I roleplay my chars as induviduals NOT as stereotypes but yes i do agree punishment should be made by the govermental forces.. And it wasnt like they didnt try we just always had biggger guns :P /End Rant. And btw just because your a Drow doesnt mean your evil doh. (Just an example).

Originally posted by Jynne
    The "code" solution would be a "criminal" flag. Or, actually, three criminal flags. Criminal-OT, Criminal-Clan, Criminal-Neutral. If you had the flag for a given alignment, you would be KOS to guards of that alignment no matter what faction you were on at the time. It could have the additional effect of making it impossible to change to that faction again if you were to change to the opposing faction - your application form would be rejected because you're a criminal.
    Incredible idea. That would solve the whole thing.

Oh, a reply from the infamous Methlon.

First of Meth, I can call you Meth can't I? At least try to pronounce my name correctly, and as for being new to roleplaying. Hmm, as far as I remember, I started roleplaying around 1984, hard to remember as it's so long ago. Nor am I narrow minded, at least I don't think so.

What I asked is for players just like you Meth to take the current game mechanics into consideration when you play. And yes, I've seen you in action many times, and even though I will admit that you roleplay well, you also "exploit" the game mech 100% to your advantage leaving less chance for your fellow players to play against you.

At least two times I watched you in Rompa Bar (No, not with this char) provoking Omni-Pol or Throll working there as bouncer. And using the game mech 100% to your advantage. You did your best to get those GM's/ARK's to attack you.

If you had been such a good roleplayer as you claim to be Meth, and not using the game mech to your advantage, you would have let your self get arrested or thrown out. Think you could have managed to do all you did in the game if you didn't.

How do you think your attacks on the guards would have gone if those of us that are loyal citizens could have helped defend those guards, think you your bunch of anarchists could have had a chance??

Also, if you roleplay, then don't always wait until something is done to you. You played a clanner with OT alignment. Within the game, if you had roleplayed well, your very public actions would have clearly resulted in you loosing OT citizenship. Why didn't you then take that into your roleplaying??

As for bigger guns, it was a pleasure to see those Elite soldiers track you down and take you down once when you prepared to attack them, whoever sicked those guards on you, that is something I think should have been a part of the game mech, Start killing guards, and as people here have mentioned, there should be a flag, or maybe a counter for each side. If you do more than a certain limit, you will be KOS for those guards in the same way as any player of opposite alignment is.

Moradus
    Loyal OT Employee

At least two times I watched you in Rompa Bar (No, not with this char) provoking Omni-Pol or Throll working there as bouncer. And using the game mech 100% to your advantage. You did your best to get those GM's/ARK's to attack you.

If you had been such a good roleplayer as you claim to be Meth, and not using the game mech to your advantage, you would have let your self get arrested or thrown out. Think you could have managed to do all you did in the game if you didn't.

How do you think your attacks on the guards would have gone if those of us that are loyal citizens could have helped defend those guards, think you your bunch of anarchists could have had a chance??
    Incredibly well-said, my friend. I've had the "privilege" of watching Methlon in action as well. Borderline "god-moding" (there's one I haven't used in a long time) IMHO. Definitely hiding behind game mechanics.
    Aaron Simons Harkonnen

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123