Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neutral rally in Newland City

Neutral rally in Newland City

On behalf of the Newland City Council, I invite all neutral leaders, interested neutrals and sympathizers, to a rally in Newland City.

Date and time: Saturday April 1, 21:00 GMT

I hope to see you all there.

Best regards,
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    Date and time: Saturday April 1, 21:00 GMT
    You do know Mr Spooky that said date is well, known for its practical jokes *raises an eyebrow* and I do have to wonder what Juju and the others in the Council will be up too? or am I just being too questionable here or something *shrug*.
    Last edited by Nyadach; Mar 27th, 2006 at 16:27:58.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I can assure you this is no joke, practical or otherwise. This just happens to be the best available date.

The topic, by the way, will be the presentation of a neutral manifesto. I’m sure you’ll agree this hardly is a joke.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

I'll be there.
    *pushes a button on a wrist mounted device and a blue holographic display flickers into view. He starts to quickly move his fingers around in thin air inside the hologram, then pushes the button again and the display blinks from view*

((I always miss these things, I'm going to have to staple a note to my forehead or something))
    So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory

So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    I can assure you this is no joke, practical or otherwise. This just happens to be the best available date.

The topic, by the way, will be the presentation of a neutral manifesto. I’m sure you’ll agree this hardly is a joke.
    Ah ok, will let you off just seemed an odd choice of days I guess. Take it was the only day Juju wasn't proping up a bar?
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Neutral Manifesto ........ I'm sorry I must have misheard you. Ahh you must have meant NEWLAND Maniefesto. Because I know that one town government wouldn't be brash enough to think they can speak for people outside their boarders.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Well negs, it is foremost a big neutral family meeting. We , as nooties, have things to discuss.

Of course, they will present the manifesto. It doesn't mean people have to sign it however. It's....*looks over his shoulder to see if yarko's around* a document in progress. It's also rather controversial, so the more people we get there, the better.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Quote Originally Posted by SirNegs
    Neutral Manifesto ........ I'm sorry I must have misheard you. Ahh you must have meant NEWLAND Maniefesto. Because I know that one town government wouldn't be brash enough to think they can speak for people outside their boarders.
    While I do agree with a "Neutral Manifesto" is kinda against the whole idea of being neutral. Once you make up something like that neutral starts becoming a "side" like omni and clan rather than being truly neutral. Wether you like it or not your under some sort of government. For us that government would be the ICC.
    So full of hate were our eyes
    That none of us could see
    Our war would yield countless dead
    But never victory

So let us cast arms aside
    And like discard our wrath
    Thou, in faith, will keep us safe
    Whilst we find the path

Quote Originally Posted by Jolos
    While I do agree with a "Neutral Manifesto" is kinda against the whole idea of being neutral. Once you make up something like that neutral starts becoming a "side" like omni and clan rather than being truly neutral. Wether you like it or not your under some sort of government. For us that government would be the ICC.
    First and foremost, it's a meeting of the neutral family. It's a chance to meet, and kibitz with other neutrals, and talk about issues we have to deal with. Yaroko will do his manifesto presentation, and we can all discuss it in a civil way ( instead of bashing people over the head or insulting them, savage-style)
    --
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    --

If it's supposedly just for the Neutral family ... only allow those that are neutral to attend. I don't see the Council of Truth or Omni-Tek allowing Neutrals to sit in on their meetings, regardless if we are friendly with them or not. They may be our friends, but they are certainly not our family.
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Indeed, but we have to show how we are doing, especially with recent events.
    I'm all up for making it neutral only but we have to force respect, and making it public will at least encourage Omni and Clan governments to open decent diplomatic channels with the Council or other neutrals.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker
    instead of bashing people over the head or insulting them, savage-style
    Hmm, why is it I've just seen an image from the future...oh say Saturday hehe. Must be Yarko's wierdy meta powers letting me see the future again

*reads manifesto from the future*
    Wow, have to admit Juju the statue of you outside the Bronto Burger is just a tad small aint it? but the gamblers and red light district in Newland looks good. Not sure about those 'trox in the fishnets...but guess that's your taste And sheesh, never knew you could do that with a Zix, and a banana
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun
    Indeed, but we have to show how we are doing, especially with recent events.
    I'm all up for making it neutral only but we have to force respect, and making it public will at least encourage Omni and Clan governments to open decent diplomatic channels with the Council or other neutrals.
    I can't believe I'm saying this but I partially agree with you. However, no we don't have to open it up ... let them come to us, we do not need to cater to them. We have it neutral only, talk about what we need to talk about, then maybe let them in if they want. If they are already getting all the information they need by openly held public meetings then what incentive does that give them to open up lines of communications? They are already getting their information and intelligence without having to lift a finger. If they want a relationship, make them work for it. We do not need to beg for their assistance.
    Last edited by SirNegs; Mar 28th, 2006 at 23:18:20.

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Neutral Political Structure

Quote Originally Posted by Jolos
    I'm not sure where the idea of neutrals not being a "side" comes from, but being Neutral is a side. It is choosing to abstain from the Clan/Omni Freedom Wars, and to be a part of the Neutral community that has grown up around those who do not participate in this conflict.. Sometimes we come into conflict with the Clans or Omni-Tek over economic issues, but we aren't participatory in the on going conflict they have running dealing with issues of Omni-Tek political control over the Clans.

It does not mean that we lack a governmental structure. Neutrals have almost always been governed by elected city councils and the guild organizations. Together, the organizations and the councils have tried to act together for the good of all Neutrals. The ICC is here and appreciated, but they do not represent our governmental structure. When was the last time you voted for someone in the ICC?

Now, back to the topic at hand. The Neutral Manifesto will be proposed to the Neutral Organizations as a talking point for discussing our political, economic, and military situation. If ratified, it would be binding upon those city groups and organizations that sign onto the Manifesto. Since it being written to encompass the Neutral community as a whole, it is a Neutral Manifesto, rather than a Newland Manifesto.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeloth
    Since it being written to encompass the Neutral community as a whole, it is a Neutral Manifesto, rather than a Newland Manifesto.
    That is where the problems lies. Are Yarko and crew proposing this as part of their own Neutral Organisations, or as a Newland Council? A Pact between organisations can be made and such, however, I for one will refuse to sign anything that gives the Newland Council sweeping authority to all things on the Neutral Agenda. They were not elected by all Neutrals, but those that are citizens of Newland, they have no legitmate claim on affairs outside of Newland.

I will also refuse to sign anything that does not let allied organisations legitimately represent themselves. I will not have a team of a few people in Newland speaking for Exalted. If anything a coallition between all Neutrals need to be formed and act as its own separate entity, where in the Newland Council can be just one voice among it.

((read Newland Council acting like a Legacy Clan org that the CoT uses ... not a Council of Truth Equivilant))
    Last edited by SirNegs; Mar 29th, 2006 at 23:41:31.

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

((read Newland Council acting like a Legacy Clan org that the CoT uses ... not a Council of Truth Equivilant))
    Main problem is that the nooties are not that organised. i mean hell, i've gotta go around and talk to all these people on the streets about the meeting, because nobody knows, you know? The neutrals are not organised in a rather strict sense of the word, we're mostly reactionary when outside influences start messing up with us.

Even if people diss completely the manifesto ( and i am open/ready to everything, including catastrophe ) i see some good in getting a big pow-wow of neutrals together to discuss issues, if only to get a glimpse of the state of the family.

You have to understand that back in the days, it was pretty much a "everybody knows everybody" situation, and the old school people mixed with the new people and that was all fine and dandy. Since then, i've seen a general break in this great tradition and now there is distrust between the old school side of the family, and the new young punks that nobody really knows inside the great nootie family.

I really hope to see you at the meeting negs... there's gonna be some things to discuss.
    --
    --

--

If anything a coallition between all Neutrals need to be formed and act as its own separate entity, where in the Newland Council can be just one voice among it.
    We once had one. actually we had it a second time as well...but it had a tendancy to rip itself apart due to the utterly complexity of the many different shades of grey which make up the neutral populace. We are in essence ungovernable.

Thats not saying that we can't have something which is able to put a public voice out which can be used to gain attention. It needn't speak for all neutrals, it might just speak for Newland. Something which can address others to demonstrate to them what it is to be neutral, and try to explain to them the different shades of grey which make up our existance. We aren't all the same. We don't even come close to sharing the same values or ideals. We are as varied as the peace lovers, terrorists and money grabbing mercinaries which make up our ranks are. We can't by united as its impossible. But we can have a voice which can be used to explain to others that we are that way. And we aren't changing. If thats the message that the Council in Newland wishes to give. Than fine. Let them, and let them do it well. We are neutral. We know what we are. Let everyone else know it also. We are different, we are split, we are free!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jujuwalker
    Even if people diss completely the manifesto ( and i am open/ready to everything, including catastrophe ) i see some good in getting a big pow-wow of neutrals together to discuss issues, if only to get a glimpse of the state of the family.

I really hope to see you at the meeting negs... there's gonna be some things to discuss.
    That I would love, however, this isn't going to be a meeting for neutrals to discuss issues. Both Clan and Omni are already sending in representatives. Maybe if they are barred from speaking, then yes I can tolerate there presence, as in a Look but Don't touch kind of thing. Outsiders should have no say in the meeting and not be allowed to influence any Neutrals' decisions.

I can already see people clammoring about and saying nothing but "Fencesitters" or "Neutral = Peaceful and have no business anywhere". This will be nothing but counterproductive. We will have enough problems how it is being able to communicate amongst ourselves and the wide variety of viewpoints that we do not need Omni or Clans mucking it up even more.

Neutral Only meeting .. sure I'm all for it, so far what I'm seeing is just a Public Relations sham of one little town to make itself better known rather than for the good of all Neutrals.

Maybe you Juju should talk to your constituents ... it seems you get it.

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Note that even if there will be an announcment from the oh-so-glorious CEO Tarkhan Zora, the meeting still stand.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

I promise that if Gorgefodder shows up and blows you all to kingdom come, I will give him SUCH a talking to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast