Thread: Accusations and Conspiracies

Accusations and Conspiracies

FJRK - 21st September 29479

FJRK - The Clan leaders of Rubi-Ka have today finally released official reaction to the ongoing and unfounded accusations that Omni-Tek have fired at the Clans in recent months since the Assassination attempt on Philip Ross.

Speaking via Gridfeed from the Council of Truth Chamber Simon Silverstone, Alex Jacobi and the Avalon Knights spokesperson Sir Tristan issued the following joint statement on behalf of the council:

“Free citizens of Rubi-Ka,

The recent thinly veiled accusations that the clans were in some way responsible for the unfortunate attack on Philip Ross has now reached a point where we feel that direct action is now called for in proving to all interested parties that such an attack was not sanctioned by the Council or independently by any associated Clan.

However it is painfully apparent that we cannot prove our own ‘innocence’ to any level that would satisfy the conspiracy theorists within the ranks at Omni-Tek. To this end we ask the co-operation of all able-bodied free citizens to help discover the identity of the attackers.

Omni-Tek has had some months to find the culprits but their security forces have come up with no tangible leads or hard evidence.

Furthermore it is not for a lack of evidence!

Our intelligence officers have provided evidence that the Omni-Tek facility in the Longest Road has in some manner been linked to many of the strange events of late. Given that we don’t want to be guilty of the same sins we cite Omni-Tek as being guilty of, namely baseless allegations, we urge free citizens to center their investigations on this location.

This facility has been known to operate outside of the direct control of Omni-Tek for some time, something the council has repeatedly asked for clarification on. We are even aware of frequent police action by Omni-Tek employees against the facility so we would like to make it clear at this juncture that we are not accusing Omni-Tek of anything, simply requesting that our citizens aid us in finding the criminals responsible for the attack on Philip Ross.

Simon Silverstone – Clan Sentinels
    Alan Jacobi – Clan Vanguard
    Sir Tristram – Knights of Avalon
    Council of Truth”

Such a statement signed by all three lead representatives of the clans is almost unprecedented and is surely a sign of the pressures being felt on all sides to resolve the mystery of the Ross assassination.

We would urge the free citizens amongst our readers to listen to our leaders and take the direct action required to help calm the current tensions on Rubi-Ka!

Omni-Tek has had some months to find the culprits but their security forces have come up with no tangible leads or hard evidence.
    Omni-Tek's security forces have most certainly come up with tangible leads. What the Clan fail to comprehend, as they always fail to comprehend, is that Omni-Tek DOES NOT answer to them. Period. This goes doubly so for matters of such a sensitive nature.

Unlike the Clans, Omni-Tek does not operate in a disorganized manner where the voices of "conspiricy theorists" reflect or have an influence on overall Corporate policy. The official Omni-Tek investigation on this matter has lead us on paths of inquiry which the Clans are entirely unaware of, and at this point the Clans as a whole are not the primary suspects.

Interference in this investigation will not be tolerated. Unfortunately, given this statement from influential Clan leaders it seems that interference is unavoidable. I can easily envision our forces in the process of termin... arresting the reponsible parties only to have a force of clansmen swoop in to "liberate" them from Omni-Tek "oppression". This will, of course, not be tolerated.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK
    However it is painfully apparent that we cannot prove our own ‘innocence’ to any level that would satisfy the conspiracy theorists within the ranks at Omni-Tek.
    [...]
    This facility has been known to operate outside of the direct control of Omni-Tek for some time, something the council has repeatedly asked for clarification on. We are even aware of frequent police action by Omni-Tek employees against the facility so we would like to make it clear at this juncture that we are not accusing Omni-Tek of anything, simply requesting that our citizens aid us in finding the criminals responsible for the attack on Philip Ross.
    First, conspiracy theorists will not be likely to accept evidence not supporting their theories, that has always been the case. When said theories suggest an enemy as the culprit such evidence will almost be guaranteed to not be accepted, as it now goes against both the theory and the core beliefs of the conspiracy theorist.
    Second, I doubt that OT will be too happy about clanners having officially to help clear up another OT mess, hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    What the Clan fail to comprehend, as they always fail to comprehend, is that Omni-Tek DOES NOT answer to them. Period. This goes doubly so for matters of such a sensitive nature.

Unlike the Clans, Omni-Tek does not operate in a disorganized manner where the voices of "conspiricy theorists" reflect or have an influence on overall Corporate policy. The official Omni-Tek investigation on this matter has lead us on paths of inquiry which the Clans are entirely unaware of, and at this point the Clans as a whole are not the primary suspects.

Interference in this investigation will not be tolerated. Unfortunately, given this statement from influential Clan leaders it seems that interference is unavoidable. I can easily envision our forces in the process of termin... arresting the reponsible parties only to have a force of clansmen swoop in to "liberate" them from Omni-Tek "oppression". This will, of course, not be tolerated.
    If OT attempts to operate in clan territory they will be resisted unless they can provide clear and unequivocal evidence that they're indeed hunting the right person, rest assured. We do not take kindly to our people being killed left and right without cause. I believe that OT holds the same attitude.
    So yes, OT does answer to the clans when it has to do with cross-border operation as indeed the clans anser to OT when the situation is reversed. Or at least, that's how it should be, we have far too many criminals making money from this war and they need to be culled.
    And yes, these operations will be interfered with, unless as I said OT can provide evidence that they're indeed not only necessary but also on-target.

And indeed OT policies can be influenced by conspiracy theorists, it's just a matter of their position in the corporation. And don't forget, the suits without combat knowledge aren't the most likely to prevent battes from occurring, same as the old generals that only remember "the good old days" and forget the pain and the screams and the fresh graves.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

They mean well I am sure. However, I think the best thing they could do were to take a step back and let Omni Tek investigate the area unhindered and undisturbed.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

I can easily envision our forces in the process of termin... arresting the reponsible parties only to have a force of clansmen swoop in to "liberate" them from Omni-Tek "oppression". This will, of course, not be tolerated.
    To make claims such as this you have to know who committed the assassination. So who was it? Who would you be arresting? Please tell us, all knowing high lord ruler of Rubi-Ka who it was that assassinated Mr. Ross.

Oh...Dont forget you need proof, Thanks!

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Quote Originally Posted by Fixerben
    To make claims such as this you have to know who committed the assassination. So who was it? Who would you be arresting? Please tell us, all knowing high lord ruler of Rubi-Ka who it was that assassinated Mr. Ross.

Oh...Dont forget you need proof, Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobstroud
    Omni-Tek's security forces have most certainly come up with tangible leads. What the Clan fail to comprehend, as they always fail to comprehend, is that Omni-Tek DOES NOT answer to them. Period. This goes doubly so for matters of such a sensitive nature.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Not to pick holes in your statement Mr Stroud, we may not be the main suspects to this for your investigation, but we're definately one of them. Regardless; I'm willing to bet that if no tangeable leads crop up in your investigation that you'll just slap the blame on the clans because it's so easy to do. After all, we don't wash, therefore we're evil...
    "One can spend their entire life searching for the answer to the question why. But even a life exausted with no answer, is not a life wasted."

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I feel the need to point something out. The attempted assassination of Mr. Ross, despite the high profile nature, is still an Omni-tek matter (onr I would consider an *internal* matter at that). As such, I have a hard time understanding why anyone expects Omni-Pol to release ANY information to the general public regarding their leads before the investigation is finished.

If the clans truly wish to help find the person(s) responsible, perhaps they should attempt to contact Omni-Pol officials and offer to condict mirroring investigations within clan territory?
    Hunter "Odds" Clemente - Omni-Tek Fixer ((RK2)) and Head of Rubi-ka Gridcom

On a principle I would agree it's an internal Omni-Tek matter, but it seems they have already burried poor Mr. Ross, so to speak. Zora ain't adresses as acting director and OT don't seem to regard this investigation as priority. It doesn't suprise me too much, since all OT dealings to personal was as dispensable resource. And we all know value of human life compared to that of Notum. Too bad for a man that lead one side of conflict for countless years.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

That says tangible leads...not that they know exactly who did it. There is a huge difference between inferences and facts.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Quote Originally Posted by PoorOdds
    As such, I have a hard time understanding why anyone expects Omni-Pol to release ANY information to the general public regarding their leads before the investigation is finished.

If the clans truly wish to help find the person(s) responsible, perhaps they should attempt to contact Omni-Pol officials and offer to condict mirroring investigations within clan territory?
    Noone has said that OT should make anything publicly available, but if they want to interview any clanner, or arrest anyone on Clan soil, they should secure cooperation from the Clan leaders in the area of interest.
    Given that the conflict is once again escalating when we should be pooling our ressources to fight off those pesky aliens I don't think there'd be too much trouble, although some is to be expected. Much like if Clans wanted to catch some terrorist hiding out in an OT area.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    [...] if they want to interview any clanner, or arrest anyone on Clan soil, they should secure cooperation from the Clan leaders in the area of interest.
    That's akin to the point I was trying to make. In any case, I was responding to those who seemed to be implying more information should be made public regarding the investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorOdds
    That's akin to the point I was trying to make. In any case, I was responding to those who seemed to be implying more information should be made public regarding the investigation.
    Sorry, I may have misread you.

Noone in their right mind will release information to the public about current leads in a criminal investigation unless for very specific purposes - ie disinformation. (Press releases tend to make me su****ious, hehe. I've been too long in this world of deceit, strange agreements, backstabbing and such, I guess.. )

On the other hand it's sometimes a good idea to be somewhat more open, especially when the situation is as tense as the case is now here on Rubi-Ka.. If more people can be convinced that OT actually really want to catch the right perpetrator rather than the usual scapegoat, then the whole thing might go a little smoother. Although I concede that there are an unfortunate number of diehard antagonists on all three sides so it will still be exceedingly difficult.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    If more people can be convinced that OT actually really want to catch the right perpetrator rather than the usual scapegoat, then the whole thing might go a little smoother. Although I concede that there are an unfortunate number of diehard antagonists on all three sides so it will still be exceedingly difficult.
    Well said, and sums up nicely how I feel about it.
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

In entering the game following the information pertaining to it....shape your future, win a war I find this not quite a true description.

If the game is following a dedicated storyline, the clans have allready lost regardless what efforts we exert.
    If ALL clans tonight massed in one big onslaught and totally wiped out Omni tech we still have not won the war as per storyline we are following a PREDETERMINED destiny of failure.

Why is an NPC controling the outcome ? The players should control their own fate by their own actions, not actions of a few role players following a dedicated storyline.

Let the game run its own course with our destiny in our own control.

Quote Originally Posted by Armedeus1
    In entering the game following the information pertaining to it....shape your future, win a war I find this not quite a true description.

If the game is following a dedicated storyline, the clans have allready lost regardless what efforts we exert.
    If ALL clans tonight massed in one big onslaught and totally wiped out Omni tech we still have not won the war as per storyline we are following a PREDETERMINED destiny of failure.

Why is an NPC controling the outcome ? The players should control their own fate by their own actions, not actions of a few role players following a dedicated storyline.

Let the game run its own course with our destiny in our own control.

[OOC Sorry Armedeus, anyone who knows the ending isnt talking so no one knows how this game is going to end, also this is an in charecter forum, sorry if i seem like some rp cop, but this is not a bunch of players talking about what has happened in the game, but people who are talking about what is going on in their life, how they feel about it and what they think. Think about it as a bunch of people talking about the news. Also our actions, more so with LE coming out, will help shape the future of this game.]
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com