Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beggers belief

Angry Beggers belief

Why do people beg?

Money is FREE in this game!

If you kill stuff you get money!

Quote " Can you lend me 2000 creds so I can leave the playarea? "

YOU ONLY NEED TO BE LEVEL 2! Its takes less than 5 mins to level a level 1 character!
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

"lazyness" is my first guess....
    Then comes "general lack of understanding the game and game mechanics"
    And maybe a habit they have from "begging my mom"...?
    That's all i guess
    any other suggestions?
    --

220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

Total levels gained since nov 2002 |2500+ |

7 years to ding 220, any better?

I once saw a guy satnding in TIR outside FT beffing for money.

I went on a mission and came back half an hour later and 2 levels higher and I don't know .... about 10k richer (I was like 30) He was still there bouncing up and down and begging for money!

So now I'm thinking it may be worth it. Maybe I'll start a character and do nothing but beg!

Hmmm.......

Interesting experiment. If this link stays near the top I'll report back on Wednesday and we'll see how much I made.
    Riders of the Lost Org

I'm on to them

I think they're actually Funcom employees hired to act as money sinks in game to counter the inflating economy.
    FunnyFace
    Running with Notum scissors

beggers

personally, I don't like beggers (or is it spelled beggars? too lazy to look it up anywhere right now. I think I'll go with beggars from now on).

But one strange thing about them, they seem to make profit out of their "work". Otherwise they would have given up after a while, right?

A norwegian jurnalist once tried himself as a beggar one day. Just to see how is was.

He made about 10k kroner which is about $1250 (not accurat, but the 10k isn't either ), which around half a month salary for many norwegians. In one day!

So it is clearly profit from it. But it is degrading. You need to admit to yourself that you are unable to make money in a normal fashion, and thus the only option you have left, is living off other people's god will. I know I wouldn't be able to do that. Not in RL, not in a game. If all else fails, perhaps I would concider it. But it would be a big loss in selfrespect for me.

I suppose other don't have the same kind of selfrespect.

BUT: one of the things the jurnalist mentioned, is that the best way of getting profit from begging, was to not run around, following people, asking for money. It was when he sat down, with a sad face and a tin-can or something in front of him for money, that was when he got the most cash.

But that's in RL.
    In AO, or any other game, money is usally easily obtainable. You kill something, you get cash. You do a mission, you get cash. You kill some grey monsters for no risk at all, and collect monsterparts, get them converted (either convert yourself or get someone else to do it), you get money . There is really no magic to it. Run around, get a team, do some teammissions. No big deal. The loot alone from some missions (team or single) is enough to get some decent amount of money. The nice thing about beeing in a team, is that you can do higher ql mission, and get higher ql loot/reward and sel it for more cash.

Oh, that brings us to the inflation-trouble many see today, but that's a completely different story.

#1 simple f'king lazyness.

#2 they belong the that guild of proffesional beggers who do nothing but that.

True story, about a month... month and a half ago I had some guilded level 1 person walk up to myself and a group of friends standing around in ent and start begging us for money. Sindicate, syndicate... something like that.. Anyways.. all dressed up like she just came from a shopping spree at Miir, and asking if she could borrow 20k from everyone standing around the area.

WTF!!!! What the hell are you doing out of the backyard at level one? So we basically told her where to go.

Shift-Lft click on those beggers, sometimes their proffesionals.

OH! ohohoh, this happened just 2 nights ago too, and this **** really pisses me off. Some idiot started screaming in trade, for a good 10 f'kin minutes.

"LEND ME 5 MILLION FOR A YALM!!! I'D GO GET THE MONEY MYSELF, BUT ALL THE MISSIONS ARE TO PLACES I CANT GET TO!!!" ect ect ect.

Uh ya... I'm going to lend a complete stranger 5 million creds on the OFF CHANCE that I'll ever hear from them again. RIGHT!!!! I swear i see this begging for a yalm thing every couple of weeks... GET SOME F"KING COMMON SENCE G*DDAMMIT!!!!! Join a guild, make some friends, and THEN ask them to lend you the money for a yalm. GEEZ! Idiots....

-Sand

Angry I know a begger......

He was telling me how did he beg and how much he begged.....

He is now hundred times richer than I do when I do missions and make $ as hard as I can.......
    He even begged that much that he could afford a yalm while I can't afford it in next few month.

I hate beggers.....but that seems to be a smarter way to start.

Smarter for your wallet, maybe?
    But what about your integrity?.......

I despise beggars, they are the weak link in our proud Omni cities, they should be terminated, stripped and sent over to the stinkin clans
    220/27/62 Crat | 200 NT | 200 fixer |174/14/42 twink trox nt| 100/12 trader| 60/6 enf|

Total levels gained since nov 2002 |2500+ |

7 years to ding 220, any better?

When someone begs from me, I give them a number of credits equal to their level and the words, "Go get a mission and earn it like the rest of us."
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I read this post and didnt think much of it at the time. Funny thing is i happened to log and and go do some shopping for my lower alt. I have most my money on my high lvl enforcer alt who is 168 lvl. Im running around minding my own business and bump into a begger. Probably get picked on becuase of my lvl etc. Well out of curiousity i tell him ill give him 200k in exhange i just wanted to ask him a honest question. He makes the deal and i ask him how much he makes a day. After i give him the money, he tells me including myself that by sticking to higher lvl characters he can pull 3-4 million begging full time at lvl 9!!!! sheesh.
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

hehe... just a follow up....

Man i should have rolled a Begger and just gave up on all my Alts.

what other character can pull 4 million a day at that lvl.

While i pour money into my alts he makes just as much as i spend.
    Biffatnugly 200 Enforcer
    ->Stats 150 Engineer
    Jadeivy 98 Doctor
    Jamms 40 Keeper
    Zipsky 20 Martial-Artist

I had a guy try to beg cash from me in FT a while back. He was guilded and wearing a nice Decus coat, so I had to ask, how is it you're so broke with all that stuff? "My guild never gives me anything!" Well then where did you get that nice coat? "It was the only gift they ever gave me!"

Long story short I told him to take off the coat before he goes begging, and I traded him 1 credit. He yelled and called me various nasty names, but he still took my 1 credit
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

The other day I ran into a player who threw me a line sounding somewhat along the lines to "Hi there, Inanis. Would you be so kind as to lend me 5k so I can get me some armor?"
    /bow

I thought "hey, why not just this once, seeing as he was so polite and all."

2 seconds later I get "Thank you very much. Could I also have 15k for implants? I am in need of an upgrade, you see."
    /scratch

I thought the response was abit fast..
    Then it occured to me, these were all deliberate macros he was throwing at players, using"Hi there, %t" etc.

So how lame is that? begging macros?

[Inanis rolls her eyes and leaves the room.]

I really hate it when I get clanners that beg for money..

it's like, Hello?.. I'm omni.. get a clue or something
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

If you don't care what people think of you... go ahead beg. I'd just as soon spend hours earning it, making a few friends allong the way and having fun. Y'know, actually playing the game!
    I mean c'mon, they didn't do such a fine job making this game so people could spend their time begging.

I'm new to AO but I've played Everquest before, and I know the money that can be made from begging (this post shows many fine examples of the cash to be made). But I think its degrading to oneself to do nothing but beg, and it pisses people off. I've been given money a couple of times, when people I meet and talk with wish to help me out (usually after one of my many newbie questions when I was first learning the game), but I've never asked and never will. Besides, I'd rather slag monsters and such to make it... It's more fun.

(am I allowed to use the word 'slag' in this forrum )

Re: I'm on to them

Originally posted by Gracecup
    I think they're actually Funcom employees hired to act as money sinks in game to counter the inflating economy.
    Oh my.. LOL That was a good laugh thanks

I actually had a player send me a tell saying "Hey.. can you lend me some money. I just made my QL 125 implants and Im broke!"

Sigh...
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

Angry Re: I'm on to them

Originally posted by Gracecup
    This is actually sounding more sensible from what i've read so far!

Don't you just hate it? You know its coming....

Low level runs partly past you when your sat sorting your inventory

Scum : Hi
    Kissy shouts : hi
    Scum : Can you do me a favour?
    Kissy : sure thing (desperately hoping for a muleing task[i really actually don't mind doing them at all])
    Scum : Could you spare a few cred's for a noob?
    Scum : Your very high level
    Kissy : Your level 2, you don't need creds
    Scum : F*ck you you f*cking f*cker

I have that conversation 2 or three times a day
    Riders of the Lost Org

i like beggars.

i like to see them cop an attitude when i hand them 1 credit.

Re: Re: I'm on to them

Originally posted by Kissysuzuki

This is actually sounding more sensible from what i've read so far!

Don't you just hate it? You know its coming....

Low level runs partly past you when your sat sorting your inventory

Scum : Hi
    Kissy shouts : hi
    Scum : Can you do me a favour?
    Kissy : sure thing (desperately hoping for a muleing task[i really actually don't mind doing them at all])
    Scum : Could you spare a few cred's for a noob?
    Scum : Your very high level
    Kissy : Your level 2, you don't need creds
    Scum : F*ck you you f*cking f*cker

I have that conversation 2 or three times a day
    This type of conversation has become so common, I've actually macroed it on my shortcut bar!

I get the EXACT same thing, and response (recorded) is "Given you credits will not 'help' you at all. If you need advice as a new player on how to make money, please feel free to ask".

I like making bets with my friends as to whether the guy that just walked up to me and bowed/saluted wants money, buffs or both. These beggars have really turned me off to the REAL people that need help, advice, transfers, whatnot...

Oh well, just a game I guess

Provisioner
    Trader: The trader is the most trade-skill oriented of all professions.

If no one ever gave them any credits it would stop.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast