Thread: "He's not very big is he?" the bio of Malcom Neblett aka Dr Tiny

"He's not very big is he?" the bio of Malcom Neblett aka Dr Tiny

Omni-Med cloning facilities, Rome, Rubi-Ka
    27 years ago

The cell mass had been growing now for some months now, a living man-made construct suspended in a 'soup' of amino acids, sugars and minerals. It had developed organs, organs and brain, soon it would be released from its plasteel womb and breathe the air of Rubi-Ka with its own newly formed lungs. I say an it, but no more was it an it, it was a he. in fact that he was me, Malcom Neblett aka Dr Tiny and this is my story.

Like all people on this planet I was grown in a vat by Omni-Tek scientists for a specific purpose. My genome had been enhaced with the substance we call notum, by a twist of fate I require this to live and can not leave Rubi-ka the planet we call home. I do not mind, I love this planet dearly. However, I am digressing. I was created, how I hate that term at time, to be a doctor, a healer, a giver of life. To heal miners injured in the notum mines. My destiny had been decided for me before my first cell even existed. Well not everything can be predetermined. Do not get me wrong I love being a healer but I would have liked to arrive here my own way. Perhaps I have now though.

My childhood was spent being schooled in the scientific and medical arts, I call them arts for I truly feel they are. Living arts, what could be more inspiring than seeing a fully recovered unijured person? someone who was on the brink of death? what can be more fulfilling than knowing you were the one who allowed that person to live. Art is there to inspire and fulfill, science and medicine do the same for me.

At the age of 16 I was enrolled in the Omni-Med Medical School in the metropolis of Omni1. I was a very talented pupil, how could I not be? Frequently top of my class in all subjects I was almost the perfect student. My professors heaped lavish praise on my work ethic and knowledge. By the age of 20 i was conducting independent research in the Medical-Biochemistry labs of the school. I have several minor breakthroughs accredited to my name still.

I was almost the perfect student, almost though. Like all gems i had a hidden flaw, if flaw you can call it. I am a humanitarian, i am programmed to look after my fellow humans. I riled at the way Omni-Tek exploited its workers. My professors despaired at my inability to 'toe the company line'. I was unfulfilled working for Omni-Tek, i wished to help all of human kind and it was not going to happen there. I still believe this to this day, but perhaps my feels have softened a little, perhaps.

I knew I had to leave, the clans looked like they might be a home for me. With the help of a fixer known as Zokathra we altered my medical records so Omni-Tek could not 'recreate' me again should i befall any 'accident'. Indeed to this day my genome print contains a rather derogatory phrase directed at Omni-Tek. The next day I left and headed north feeling I would find sanctuary with the Clans.

The journey north was a hard one, Omni-Tek sent one person after me to return me to the fold. It was the first time I killed. I knew I could not go back there. As I headed north I arrived at Borealis, the first free city I had come across. The beauty of the terrain captivated me, and the cosmopolitan nature of the populus of Borealis and nearby Newland delighted me. I spent some time loitering in the streets of these two cities helping those I could.

I met my good friend Javaschick in Borealis and we soon built a strong friendship. She was always strong headed, far more than me and she joined the clans, i however liked my neutral lifestyle. But Java and myself remained friends and were often in each others company, possibly causing some gossip. We developed a strong understanding for each other and became a very powerful combination in battle, her 'nukes' and my heals.

We met many other friends a lot of whom are still my strongest friends on Rubi-Ka to this day, Nelida, Jennii, Seij, Hawk, Piercingevil, Soulreaver, Tammeera and many others. We formed a strong group, all willing to, as Java put it to "fight for what is right". They were all Clan members and tried daly to persuade me to join them. However, I felt I had no home in the clans and I was happier being able to help all who needed it, be they employees of Omni-Tek or the members of the rebel clans. My heart is occasionally drawn north and perhaps one day I may go, but for now I am happy to be neutral and help all in need.

My stay in Borealis led me to meet Nyadach and Silenna, together with other neutral individuals we started The Independent Rubi-Kans. I was and still am an advisor for that group. Dedicating myself to aiding its members and their friends. I even led the group at one stage, but I feel I am a better leutenant than a leader.

Well that is my story, It is long in the telling. But then all lives are. Now if you will excuse me another patient has called me.

Talking

Incredible story Doctor. Keep them coming.

Re: "He's not very big is he?" the bio of Malcom Neblett aka Dr Tiny

Very nice Doc! I so fondly recall our youth and chasing each other, with Java and friends, across the great expanses of of northern Rubika...terribly glad you finally bought a Yalm...*giggles* Those sure were carefree times, much different than these, our adult years, with so many responsibilities. Oh to recapture the innocence of our youth...

Lonely cicada
    Fiegning a challenge to the
    Rainy-moon

Originally posted by Dr Tiny
    Omni-Med cloning facilities, Rome, Rubi-Ka
    27 years ago

The cell mass had been growing now for some months now, a living man-made construct suspended in a 'soup' of amino acids, sugars and minerals. It had developed organs, organs and brain, soon it would be released from its plasteel womb and breathe the air of Rubi-Ka with its own newly formed lungs. I say an it, but no more was it an it, it was a he. in fact that he was me, Malcom Neblett aka Dr Tiny and this is my story.

Like all people on this planet I was grown in a vat by Omni-Tek scientists for a specific purpose. My genome had been enhaced with the substance we call notum, by a twist of fate I require this to live and can not leave Rubi-ka the planet we call home. I do not mind, I love this planet dearly. However, I am digressing. I was created, how I hate that term at time, to be a doctor, a healer, a giver of life. To heal miners injured in the notum mines. My destiny had been decided for me before my first cell even existed. Well not everything can be predetermined. Do not get me wrong I love being a healer but I would have liked to arrive here my own way. Perhaps I have now though.

My childhood was spent being schooled in the scientific and medical arts, I call them arts for I truly feel they are. Living arts, what could be more inspiring than seeing a fully recovered unijured person? someone who was on the brink of death? what can be more fulfilling than knowing you were the one who allowed that person to live. Art is there to inspire and fulfill, science and medicine do the same for me.

At the age of 16 I was enrolled in the Omni-Med Medical School in the metropolis of Omni1. I was a very talented pupil, how could I not be? Frequently top of my class in all subjects I was almost the perfect student. My professors heaped lavish praise on my work ethic and knowledge. By the age of 20 i was conducting independent research in the Medical-Biochemistry labs of the school. I have several minor breakthroughs accredited to my name still.

I was almost the perfect student, almost though. Like all gems i had a hidden flaw, if flaw you can call it. I am a humanitarian, i am programmed to look after my fellow humans. I riled at the way Omni-Tek exploited its workers. My professors despaired at my inability to 'toe the company line'. I was unfulfilled working for Omni-Tek, i wished to help all of human kind and it was not going to happen there. I still believe this to this day, but perhaps my feels have softened a little, perhaps.

I knew I had to leave, the clans looked like they might be a home for me. With the help of a fixer known as Zokathra we altered my medical records so Omni-Tek could not 'recreate' me again should i befall any 'accident'. Indeed to this day my genome print contains a rather derogatory phrase directed at Omni-Tek. The next day I left and headed north feeling I would find sanctuary with the Clans.

The journey north was a hard one, Omni-Tek sent one person after me to return me to the fold. It was the first time I killed. I knew I could not go back there. As I headed north I arrived at Borealis, the first free city I had come across. The beauty of the terrain captivated me, and the cosmopolitan nature of the populus of Borealis and nearby Newland delighted me. I spent some time loitering in the streets of these two cities helping those I could.

I met my good friend Javaschick in Borealis and we soon built a strong friendship. She was always strong headed, far more than me and she joined the clans, i however liked my neutral lifestyle. But Java and myself remained friends and were often in each others company, possibly causing some gossip. We developed a strong understanding for each other and became a very powerful combination in battle, her 'nukes' and my heals.

We met many other friends a lot of whom are still my strongest friends on Rubi-Ka to this day, Nelida, Jennii, Seij, Hawk, Piercingevil, Soulreaver, Tammeera and many others. We formed a strong group, all willing to, as Java put it to "fight for what is right". They were all Clan members and tried daly to persuade me to join them. However, I felt I had no home in the clans and I was happier being able to help all who needed it, be they employees of Omni-Tek or the members of the rebel clans. My heart is occasionally drawn north and perhaps one day I may go, but for now I am happy to be neutral and help all in need.

My stay in Borealis led me to meet Nyadach and Silenna, together with other neutral individuals we started The Independent Rubi-Kans. I was and still am an advisor for that group. Dedicating myself to aiding its members and their friends. I even led the group at one stage, but I feel I am a better leutenant than a leader.

Well that is my story, It is long in the telling. But then all lives are. Now if you will excuse me another patient has called me.