Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Cosmik! How about finding out exactly how -ints work?

I hear people swear on there mothers graves about inits but i killed there mother and replaced her body with your uncles so what do they know.

Spill it FC.
    Bump

tip to Funcom:

Players like to know the rules of the games they play.

I know you have this strange unrealistic theory that we should
    all be happy little roleplayers who dont pay any attention
    to the fact that we have a skills menu that we must put
    limited points into, but 99% of players dont play that way.
    We have to make tough decisions about where to spend IP.
    We want to be able to make informed decisions.

There is a huge difference between *spoilers* and *rules*.

LoL, when I tested ranged init with my test character, I found this weird bug. I'll tell you about it later, but first the test results and the setup.

Ok, my character was naked and only had a home defender on him with 2.5/2.5 attack/recharge and 47 Ranged Init. Did 10 runs for 3 agg-def slider settings. I used a stopwatch to time the attack/recharge bars, looked at the ground so I got 100+ FPS and I didn't shot any rounds because I was out of range so the fire animation wouldn't screw anything up.

With 47 Ranged Init

0%---------50%------100%
    4.00/4.15 3.00/3.15 2.00/2.10 (attack/recharge)

Then I raised my init to 266

0%---------50%------100%
    3.65/3.40 2.65/2.40 1.70/1.40 (attack/recharge)

My numbers could be easy off by 0.1 sec, because of the human delay, reflexes and such stuff but, it clearly shows that recharge in about TWICE as much afected by Ranged Init then Attack speed. If you calculate you would get about 600 init takes 1 sec of attack and 2 sec off recharge.

Now the bug is that when I raised my ranged init from 47 to 266 I didn't hit accept, but the change to RoF was afected anyway, so YOU can try it too with some character that does have some spare IPs.

I also did basicly the same test with Physical Init and i got the same result. Also found out that Init debuffs (or items that debuff it ie. scopes) don't afect recharge speed, but only attack speed. I bet it's the same with Melee Init!

I can confirm that init adjusting items (at least low light targeting scopes) do not affect your recharge rate. I tried to do some measurements of ranged init awhile back and this turned out to be a stumbling block for me. I never had the IPs to test by really raising my ranged init, but I lowered it using a low light targeting scope and found that a 1s/3s Mausser fires exactly the same speed with 300 ranged init and with that ranged init adjusted to 0 using a low light targeting scope of -300 ranged init. The reason for this I decided was that the 1s attack was already at the lowest possible value even at 0 init and the 3s recharge time was not being adjusted at all by my scope (otherwise I would have seen some very noticeable change of at least half a second in the fire cycle time). What the true numbers are, I have no idea, but since a few people have said they measured and gotten 1s/2s I have no reason to disbelieve this. I think the reason people have not agreed on what the number is is because some people adjust their init with scopes and some by raising the init stat and those two effects dont seem to be the same. I'm not sure if init implants have the effect like the init stat or like the low light scope.

is it the same with the new scopes? or just the old ones?. Might be the reason they made new scopes instead of changing the old

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12