Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bronto hide

Originally posted by etantaylor
    Brontos have families too
    not anymore

Brontos exist only for food, clothing, and sexual gratification.
    (who can resist those massive swaying mammaries?)

I've been spending a fair amount of time recently hunting for bronto hides outdoors and I'm fairly convinced that they don't drop outside. I've never found any bronto hides in missions but I really don't look too hard, I'm usually too busy herding my bot to the next mob. I do know that people find hides in missions since my guildies have confirmed it. So all of this came together last night when I saw 2 people in Trade the other day with bronto tunics. I didn't ask to verify but the armor does look pretty unique so it's pretty easy to recognize.

My conclusion is that while very rare it is possible to find the hides that make the tunic in missions.

STOP KILLING BRONTOS NOW!!!!!
    BRONTOS ARE PROTECTED BY THE OMNI ENDANGERED ACT

President of the OWF(Omni Wildlife Fund)
    Etantaylor
    We Are Watching U All

STOP KILLING BRONTOS NOW!!!!!
    BRONTOS ARE PROTECTED BY THE OMNI ENDANGERED ACT

So where do Bronto Burgers come from?
    I don't the Omni-Pol gaurds next to the Bronto Burger stands
    arresting anyone for violating an endangered species act.

Brontos didn't exist until Omni-Tek put them there.
    If Brontos were ever hunted into extinction,
    we would just make more.

It sounds to me like you dont understand farming either.
    You breed before you slaughter.

stupid hippy.

Ya know I must have killed around 3K worth of em now.

Bronto burger the size of texas anyone?

(oh meat is not murder ya friggen animal rights lovers)

hehehe
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

its alright to kill for food as long as its in moderation.There is a carefully worked out limit on how many can be culled as this helps and sustains the population.But what you are doing is mindless vandalism and bronto genocide.So from now on there is an embargo on killing brontos unless u have a special permit to do so.These permits can b found in the basic shops and are limited to one per person for a maximum of 2 months.There will b special Bronto Rangers checking that everyone seen killing these poor defenceless creatures has the permit otherwise this will b considered as POACHING. POACHING is considered a very serious offence on RK1 so now u have been warned.

Etantaylor
    We R WATCHING U!!

It's really lame when random people try to roleplay authority over strangers.

Each club has dozens of self-proclaimed "owners",
    and now etantaylor claims he owns the brontos. heh.

etantaylor, you have no ability to implement your declarations,
    and you also need to go look up the definition of "embargo".
    Cutting out the leet speak ("We R WATCHING U!!") might help too.

The bronto hunting ground in Broken Shores is a PvP zone.
    Don't like it? Come stop us.

Bronto Hide = Team Mission (at least thats where I'm finding it).

Seem to remember it being in the boss loot (now theres a suprise)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Not exclusively

Found a ql105 Small Patch of Soft Bronto Hide in a chest (team mission, Clon****) yesterday. First one ever.

Somebody manufacturing gloves from that?, and what would be the fee? (if I had a PPPE I could do it on my own - sigh )

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

It seems some ppl cant understand english here as i said its only illegal if u poach brontos without a permit.

Etantaylor
    The price of the permit goes to the Battersea Bronto Home which looks after elderly Brontos

Bronto Hide

I have found that their are many types of each of the animals. My very first sighting of a Primal Chirop made me respect these little birds much much more. So, maybe there is a type of Bronto that you have not yet found. I have some pieces of bronto hide myself all from boss loot/team mission chests. When I get in game tonight I'll check to see what kind they are, and if they are Large Hard bronto hides I'm a happily rich man

its alright to kill for food as long as its in moderation.There is a carefully worked out limit on how many can be culled as this helps and sustains the population.But what you are doing is mindless vandalism and bronto genocide.So from now on there is an embargo on killing brontos unless u have a special permit to do so.These permits can b found in the basic shops and are limited to one per person for a maximum of 2 months.There will b special Bronto Rangers checking that everyone seen killing these poor defenceless creatures has the permit otherwise this will b considered as POACHING. POACHING is considered a very serious offence on RK1 so now u have been warned.

Etantaylor
    We R WATCHING U!!
    WTF is your problem?

Take your role-playing ass to the ROLE PLAYING section on these boards.

We are here to discuss the making of bronto armor, not role playing.

This is the TRADESKILLS section. THis is where we make stuff, sell stuff, ask for help. You wanna be a self proclaimed idiot, go to the right place to do so.

Idiot.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Etantaylor
    We R WATCHING U!!
    Oh, and watch this...

you watching?

/flip
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Etantaylor
    We R WATCHING U!!
    So let me get this straight if we don't stop killing brontos you are gonna break off trade relations with us? Geesh I hope you don't block the harbors too. Its a dang good thing I am on RK2

~aqua

Look im trying to preserve the current endangered population of brontos.If u go around aimlessly killing them then there will b none left for the next generation.

President of the OWF(Omni Wilflife Fund)
    Etantaylor
    Its in your hands now

stop flaming poor etan.. hes done nothing wrong, except being adorable...

You know it
    Level 220 16 Philip "Phil" Proteus, Engineer Equipment

Does all the killing really matter? Don't they just pop out the reclaim like everyone else? =)

OK well thanks folks this was a thread asking a question about Tradeskills. Now it has turned into a flame match. If I had wanted to have a RP session in a thread Etan I would have posted in the Roleplay section of the forums not the tradeskill section.

If you don't want people killing Bronto's go post there not here. I just want to know if the rarerity of the Large hard piece of bronto hide is intended or a bug and if it drops at all. I have heard that a couple of chest pieces have been made so it just seems to be extremely rare if so this is FUBAR and should be fixed to drop as often as the other pieces.
    Sunraven - Jumpaholic and Speedfreak.

tunic bit

over the past coupla months ive acquired literally hundreds of pieces of bronto hide from many sources and areas between lvl 7 and lvl 200 and as yes i havent got my hands on a large hard piece or hide of any level at any stage. So either if one person has found four then thats the dude to ask for next weeks lottery numbers..

love Riz

cont/d oops

or that person have their info slightly wrong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast