Thread: Some mobs ignore calms!

Some mobs ignore calms!

I've seen it several times the last days. I'm and adventurer and can only use calms (or is it mezzes? ) when mob is out of fight.

Typical scenario:
    Red enforcer. Calm and run out of range so he cannot hit me and break the calm. Now when I get within range again, I get the "xxx attacks" message. I've tried to zone after calming to break any aggro, and mobs STILL attacks on sight (brown shimmering still around it).

So far I've seen this on enforcer and trader type mobs.

I've noticed this on all types of mobs since 14.4.

I run into a room, calm a mob, stand there for a few seconds, then the mob starts attacking me. If they dont notice you immediatly after you calm them, they dont calm. I orginally though this was because of the new adv calms (I'm a trader) to give them a sorta grace period so their calms would be more effective, but from what you're saying it's not.

This could be a bug. Maybe funcom's way of cutting down on calm blitzing. It could be a lagg between server and client, but I never had this before 14.4, and I havent noticed anymore lagg than normal since then.

Edit: Also noticed when this happens, the calm only acts as a root.
    "I would rather die on my feet than to live on my knees" --Emiliano Zapata

Yeah, that's it they do seem like roots.

I didn't start noticing this untill a few days ago. Could be because I didn't use them very much before recently when I've done alot of solo missions.

By the way, they are all deep orange/red mobs (again probably bacause I've only done those mobs the past few days...). Is there some kind of timed check on the calms? Like on MOBS discovering you while sneaking or the lockpicks?

I just noticed this playing yesterday. My lvl 137 trader was running through a lvl 137 mission to get the reward for a guildmember. about 10% of the mobs in the mission would ignore the calms. Now, my trader had the top two drains running and was casting the top trader calm on all the mobs. The mob would stop attacking and get the brown shimmering visual effect but would soon attack me afterwards when I was in the next room. It also did work as a root...the mob could not move at all but still was targeting me and shooting me when I returned to that room to recalm. The second time I calmed those mobs, they did remain calmed.

I mentioned this to my guild and they suggested that the calms were breaking. Now, I dont wear bracers when I calm missions due to the fact that they often break the calms. I also tried to cast a lower ql calm to see if it had broken and I got the "better program already running" message.

This is very annoying especially when I am 5 rooms past that mob and I have to go back and recalm every mob just to let me use a treatment kit
    Baloneypony - 205 Trader
    Metapony - 146 MP
    Baloneymon - 88 Keeper
    Ducksooop - 158 Doc
    Baloneydeath - 127 Advent
    Bureaupony - 89 Crat

Reflection spells definitely can break calms even when it doesn't appear that a monster has even attacked you. Don't get any reflect buffs or use reflect bracers when you are casting calm.

The only other time calm fails for me is if I cast calm on something then run out of the room quickly before the spell takes effect. If the monster can't see you when its time for the calm to take effect he will often stay aggro (but be rooted apparently) and you have to go back and recalm him.

*bump*

calming a mob that dont know your there will become a root when you are detected.

And most often that the case with Adventurer calms

*fix ASAP*