Thread: Director Moscardelli’s Statement on Recent Terrorist Attack on Omni-Mining

Post Director Moscardelli’s Statement on Recent Terrorist Attack on Omni-Mining

I am sure by now you all know of the barbaric attack that occurred on September 3 during the Notum Day event. For those who have not or those seeking more detailed information I am now releasing some information from the investigation.

At around 16:30 on Saturday I stepped up in front of my office to give a speech to honor the event and state why it is important to support notum mining and research. Due to the large crowds moving about towards the office, security lost sight of some NLF members. When my speech was about 60% complete, an unauthorized access to the local City Systems Consol was announced by the Omni-Mining Computer System. This alerted security to investigate but it seems it was already too late. The access into the City systems allowed some vital security systems to shut down momentarily giving the NLF time to drop and activate a small bomb. About a minute after the unauthorized access into the city consol the bomb exploded at the foundation of the local Skybar. The explosion was powerful enough to completely destroy the foundation of the Skybar causing it to collapse. At this point I was warped out by my security forces. Immediate evacuation of the city was called as an alert was issued to Omni-Tek Faction Leaders. The ECM Tower was damaged and shut down after the bombing. The explosion got the aliens attention and they sent in an offensive force into the city area. After assistance from fellow Omni-Tek citizens, we were able to push back the aliens and retake the city.

Damage is quite extensive in the southern section of the city. The blast caused the Skybar to break apart and collapse as I said. The top half of the Skybar fell onto the ECM Tower across the street damaging it beyond repair. Large sections of debris from the Skybar also fell onto the Market, damaging the roof and southern side. After the blast, fires broke out all over the southern section of the city. During the alien attack, an alien transport was damaged and crash landed partially on the East side of the Market causing further damage to the market. Disaster Response crews were able to contain the fires and rescue some trapped citizens. Thankfully, no permanent deaths were reported. But 8 people were sent to the reclaim from the blast. Another 24 people with injuries have been reported so far.

After surveying the area for a few days we have come up with an estimate of 31,095,000 Credits in damage. Some expect this number will increase as we examine the structures in more detail.

This terrorist attack by The Nanomage Liberation Front is a horrific, barbaric and irrational crime of the highest degree. They have proven their insanity knows no bounds. This attack was uncalled for, no matter what beliefs one has. The Nanomage Liberation Front used Omni-Tek’s generous hospitality for their own twisted evil plans. It is time we put a stop to these plans. The NLF must be dealt with once and for all! I urge all sane and fact loving people to cease any ties with the NLF. It is time we bring justice to them for the crimes they have committed in the past two years. No more should these lunatics be allowed to walk the streets of Rubi-Ka. The only success they had on Saturday was starting their own demise.

I request any information useful to capturing The Nanomage Liberation Front members. In return for information you will be rewarded. Your name and contact information will remain anonymous. If the information turns out to be useful I am willing to give a million or more credits as a reward.

Besides the terrorist attack on Saturday, Notum Day continued and proved to be a great party. Unfortunately the city in southern Clon**** is closed to public travel until the investigations and clean up is complete. Estimates say the clean up will take two weeks or more.

Once again I thank all for assisting us after the attack on the city. It is sad one can not have fun without attempted murder anymore. But alias we must move forward and bring justice to the NLF. In the meantime I will be conducting some investigations into the attack and how it could have been prevented. If you would like to help in the clean up effort, investigations or reconstruction please send a message to me using the AO forums PM system.

Farewell to all and be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftmind
    I request any information useful to capturing The Nanomage Liberation Front members. In return for information you will be rewarded. Your name and contact information will remain anonymous. If the information turns out to be useful I am willing to give a million or more credits as a reward.

Farewell to all and be safe.
    Could always blockade Boralis too.
    err... wait never mind

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts
    Could always blockade Boralis too.
    err... wait never mind
    Yeahh..... Think about it good.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Post Information Update

Greetings to all.

It has been several weeks since the barbaric bombing during Notum Day. My statement today is on the reconstruction effort of the southern half of the city complex. First off and most importantly no more people have been found to be injured, sent to reclaim or killed in the blast. The number remains at 8 sent to reclaim and 24 injured.

All sections of the complex are now open to public traffic. But be warned, a number of new and improved security measures have been installed throughout the complex. Local guards have also been replaced and retrained to make them more effective protection.

The southern section of the complex is now fully cleared of debris and any damage. The Skybar and the ECM Tower were un-repairable and destroyed. Surrounding buildings of the Skybar and ECM Tower were also damaged. The southern wall of the local market was heavily damaged but the rest of the structure was intact. The market is now fully reconstructed and open for business. The Grid House and Satellite Uplink suffered damage from flying debris and were replaced. The local environment was also affected. The outlying forest next to the Skybar began to burn after the blast. The fire was contained after some time but a good amount of trees, brush and plants were destroyed in the fire. Total recover cost is now at 43,768,000 Credits.

Even though that is a fair amount of damage and money, the NLF still have failed in stopping anything but some drinkers at a party. On top of the sites of where the Skybar and ECM Tower once stood, we have built new structures to honor the NLF. On the site of the Skybar stands a brand new, state of the art Notum Mine outputting notum faster then any other mine in southern Clon****. As for the ECM Tower replacement we have constructed one of the largest and most advanced Notum Silos ever constructed. Burnt and cracked sidewalks have been replaced by shiny marble like concrete complete with trees and statues to honor Omni-Tek heroes. The NLF may have destroyed the southern section of the complex, but only to make way for an even better complex. Make no mistake, a few bombs and burnt trees will not hinder Omni-Tek’s efforts in notum mining and research.

I once again thank everyone that helped in clean up and reconstruction. Your generosity and support makes me proud to be part of Omni-Tek’s family.

Yay!

*Toasts with Omni-Champagne*

Omni-Mining
    This department oversees all mining operations on Rubi-Ka, Notum and otherwise. They also handle the allocation, out-of-corporation sales, and on-planet transportation of raw materials on Rubi-Ka. Due to a minor technicality that pre-dates Clan uprisings, Omni-Mining operates as an arm of Omni-Engineering, but has its own independent leadership. In addition, they have their own internal goals that include, but aren't limited to, anti-union enforcement and control of policing activity in mines and their associated facilities. Omni-Mining was once a quaint, quietly-run department, but once it was discovered that Clan activity originated in their men, they became much more authoritative and rigid.