Thread: FJRK: Loose Ends

FJRK: Loose Ends

Loose Ends
    People of Rubi-ka Series
    by Ryelee Saar, FJRK reporter
    September 12 29479

((Atlantian Server))

FJRK- Each clansman has a story to tell. Some stories are of fierce battles, some are of personal choice and the desire to chart their own destiny, while some stories are laced in tragedy.

Some of us were born clan, but for some, this journey has been a long one, filled with desperation to leave the past behind and to simply live in peace. Everyday on Rubi-Ka, there are Omni-Tek employees that say "No More!", and defect to the Clans.

For some it is as simple as filling out a form and denouncing the corporation. Fifteen years ago, Omni-Tek commissioned an organization of Omni-assassins, a group of twelve individuals of all breeds, each a master in their own field. A master of ranged weapons, a master of blades, a master of poisons, a master of emotions, a master of betrayal, and so on.

This elite group of men and women carried out the most secret of Omni-Tek operations in a more savage time on Rubi-ka. A few years ago, Omni-Tek officially decommissioned this group and in their infinite wisdom, decided to eliminate them. Each master was hunted down and perma killed.

Except for one...The Master of Blades...Lorien "Mwiljin" Xucphra.

When he saw the other masters fall, he went deep undercover trying to piece together what was happening. Omni-Tek did everything they could to draw out the remaining assassin, but he would not take their bait. They killed his fiancé in a public square in an attempt to make him surface. This only drove him deeper undercover.

Sickened by Omni-Tek, the life he had led, and driven by hatred and sorrow, Mwiljin denounced Omni-Tek and became clan. Stripped of his blade and his specialized armor, he went into hiding just a short step ahead of Omni-Pol while they hunt him relentlessly. In his weakened state, he begged Omni-Tek to let him live his life in peace. He wanted to fight no more.

But he was a loose end….unfinished business…..a blemish on the past of Omni-Tek, and so they hunt him still, with the order to Kill on sight. They know his abilities…..Omni is, after all, his teacher…..his mentor. They will not simply turn their heads and let him walk away, and they can not deny his existence and their abuse of power with the Omni-assassins. As long as one of them still lives and can recount their atrocities, they shall be the hunted.

But Omni-Tek forgets, Mwiljin is no longer a lone assassin…..a loose end. He is now a clansmen, and when they bring their fight to him, his brothers and sisters will stand with him to defend his choice to be free.

We all have stories to tell. Mwiljin asked me "What would you say of me to the people?" and I replied, "that you chose to tell your story to encourage those still held by the bonds of Omni-Tek to break free, and though the ending of your story is still unwritten, you will not go quietly into the night"

That is a very romantic picture of a common traitor and a liar.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Mwiljin has his priorities in the right place and his actions founded on solid ground. On the other hand we have the scum that is omni pol...

*sips his coffee* Difficult choice...or not? I say it still stands that Omni Pol better watch their back if they plan to set foot in a Clan City...
    Eigen (215/11 Bureaucrat) Aspilian (174/16 Enforcer)
    Chocolate (135/7 Engineer) Masataka (76/8 Agent)

Eigen: Regidoc is good with her fingers huh..?
    Veldron: Very.

Vallikat: who is surprised by that?
    Veldron: How do you think she got leadership of VE away from me?

Veldron coughs
    Vallikat laughs
    Kirasha: She came over when you were passed out at your desk and took it.

No wonder he was troubled and had to nealve in a bit of rush last time I saw him.

I just hope poor soul has enough humor to realize the irony. Delivered at mercy and good will of his former targets.......
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

The crowd can be illousionised so easily without knowing what is behind a newsarticle at all...
    A part of this record might be true. But what it does not show, is that the mentioned person is a liar except what he says about his fiance.
    His "begging" to Omni-Tek to live his life in peace was never intended to work out by himself, and however he is being *used* by other clan groups or even leads those groups himself, what is for sure is that this person is a liar and heartless being, be it on the side of Omni-Tek or the Clans.
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

What would those clan groups be?
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

just remember 1 thing..he's an assasin who was breeded for killing.

The fact that nobody know's what side he's truly working for at the moment is very disturbing....
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

Bred? No. Trained? Yes.

The story from himself is - if I'm not remembering wrong -, he was a Jobe resident until Omni found him interesting enough. How trustworthy is his word?

But yeah, that allegiance bit was something indeed. You may want to ask Omni-Reform what he's up to now (pushing daisies or whatever), if they don't consider it classified information.

[Omni-Pol ftw two days ago! Well pwned, sirs and ladies. :)]

Mwiljin was captured by Omni-Reform and Omni-Pol last Monday near West Athen.

Reports are that he has been made into a productive Omni-Tek employee.

[Pending confirmation from Omni-Reform though. But this Mwiljin character is a star! We had a lot of fun with him over the past 2-3 months, as I am sure others did too. It was little heartbreaking to see him in his current state yesterday.

Oh, and it was our pleasure Ragunn ]
    Last edited by Virta; Sep 14th, 2005 at 11:08:50.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

An amusing story to read if it is true after all. Actually I am surprised though that a unit that excells only in corruption and inability - Omni-Pol - should have been involved in capturing one of OTRK's former elite assassins. It is there that I start doubting the story about this traitor's past to be nearly as splendid as this article claims. Then again, even a blind chicken finds a grain sometimes. If it is true however then at least it took the decision of having to deal with him out of our own hands.

What remains to be analyzed is why the Omni-Pol and Omni-Reform troops were not sent back to their own turf via Reclaim-Express. Sheer luck or lack of initiative from the guards?

((and it's Atlantean Server, Mrs. Saar))
    Last edited by Daimoness; Sep 15th, 2005 at 16:05:21.
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

What remains to be analyzed is why the Omni-Pol and Omni-Reform troops were not sent back to their own turf via Reclaim-Express. Sheer luck or lack of initiative from the guards?
    Not much to analyse, but here you are.

- There were more Omni-Pol, Omni-Pol elites and assorted other troops than those standing between them and this guy. Aside from a certain fixer, the rest seemed to be in their shadowlevels.
    - Watchers aren't equipped to deal with Omni-Pol elites and people closing in Chosen status. Rest assured, they tried. Hard.
    - After being smuggled out of the corner he'd gotten into, Mwiljin, despite other tactical understanding he may've had, fled inside the Cup of all places, where Omni-Pol has looked for him before.
    - A clanner ratted on him.

I can't say it was lack of attempt on the part of those present. As much as I'd love to spin a tale about crushing them like little black metaplast bugs, the truth is, I got sent to reclaim twice. No shame in trying, not when the joke's not over yet...

I wonder if the others who are doing the same type of work for Omni-Tek can learn from this story.

Further more, I feel sad for Lorien and what has happenend to him and his loved ones.

Once more a Clanner is born.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"