Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Cosmik! How about finding out exactly how -ints work?

Hey Cosmik! How about finding out exactly how -ints work?

To make it short, there are many different views on how initiatives work and how much you have to raise an initiative to get XXXX amount faster. Sure people can test this out themselves but this leads only to speculation. Take a look at ranged-int. Some people think that its 600 ranged-int for -1/-2 attack/recharge, and some other swear ontheir mother's grave that its 500. Im sure there are many questions about nano, melee and phys ints as well.

Its not like im asking you to tell us something hugely complicated and potentially game ruining (god knows you did that when you did the PvP workings, now everyone knows exactly how to farm those titles making the distinction and honor of having a high title obsolete) I, as well as many other people, just want to know how much faster i'll attack with a given skill.

Think that would be too much of a trouble? (Promise to give you a double lifetime supply of cookies even if you "just look into it")
    Mick "Nuggethunter" McMullet
    Lvl 191 Soldier
    Loyal Advisor of Trinity 'till my last breath

Plain and simple.... NERF bracers in PvP

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,
    And the best part of North America! My name is Nugget… and I am Canadian!!!

Agro bar would be nice too, but lets jsut start off with something simple
    Lvl 191 Soldier

Hey, I’m uh.. I’m not a lumberjack or a fur trader. And I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber or own a dogsled.
    And I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I am certain they're really really nice.
    I have a Prime Minister, not a President. I speak English and French, not American. And I pronounce it "About" not "A boot".
    I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack. I belive in peacekeeping, not policing. Diversity, not assimilation.
    And that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal. A toque is a hat. A chesterfield is a couch.
    And it is pronounced "Zed"! not "Zee".. "Zed"! Canada is the second largest landmass, the first nation of hockey,

This i would also very much like to know.

So bump.

Demi

How about putting which Init a weapon uses right in the description as well?

Talking

http://auno.org/ao/db.php has which init the weps use, ripped straight out of the db..
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Originally posted by Womble
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php has which init the weps use, ripped straight out of the db..
    Not in game? Then it don't exist

Originally posted by Womble

I don't want to know what weapons use what ints, but rather if i have XXX amount of int how much faster will it make my gun
    Lvl 191 Soldier

Ba-bump-a-de-dum-a-doobie-do-wop-bau!

(Beat that!)

Transparency GOOD!

Hidden systems BAD!

Share DATA!

</atrox fixer mode>
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by Pie314

I don't want to know what weapons use what ints, but rather if i have XXX amount of int how much faster will it make my gun
    Agreed. I want that too

"Do I need 550 ranged Init to max out this gun?" etc.

i've been told by most people that initiatives does not effect recharge, is this true?
    www.fixergrid.com - Luciana's Fixer Guide

Ok, I give up. F1x3Rz R |337!!!!
    Luciana - Level 141 Fixer
    Lohr - Level 50 Enforcer

"<Dai-Galean> Lohr you will get used to SilkeX he is a perminant part of the irc like a bad piece of code hehehe" - From irc.funcom.com #anarchyonline

Originally posted by Pie314

I know I know, I was replying to meligant..
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

Originally posted by Luciana
    i've been told by most people that initiatives does not effect recharge, is this true?
    Only for nanos.

(See? This sort of question would never come up if we could get a sticky with all the workings of the init system. . . )
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

For Weapons:
    300 init = -1 sec attack / -0.5 sec recharge
    weapon speed is capped at 1/1

For Nanos:
    200 init = -1 sec attack / -0 sec recharge
    nano speed has no cap

I think the players init and the init of the gun(along with QL) should all be figured into an equation and then and only then should the player recieve a bonus for having more than enoughe init to boost the weapon to a faster speed..

The equation could go somewhat along the lines to how O/E now works..except for the penalties

Originally posted by Dward
    For Weapons:
    300 init = -1 sec attack / -0.5 sec recharge
    weapon speed is capped at 1/1
    hmm .. i dont think this is right..

I have a MCS just now base is 3/1 I have 680 ranged init.

when I get one of those shrines that boosts init by 400 or whatever my mcs fires a lot faster, the bar takes the same time to go up as it does to come down, i.e. 1/1 .. it is not 1/1 with 680 ranged init..
    maybe it's -1 sec for every 300 init over the first 300 or something, that would be closer to my experience.
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.

300?

I wish

Then I could get 1/1 ithaca with OS for +133 (I wear 15 scope)

this proves my point exactly.... without FC telling us exactly we'll never know. People can test all they want but ultimatly they will still disagree. Many people would say that Dward's calculation is wrong (which is it, 300 DEFENITIALLY does not give those effects, besides recharge i s always effected more by ranged int) but im sure there are some who thinks its correct.

Come on FC. Spill it, its not exactly going to ruin the game if people knew.
    Lvl 191 Soldier

The problem why init effects are confusing is that there IS a difference wether the init is buffed/debuffed or wether you raised it by spending IPs (same thing as jump hight, if you know what i'm talking about ). Lots of ppl just wouldn't sacriface their IPR for this tho..

Best way to test it is to reset the init skill you want to test with IPR, put your agg-def bar on 0% (so you make sure you don't cap anywhere), use the stopwatch to time the attack/recharge bars, then raise the init a ton and test again.

When there was full IP reset available I did it and tested Physical Init the way I described above...it was exactly 1 sec off attack and 2 sec off recharge for every 600 init. I'd guess it works the same for the rest except NanoC Init.

There are also a lot of bits lying around in your harddrive. You know, the bits that say how fast your bar will go up, and how fast it goes down in your screen...

Well, some unscrupulous people have looked at those bits. And said it was the 600ini = -1s/-2s, with 1s/1s minimum.

Also, nano ini is the 200ini = -1s/-0s, with no minimum on atk, but no effect on rch.

Of course, nobody knows whether this stays true on _server_ side, which is all that matters.

bump.. come on FC. Tell us already
    Lvl 191 Soldier

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast