Thread: Any more PF changes/Dungeons ?

Any more PF changes/Dungeons ?

If im bored of missions and dont want to do anymore what can i do?

5 dungeons - camped by red con 120+ players, no matter the level of dungeon. I went into Steps of Madness whilst mobs were green to me, the whole place was full of people killing what are grey cons to them, some would even kill the ones we were.

Outdoor hunting - Andromeda.

Thats... um... it. Levels 1 - 200, which were meant to take 4 years to do, sees 5 completly camped dungeons shared by the entire population of RK1, or 1 zone.

Other outdoor hunting is random clusters of iceskating mobs.

Wheres all the life in the outdoor zones ? Why arent there any NPCs explaining what the places are (all those towns, military bases, mines, weird structures, parks etc) why are the mobs randomly placed in a certain area and just iceskate about rather than placed in a specific way so we can strategise ways to pull a camp ?

I would like to see the towns populated, and the 'camps' given more life, and set up in a structured manner, guardmobs on the entrance, mobs patrolling round the camp itself, a boss in the middle with his own guards. Monsters can also be placed more logically outdoors, woods full of wolves, vultures clustered around a high cliff, grassy plains populated by Golfes with the occasional predator cat, criminal type npc's in isolated refuges, anun tearers in certain places etc..

Now, if we are in a wolf area and we have a mission in a cave, why isnt the mission a cave type full of wolves? If you do a mission in a cyborg base, why isnt it the base style mission populated by cyborgs ? Little touches like that would make the world all so much more believable.

I *really* hope Shadowlands just isnt more dead and deserted places with no soul, story and real identity to do missions in.

Im so sick of missions, this is my 3rd resubscription now, and like all the previous ones its fun for a few months and then you realise you cant face another mission.... and theres nothing else to do. The whole thing is beginning to feel like Nethack, random mobs in random missions, with random mobs scattered across the outdoor world.

We are led to believe that more boss camps will come, and maybe some other stuff relating to outdoor hunting.

But I agree, the world does seem a bit lifeless at times. More NPCs are also on the way thanks to FCs new conversation building tool. But we need some more NPCs who are just colour, who talk about the weather, or the latest fashions,...

And a bit more coherence to the outdoor MOBs would be nice, there are places where it works, but there are plenty more where it seems a bit more random.

I'd like to see more semi-dynamic stuff, spawns of omni & clan personnel that then fight each other, a trader and their guards attacked by bandits, big cats pack hunting, stuff like that. These would spawn randomly about the place and would help a lot in bringing the world to life.

And we need capturable outposts.

Very nice ideas, both of you.

Hope Funcom at least reads this, i dont expect em to post a "yes, good ideas, passed em to the devs!" tho :P

Back to top you go.

Rav