Thread: Concil of Ares : a military conspiracy ?

Thumbs down Concil of Ares : a military conspiracy ?

Who were talking about Lord Rederon from Knights of Sacrifice when he was declaring “Last night I was approached by someone whom I thought was a friend and a leader of honour, with a plan. A plan to overthrow the CoT. Now anyone who knows me, knows that this is something I would agree with, I have never supported the CoT in how they do things, however this time I was appalled. And you can call me honorless all you want, but I would not feel right letting this go on and just standing aside to let it happen as I was asked to. It would go against everything I have stood for in the past”. (in Stratics, 07/19/29476)

From whom was coming his fear to see an “oppressive government” overthrows Radiman and the Concil of Truth ?
    Enrima, from First Light and general Gaijin1 from Delta force of Rubi Ka have investigating the case and must say that serious presumptions hang over the Concil of Ares (CoA). Recently founded between the Mercury Dragons lead by Windguaerd and the Clan Anarchist Syndicate lead by Redruum, the less we can say is that its an amazing coalition from two men who were opposite (to not say enemies) for years. Would it be another civilian project like the Old Athen Rebuilding Project, now disbanded (by the way Windguaerd, where did all the settlements go ?) I’m affraid not. All what we can prove is what has been said, like the sentences of Windguaerd during the Mercury Dragons meeting (07/20/29476) :

13:50: Influxxus: With all due respect, I have noticed that even with multiple clans working together we can't even take one OP, how is this new information or effort going to really have an impact? do you have a new strategy in mind?
    13:52: Windguaerd: Well, considering the overthrown of CoT would happen in our territory which we know quite well..the involved parties have the power to hold Tir, Athen and Avalon without a problem....what we expect however are CoT troops from the CoT Building to rush out.....their best, we could be defeated....there is always a chance.
    13:53: Windguaerd: Sir Galahad could come out of Avalon...if he does, we'd have a full civil war. (whole text here , section Library)

A peace architect, isn’t it ? And could we know what special event the CAS has promised us for wednesday ?

(on the CAS web site )

Windgueard, Redruum, did you lose your mind somewhere to dare thinking that overthrow The CoT will save us from Omni-Tek ? Are you so megalomaniac to think your desires of military order would be able to control the destiny of our fellow clanners. All the citizens, all the clans, all the coalitions who are believing in the self-determination, in the right to choose and assume legally their representatives, are going to stand up today against the come back of barbaric methods.
    Radiman has surely committed many mistakes, but is a state coup the answer ? The answer to the Omni-Tek regime ? To all guilds and citizens, form patrols since today in Tir, Athen and Camalot to protect our legacy and our future. Don’t hesitate to purchase in PvP any criminal who would try to attempt the guards and representatives lives.
    Liberty, Equality, Unity, long live the clans !

Enrima Orender & general Gaijin1 Shelling.
    Last edited by Enrima Orender; Jul 30th, 2002 at 13:28:41.
    Emilia Enrima Orender, fixer of First Light
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

Why sure I'd be happy to tell you about the CAS special event...

scheduled for Wednesday...

Maybe you should follow the link instead of supposing it is something ominous?

The link for that event leads to this:

"The appreciate Betti day for all the hard work she does for the Website. All are invited. Bring booze for the sponsor--Kungwho."

Nursebetti is one of our Advisors and keeper of our web site...we decided to honor her. Terribly nefarious of us isn't it?

Thanks for allowing me to point that out...

Laticia "Nelida" Kerans-Shone
    Advisor to CAS

There needs to be reform from this current Council of Truth and Radiman leadership. A leader that disappears for 8 months and leaves no one in charge and leaves the clans in their time of need in the middle of a war. What kind of leader is that I ask. If the CoT does not step down peacefully then they will have to be overthrown. The CoT or Radiman are doing the clans no good what so ever to help win this war against Omni Tek.

Totally true Nelida, I apologize for this. Anyway I don't think you will write clearly "Attack of CoT" once you will plan it.
    You see Nelida, we aren't in democracy and in war time by the way. MD and CAS are two role playing guilds that wants the power and are big enough to be able to take it. And tomorrow maybe other guilds will join you in your"Concil of Tyrans". I just mean this article, made by citizens, try to counter balance this situation and will try to create other "role playing poles", that Im sure, we all want.
    Unfortunatly (on the type of rp) this wont change the idea(s) of your leader, that you blindly follow... or maybe its just the fact that you have lost yourselves in your own propaganda.
    Last edited by Enrima Orender; Jul 31st, 2002 at 12:09:06.
    "Whole idea on fixer is being fast, hard to hit. hard to catch and sleazy person in every way. If rooting gives you edge, do it. If u need to chain root, do it. In pvp u use every tool given to you. You are not a knight in shining armor, you are a gangster and thief. You sure dont have to play fair." Snowlion

ROFL...Commander Redruum's Advisors "blindly follow(ing)"? that's a good one...

I suppose it might appear so to the outside but anyone that knows us should know how much trouble we are for him and just how varied our opinions are. I, for example, am a pacifist...yes, a pacifist inside of CAS...so the idea that all CAS is made up of bloodthirsty terrorists is just plain silly politcal rhetoric shoved down the throats of gullible citizens by irresponsible media moguls.

Propaganda? What propaganda would that be? That we don't wish to live under the oppression of Omnitek? That we are willing to fight and sacrifice our lives for that freedom? That many of us have had our lives and families torn apart by Omintek's Drakonian police force?

Nothing is moving forward at the moment...not in any direction it seems. We're no closer to peace, no closer to 'winning' a war, no closer to our freedom. It is time for a change in leadership...if you can call what Radiman has been supplying leadership. If you do call it leadership then I'd ask you what he has done for us over the past 8 months? While he is off-planet and incommunicado we live and die endlessly with little purpose and direction but what we supply ourselves...that is NOT leadership.

Whatever action CoA takes it is far better than endless INACTION. Even as a pacifist I'd prefer to see movement in ANY direction than no movement. Direction can be changed...a lack of direction is simply stagnation. Today we have a lack of direction. This has quite a bit less to do with power than it does with moving forward. The time for sitting and daydreaming is over.

And, BTW, I can guarantee you that CAS military plans are not posted on a public events calendar...even in coded form. We are a bit more professioinal than that...at least give us THAT credit.

Originally posted by Enrima Orender
    Totally true Nelida, I apologize for this. Anyway I don't think you will write clearly "Attack of CoT" once you will plan it.
    You see Nelida, we aren't in democracy and in war time by the way. MD and CAS are two role playing guilds that wants the power and are big enough to be able to take it. And tomorrow maybe other guilds will join you in your"Concil of Tyrans". I just mean this article, made by citizens, try to counter balance this situation and will try to create other "role playing poles", that Im sure, we all want.
    Unfortunatly (on the type of rp) this wont change the idea(s) of your leader, that you blindly follow... or maybe its just the fact that you have lost yourselves in your own propaganda.
    Last edited by Nelida; Jul 31st, 2002 at 18:23:30.

so the idea that all CAS is made up of bloodthirsty terrorists is just plain silly politcal rhetoric shoved down the throats of gullible citizens by irresponsible media moguls
    Thats good, you are maybe a pacifist but you already talk like the militarist you are.
    You see Nelida (may I call you Nelida ?) the world is divided in two parts : those who shows their disagrement by speaking, voting, protesting, writing ... and those who shoots a bullet in the head of their interlocutors when they disagree.
    Im sure we want the same thing : peace, own frontiers, own economy, own laws...
    Im reading the Tir Accord (Im sure you rode it before said it was bull****), I only see three things that affect me : the power to omni pol and AF to make incursion (even if they inform the CoT), the notum mines who aren't our property and the OT military bases ("to protect the lasr ones").
    Im against this bases, its unlegal. I say that to each omni I meet. What are you doing ? you attack a dudghernaut in useless raids... death is the only effect (you dont remind well, pictures areon your new friend site, the same that called Redruum a murderer)
    All I know is what you take by violence will be taken over by violence. You think to be in the same situation that the first miners ? No its not true.
    Whatever action CoA takes it is far better than endless INACTION
    I prefer inaction that moving in the way of the injustice and the massacre of brothers (civil war, u know, its the step 2 in your genial plan)
    At the end, the outlaws will be in the same trial that the traitors...

Whatever gave you the impression my talk is militarist?

I called for "action" not inaction. I don't believe I called for 'military action'.
    I called for an end to inaction, to blatent LACK of leadership.
    If, as a result, military action ensues I will be there trying to work towards something more effective, less expensive and less destructive to achieve the same ends. Very clearly what I am saying is that the current situation with Radiman having done NOTHING is over...one way or another it is over. Whatever follows will be action of some kind...can we turn it into productive action? I hope so. Will it involve military action? I fear so (but in no way am I certian).

Of course you may call me Nelida and you might ask around...I don't think anyone will tell you I perfer a bullet in the head of my interlocutors over reasonable discourse. Of course there are many on both sides of this conflict, and more than a few of the 'neutral' population that prefer to shoot first and never ask questions. I am not one of those nor do I, personally, condone such.

Omnitek and its mining subsideraries, such as Titan Mining, have one interest and all of us are either helping them or hindering them. Clearly that interest is notum mining and just as clearly the profit they realize from it. If you don't contribute to that profit you are, at best, neutral and of no importance to them. At worst you are an impediment to their profit. Tell me please, what are the major uses of mined notum? End usage I mean...isn't it almost SOLEY for waging war? A small part for waging war here on Rubika but the vast majority of mined notum for waging wars across the galaxy? Wars most of us have NO vested interest in. Wars that have turned our planet into one large mining operation and war zone...keeping all of us from living in peace?

I also find it rather odd that so few of us are concerned with the rapid and massive off-planet shipment of notum. While I cant agree with the radical solution of the NLF I happen to share some of their concern about the future depletion of notum. The off-planet executives of Omnitek don't particularly care for us but only for the efficient and complete removal of what they find valuable on this planet. When the notum mining starts costing more than it is worth what will Omnitek likely do? Do you imagine them saying around because of their humanitarian 'interest' in our well-being? I find that concept laughable.

Tell me, do you believe that our words alone can disuade off-planet executives of Omnitek from continuing the massive notum mining? How might you convince them to look at the potential problems of the continuing massive removal of notum? You see, I don't believe that without an interest in removing as much notum as possible in as short a time as possible we would have quite the problems we have right now. It is the massive off-world war effort demand for the resources of this planet that cause us the grief and war we enjoy here. Please, enlighten me as to how to curb this with words alone? I am listening intently for such a solution...indeed, I welcome such a solution.

Thats good, you are maybe a pacifist but you already talk like the militarist you are.
    You see Nelida (may I call you Nelida ?) the world is divided in two parts : those who shows their disagrement by speaking, voting, protesting, writing ... and those who shoots a bullet in the head of their interlocutors when they disagree.
    Im sure we want the same thing : peace, own frontiers, own economy, own laws...
    Im reading the Tir Accord (Im sure you rode it before said it was bull****), I only see three things that affect me : the power to omni pol and AF to make incursion (even if they inform the CoT), the notum mines who aren't our property and the OT military bases ("to protect the lasr ones").
    Im against this bases, its unlegal. I say that to each omni I meet. What are you doing ? you attack a dudghernaut in useless raids... death is the only effect (you dont remind well, pictures areon your new friend site, the same that called Redruum a murderer)
    All I know is what you take by violence will be taken over by violence. You think to be in the same situation that the first miners ? No its not true.

I prefer inaction that moving in the way of the injustice and the massacre of brothers (civil war, u know, its the step 2 in your genial plan)
    At the end, the outlaws will be in the same trial that the traitors...
    Last edited by Nelida; Jul 31st, 2002 at 22:16:58.

I have the feeling to divert from the original topic, I maybe wont have "the chance" to discuss with our conspirators but no worry 'cause its good to see you seem open minded (or maybe your their public relationship advisor :9 )

I will never support Omni tek on their wild way of trading without care for the manwork or the nature preservation. But would we be once we rid off OT. Trade. Trade of what ? Notum. Why ? Because its only what this planet provides and with LOT of stock. So I totaly agree we ll do it in better conditions but we ll do it.

Hey Nelida, just a little flashback :
    "29203 The clans - increasing in numbers by the day, right beneath the noses of Omni-Tek security forces - receive weapons from Sol Banking Corporation in return for raw notum."

You understand what I mean ? One, we ll still sell Notum, 'cause it changed totally the economy of the world. Two (and thats wore) if we wipe out Omni Tek, another will come, then another and another... What I see is an Independant Republic of Rubika, with all that comes to a nation (like our actual frontiers, own mines...) and the rest of the planet under OT protection. I dont want to live on all the planet. Just want to be able to live free in the north zones. Did you see that 9/10 of the planet isn't terra formated, they can take notum there, I dont care. I close this topic.

No (still) about the CoT, I like enough a proposal from the Voice of Freedom. That to make a larger Council with more "in-life" clans. That of course means that you need to listen and follow the majority, the rules of a normal assembly, and it means that you (I say you like I could say me) dont run away like these cowards of Sentinels when you disagree. That could work. But I think... more that the fact to impulse a "direction", your CoA is run by two lackeys who want to be kings. You think you are fighting for freedom ? I think you are fighting for the color of the armchairs they gonna take in the CoT building.

no...I'm not the PR Advisor...lol

As long as there is major war in the galaxy there will be a great need for notum...unless someone can show me that the peaceful uses of notum are as great as the war effort uses...lol, I doubt it.

So, it seems, that Omnitek has an economic interest in promoting war in order to sell the participants notum. Would we follow in those same footsteps if we controlled all the notum? If so we would truly be no better than they.

I DO care that our ability to thrive in freedom and prosperity on this planet seems to be totally dependent upon the sale of notum for war efforts around the galaxy. Of course we don't seem to be either all that free nor prosperous on this planet. Those that benefit economically from our notum seem to be off-planet...hmmm. I want to stem the flow of notum for the purpose of waging war across the galaxy. I want to stem the flow of this planets wealth to the off-world Omnitek executives. I want to find a way to live free, healthy and prosperous on Rubi'Ka without selling MY soul in the process.

Now now...I see no reason to insult the two CoA leaders like that...it doesn't work toward a mutual understanding. Who do you imagine that they are "lackeys" to? Before you can have a structure and a "normal assembly" within which to vote you need SOME leadership...leadership we have not had for quite some time now...leadership that seemed to be unwilling to put into place such a democratic system.

Do I think I'm fighting for freedom? I think I'm struggling for freedom...at times the fighting is an unfortunate byproduct of that struggle. Do I want the same ineffective and mostly abscent CoT leadership to continue to NOT lead me and help me in my struggle? No, I don't. They have proven themselves worthless in my bid for freedom. Show me otherwise...prove me wrong. I'm willing to listen and look at the facts at how the CoT has advanced my struggle for freedom. Show me.

I have the feeling to divert from the original topic, I maybe wont have "the chance" to discuss with our conspirators but no worry 'cause its good to see you seem open minded (or maybe your their public relationship advisor :9 )

I will never support Omni tek on their wild way of trading without care for the manwork or the nature preservation. But would we be once we rid off OT. Trade. Trade of what ? Notum. Why ? Because its only what this planet provides and with LOT of stock. So I totaly agree we ll do it in better conditions but we ll do it.

Hey Nelida, just a little flashback :
    "29203 The clans - increasing in numbers by the day, right beneath the noses of Omni-Tek security forces - receive weapons from Sol Banking Corporation in return for raw notum."

You understand what I mean ? One, we ll still sell Notum, 'cause it changed totally the economy of the world. Two (and thats wore) if we wipe out Omni Tek, another will come, then another and another... What I see is an Independant Republic of Rubika, with all that comes to a nation (like our actual frontiers, own mines...) and the rest of the planet under OT protection. I dont want to live on all the planet. Just want to be able to live free in the north zones. Did you see that 9/10 of the planet isn't terra formated, they can take notum there, I dont care. I close this topic.

No (still) about the CoT, I like enough a proposal from the Voice of Freedom. That to make a larger Council with more "in-life" clans. That of course means that you need to listen and follow the majority, the rules of a normal assembly, and it means that you (I say you like I could say me) dont run away like these cowards of Sentinels when you disagree. That could work. But I think... more that the fact to impulse a "direction", your CoA is run by two lackeys who want to be kings. You think you are fighting for freedom ? I think you are fighting for the color of the armchairs they gonna take in the CoT building.

all is there...

I hope you will see

And what exactly in this reference...

shows me how Radiman and the CoT have helped me in my struggle for freedom? All I ask is for a leader that LEADS, that doesn't run away to a distant world to meditate while I die in the sands of Rubi'Ka. From my perspective Radiman is a deserter and should be treated as such. Show me how my life has been bettered by my so-called leader's disappearance. Show me.

I hope you will see

Radiman was a leader before you start dying in the sands of Rubi ka. He has for me, enough charism to show the way to follow to our next nation. So he s not Redruum, that is clear. Both has choosed different ways, and I respect them both Nelida because they dont betray themselves. Give another weeks to Radiman (I figure you are used to die in the sands of RK now) and Im sure he will try to build a new Council, more open and more acting.
    Now, just two things to conclude (Im gonna be off for 2 weeks for a pilgrimage, oops...).
    First, lot of things changed in one week. One week ago, No1 knew the existence of the Concil of Anger and thir goals and Radiman was still away. Thank to the Lord Rederon article, to General Gaijin1 and I, to president Valstrom and Unitsi and many others, many guild leaders know nowadays WHO you are and HOW you wanted to overthrow the CoT. You dont have the benefit of the surprise any more(and dont say me nothing was secret !) and only that its a great victory. Now everyone will know who is potentialy able to start a civil war...

The second thing I d like to say you Nelida, is to think. For all I have, I would bet that this plan didnt come from Redruum. Im sure he is skilled General but surely not a politician. Your best friend Nelida is your best ennemy. Follow a man who betrayed himself so many times (just look at his speeches) is the best way to the banishment.

If you could understand these two basical things - and Im sure you can without anger - then you 'd see I am right. I came to the clan politic 9 months ago, MD and CAS were there and I hope they will still be there tomorrow...
    Unity for Freedom, Freedom through Unity
    Last edited by Enrima Orender; Aug 1st, 2002 at 18:22:50.

I think you and I want the same thing...

You hang your hope on a so-called leader that took a rather extended vacation from leading. I hang mine on one who as been here all along trying to find a way to our freedom. Perhaps on of us is right...perhaps neither. I suppose only time will tell. *smiles*

You assume first that surprise was intended and hence we need surprise. I say we only need rationale...look at what CoT and Radiman have done...it is by far easier to look at what they have done than what they have NOT done. I double amputee can count what they HAVE done.

I'd only have to ask; "Why now? Why, when on the verge of overthrow, does he run back and claim his leadership? Why did he desert us for so long?" I personally feel betrayed by Radiman...I'd like to be shown I'm wrong. I wait...somewhat impatiently...but I wait.

Radiman was a leader before you start dying in the sands of Rubi ka. He has for me, enough charism to show the way to follow to our next nation. So he s not Redruum, that is clear. Both has choosed different ways, and I respect them both Nelida because they dont betray themselves. Give another weeks to Radiman (I figure you are used to die in the sands of RK now) and Im sure he will try to build a new Council, more open and more acting.
    Now, just two things to conclude (Im gonna be off for 2 weeks for a pilgrimage, oops...).
    First, lot of things changed in one week. One week ago, No1 knew the existence of the Concil of Anger and thir goals and Radiman was still away. Thank to the Lord Rederon article, to General Gaijin1 and I, to president Valstrom and Unitsi and many others, many guild leaders know nowadays WHO you are and HOW you wanted to overthrow the CoT. You dont have the benefit of the surprise any more(and dont say me nothing was secret !) and only that its a great victory. Now everyone will know who is potentialy able to start a civil war...

The second thing I d like to say you Nelida, is to think. For all I have, I would bet that this plan didnt come from Redruum. Im sure he is skilled General but surely not a politician. Your best friend Nelida is your best ennemy. Follow a man who betrayed himself so many times (just look at his speeches) is the best way to the banishment.

If you could understand these two basical things - and Im sure you can without anger - then you 'd see I am right. I came to the clan politic 9 months ago, MD and CAS were there and I hope they will still be there tomorrow...
    Unity for Freedom, Freedom through Unity

Checking in

Hey Rima,
    Just touching base, since FL is on alert I figure I should drop by and help if i can.
    Later,
    Xeno.

Update:

Sometimes in life it is important to be passive.. sometimes agressive.. Still it is best to be asertive. I admit I would like to see greater things come from CoT but I am an advocate of Truth not War. I think that if we fully exposed OT for what they really are the whole galaxy would see the irony in permiting them to own the entire notum trade. So this simple truth would cause greater damage against the OT then any war could bring about.

Oh and Clan on Clan violence what will that solve? Hmmmm..?

I think it would be great if change where brought about. It must be change in the right direction and i do not think a millatary campaing would be right.. it would only bring about more pain and suffering.. wich are two things we all clanners wish to prevent right?
    Last edited by XenoMega; Aug 7th, 2002 at 02:53:32.