Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fix for BBI Faithful's LONNNNGGGGGG overdue!!!!!

WTF, they were in the shops last week, they must have killed them in that 'emergency patch'. }8(
    It ain't over till the fat lady falls on you.

I might have missed something but...

Since when where a pistol adv any good? (My adv is 112 using ql 120 BBI 100 x2)...when i crit, which is a very unique moment, i crit for 700 dam!!! woO0t!!! THANK YOU FUNCOM!
    lol screw BBI´s or improve them either way they suck big time atm

In another post i suggested thet you should "even out" the difference between swords and pistols for advs so it doesnt matter what way u choose...it would be more fun if us Pistols adventurers could get out of the gimp swamp soon =P

*Whine whine whine whine whine whine wine and some cheese whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine*
    Come out with your pants down!

It's looooong past due for this bug to be fixed. I for one might play my advent alt again if I know the ip I spend in ranged init would actually do me good.

Here's hoping they assign a single programmer for a couple hours to tracking down the bit of code which makes bbi's melee instead of ranged *crosses fingers*.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Re: I might have missed something but...

Originally posted by Daemonica
    Since when where a pistol adv any good? (My adv is 112 using ql 120 BBI 100 x2)...when i crit, which is a very unique moment, i crit for 700 dam!!! woO0t!!! THANK YOU FUNCOM!
    lol screw BBI´s or improve them either way they suck big time atm

In another post i suggested thet you should "even out" the difference between swords and pistols for advs so it doesnt matter what way u choose...it would be more fun if us Pistols adventurers could get out of the gimp swamp soon =P

*Whine whine whine whine whine whine wine and some cheese whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine*

Well part of your problem is you should be holding a higher QL set of BBI's. My adv has been using a QL124 and a QL111 at lvl 90.

Originally posted by Brembo
    They've been removed from the game. That's my estimate since I haven't found them in the Trader shops or in missions as drops or rewards.
    This is the Adv-only pistol? If so, I rolled and retrieved one (QL150) as a solo mission reward this past weekend. Additionally, I have "rolled past" several more.

If something different, I apologize in advance.

Martek

My character is a lvl 87 adv and i have a lvl 98 22 and a lvl 113 100, I crit for anywhere from 750 to 900. So you must be doing something wrong if your only criting for 700 with that level.

Actually i think that deamonica was the one who gave me my first bbi's. lol

Originally posted by Spook
    Just bloody stupid placing those guns that adv need in a shop they can´t access. How are adv to know that or even window shopping (checking skill req etc) in a shop they don´t have access to.
    And then on top of that you need to run down a trader to buy your gun in an unknown location (to get right QL).

Question: Do anyone at FC actualy try out this game?
    Hmm I have trader friends, and I thought it was a cute idea, like the fixer stuff, it gets you to meet more people, and enhances the economy (ok they were given to me, I admit it)...I got to visit 2ho for a reason other than getting shot :P

So.... option 1: wait for the fix, or do what I did:
    Option 2, get a River Seasons (better averages than some blades) or a desert reet, or my fave for missions, the Archibald Kolt. They give +2-3% xp bonuses and are quite a bit faster anyway
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

get a targeting scope

I use a crit 3 LLTS, I bought before they went the way of the dodo, and I always crit every battle, with fast pistols I get 3 crits.

With missle pistols it was just awesome.

But crits go down when fighting even and orange con monsters, forget reds.

yes i know my BBI´s are too low ql.....i got a pair of BBI 750 ql 200 too dam 1-400 something thats nice...requires pistol skill 900 something...thats lesser nice =P oh and multi wield 1000+
    It seems like its only ql 200ish BBI`s worth using still crap crits however....and omg omg omg omg olmg omgomgorgmprogmfgmrofgdf whats the point with pit lizard when u pvp better with sabretooth? big phat dragon vs cat.....winner is cat?! woO0t Thank you Funcom!
    Come out with your pants down!

I re-rolled my melee Adv to use pistols sometime ago when my melee Adv was involved in a fatal IPR Bug/Reset and was not rolled back by tech support.

(I will not rehash the story, it was a lesson in misery versus customer support and I quit AO for sometime afterwards. It would seem they quietly 'fixed' this non-existant IPR Graphical Glitch with this last patch.)

...but I digress....I LOVE my Solitus Adventuress much more than my wimpy Opti anyhow.

I re-rolled a 'Pistol Packing' red haired Solitus to replace my milky-skinned Optifex.

I knew BBI's were junk months ago, I know they are still junk and I sadly shake my head when I see any Adventurer use them, especially post level 90. From day one, I was hell-bent on equipping Kaen-Archibalds, which came up nicely on tests ran by the weapons generator at auno.org. I must say, I have never once regretted the decision to use them over BBI's.

At level 133, I pack a QL 169 (soon to be a Ql 188 Kaen) in my right and a Ql 142 in my oft hand. I do precisely 6k'ish of damage every 10 seconds, and that dose'nt count crits. I generally crit for 1200-1500 at *least* once per fight. These numbers are on Ql 175+ MOBs in team missions.

Just to make sure I could STILL do it, I soloed a 60% solo mission two days ago with these guns. Now, don't get me wrong, I am well aware of the fact Enforcers or Soldiers or MAs do more damage, but thats not what an Adventurer is about afterall.

Adventurers...adventure. We pack pistols or swords, we can carry our own weight and take care of ourselves, but we excel most at supporting a team.

I would also like to add, I now have shottie just about maxed and plan on testing out the new Vultures. I am all for trying something new instead of walking around looking like everyone else and using the same armor/weapon scheme.

BBI's are old, they are not working and it's a lesson in pain to continue to use them then complain about them knowing this.

Kaen's are readily available as mission rewards, I always planned ahead, rolling missions for guns I would not need for 5-10 levels, but blitzing them anyhow for the future. As with all weapons, always equip guns that match your skill levels (with buffs and/or slight wrangles) to use, you will always benefit greatly from this sort of planning and still remain non-OE.

I hope this helps some floundering new Adventurers out there, I know I learned the very hardest way possible and lost alot of time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Kaen-Archibalds, I see no one using them and I chuckle. They are fast, they do nice, SOLID, even damage, they have % and range Init boosts, they crit nicely and often and more importantly, they WORK off of ranged init, unlike BBI's. and are available through missions.

I am available in game for any help or advice, I have changed a few people's minds with my 'Crazy Ideas', so if anyone ever needs an answer to a pistol Adventurer related question, give me a tell in game.

~Filigree
    133 Leet Rolling Adventuress, RK2
    Conquistador Coffee, Inc.

"Please take a free sample of delicious Conquistador Brand Coffee, You will never be able to drink anything else again.....or else"

Originally posted by Daemonica

It seems like its only ql 200ish BBI`s worth using still crap crits however....

My pistol Advent uses BBI's as well. You don't depend on crits if you're using BBI's. They're supposed to have high average damage/low crit. And they do.

Gotta fix that stupid init problem, though. I'm sad to see it isn't coming in 14.5.

Does this include a fix for bows aswell? I am to afraid to put any ip into any inits, as they are likly to change anyways
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12