View Poll Results: Would you like to see a PvP dimension for AO?

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! And I would play there too!

141 47.64%
  • Yes, but I would not play there.

61 20.61%
  • Do not know / do not care.

25 8.45%
  • No, I do not want a PvP dimension.

69 23.31%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP dimension

Question PvP dimension

Disclaimer
    No, we have no plans of implementing a PvP dimension. This is simply a question out of curiosity in the Community team, and the development team has nothing to do with this poll. They'll probably even come yell at us a bit when they find out about it.

So, there, should be clear enough. Now to the question...

Would you like to have a PvP dimension? Not going into the rules for it now, as that would be a completely own topic if such a thing is ever to happen. But, say 25% (political) zones in most settled areas, and 0% (mayhem) in all others, just to give an idea of how deadly life would be there.

So, what is your opinion?
    Last edited by Cz; Aug 2nd, 2002 at 13:58:16.

wow! sweet
    Last edited by Znails; Aug 2nd, 2002 at 14:17:51.
    Znails

Arrow

Nope, don't want it. Just make PvP something more that the 1on1 gankfest we currently have. Make it team oriented and with a purpose beyond mostly pointless titles.

Yup, want it!

Then make the current dim or add a new dim thats 75% and 100% only and allow one time char transfer

YES! Not only I, and thousands of like-minded people will instantly move and stay there, but a bunch of old players who quit the game will come back and play it. And that's not mentioning the fact that if properly advertised, a whole slue of new accounts would be created to try the new PvP server. The perfect example of this is DAoC and the success they achieved when their first PvP server went online. (DAoC has two PvP servers now, because one wasn't enough to fit all the people who wanted to play it).

As for the people who say that they don't want a PvP server... I don't quite know what their rational is. No one would be compelling them to move from their server therefore theoretically they shouldn't care. I would understand it if someone proposed to turn their already existing carebear server into a PvP one.

YES!

and make it 100% dmg it would be GREAT!

*Some peeps* voted "Yes! ..play..." just to to get rid of [potentially] abusive persons.

Just so you now, Cz.

also, make zones for like 50%, 75% and total mayhem 100% !! dmg

Sure, if it deports all the riff raff from the normal servers otherwise...

Gotta agree with Darkbane.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

Adding a PvP dimension. would be the best thing thats happened to Anarchy Online. those who complain about not wanting to PVP then stay on your server. i for one, would love a pvp dimension
    Techno-Wizard

i actually dont understand how anyone can vote no i dont want it... why dont vote.. sure but i wont play on it.. cant u atleast support those that want a pvp dimension.. i dont see a reason why not to support it.. u dont have to play there if ya dont wanna..
    Znails

Dont do it! Dont do it! Dont Do it! The game is under populated enough as it is.

I want to se PvP become something that can be used to further the RP elements.

PlayerX wants to Kill PlayerY (maybe to collect a bounty, or out of vengance...)
    PlayerX sends a Challenge to PlayerY

PlayerY has the Option to accept or decline the Challenge (this is to protect the Non-PvP players).

The Challenge should have a Time Out Default , based on the players current Agg/Deff position (in case PlayerY is asleep at the keyboard). If PlayerY is set to Agg then it defaults to Yes! If PlayerY is set to Def then Default is No!

This makes those people who have a Bad Attitude (walking around in full Agg) more likely to be killed by thier own kind. And forces the rest to Calm Down (pull Down the Agg/Def Slider) while in populated areas.

This type of play would allow for fighting in the streets (i think it should be available in any zone with 75% or less Supression Gas)

This Style of PvP should not give titles, save those for the Arena Duelers (that way Ganking is discouraged and the Gladiators of the Arena are Awarded).

just my 32 cents.
    .................................................. ......
    -Talanthus

Phoenix Rising

I didnt vote at all because...

There wasnt proper option for me

I would rather see the current servers made to follow what was promised.

PvP to have meaning and ability to conquer/hold areas.

Gas levels to change with the story (what story?)

High gas levels in "side" towns but guards (upgraded ones please) able to kill opposing side there.

75% in nearby areas (newbie areas)

25-0% in most remote/conflict areas, borders, etc. with perhaps pockets with higher gas lvl or with very high lvl side guards with fast respawn (unless it is meant to be one of the conquest locations).

Zarch and da chars

PS.

If these cant be implemented then yes, own PvP server although I dont think I have the energy to start "yet another" character. I wish that option would have been there in the start...

i got it!
    make a server where irs 25% most everywhere, but 75% in shops and etc and 100% in some other places like social places. and also have 0% zones of course..........but heres the kicker:
    No Titles
    i like to pvp, i however like and dislike titles....you want to kep your title, but are somewhat disgusted when you have one....some psychology bs, but anyways....
    dont change loot rules....etc....
    maybe also dont have level restrictions? or have it that you can only attack higher level people in say a 50% zone? or if that person attacks guards?
    just trying to come up with some ideas...got loads of em, im sure plenty of em are useless and/or lame.

Dont make a PVP dimension until you freaking fix PVP.

I can realy see the that a PvP server would be good. I would not played on it and voted so becouse I don't like PvP. Actualy I would like a server with only 75% and 100%. But I would see the point in having server with only 25% and 0%. I think that would be fun for a lot (Not me)

Suggestion: Implement the long promiced dimention travel, make it one time for each existing character (Not new one) and Convert RK2 to PvP server and convert 0% sones to 25% on RK1 (Or the otherway around)

The reason I say one time only for new character is so people want build up a character on one server and then move to the other.

And: Make it possible to make a copy of your character onto the test server. Then I would actualy use it to test the chances for you. As now I don't bother to build up all from nothing on a server I am not going to play on.
    Once a gimp, always a gimp

Many, many people who left DAoC went back to the game the instant their PvP server went online. In fact, the population was so great that they had to bring up a second one. Now they might have to bring up another yet.

Being implemented as a wholly optional thing, this could only benefit the game.

...all I'm saying is, see what a
    wonderful world it would be if only
    we would give it a chance.

-Louis Armstrong

Life is suffering.

-Buddha

The Past
    God: In comic format

would be sweet if we could copy our mains from one dim to the pvp dim, but no way am i going to go lvl up another alt in another dim all over again.

let me take my ma there and i would be in in a heartbeat

I would personally prefer an updated PvP and Roleplay system on the dimensions we already have. More PvP areas, but a legal system to try and prevent ganking (I prefer consequences for ganking, rather than just preventing it. How many people are going to keep doing it if they know they are going to have ql250 guards agroing on them everytime they enter a town ).

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast