Thread: Unknown Disease and a member of the ARK ignoring helpless nanomage

Unknown Disease and a member of the ARK ignoring helpless nanomage

Hi friends,

i have terrible things to report. Today i was infected by something i called the 'Lightbulb Disease'. My head turned into some kind of mini-sun, others told me, blending everyone close to me and completly blinding myself. I just saw light, pure white light, and even my Shades of Lucubration offered no protection.

I stumbled completly confused through Newland, until a friend showed me the way to the Whompas. I just wanted to reach Borealis to seek a capable doc. But at ICC i met Ark Hydrosen, who was about to start a Tour. I asked him for help, but he competly ignored me. I paniced, ran around helpless and i hurt myself badly when i hit some walls. I think i fainted as i do not know what happened for the next moments.

Later in Borealis, some nice person tried to help me, and many showed me the way to places i wanted to go. But noone had a cure for me.

But there are also very rude persons, taking pictures of me, asking me to do tradeskills, hell, some even asked a blind trader for wrangles. And i still can't believe that a Engineer who has lost his bot was complaining about his bad situation. Can you believe that? You turn into a blind wreck and some pethugger complains about loosing a piece of metal? I still want to know who that person was, and i'd like to have a private talk with him and i'm not going to calm myself then.

Nevertheless, fellow readers. After about 6-7 hours the light vanished as abrupt as it appeared.

Does anyone else know anything about this disease? Is it infectious? Am i cured or is this bulb just gone temporary? And the really important questions: Does this disease only affect nanomages? Is it related to Notum Misuse by ARK, did Hydrosen knew about it and ignored me for that reason? Or is that related to the recent omni-activities in Borealis?

Thanks again to all nice people out there who helped me during my terrible day.

Having only your story to go by and not having examined you personally, my immediate diagnosis is to uninstall the night vision goggles from your HUD next time, when you are walking around during the day.

But, not to make complete *snerk* light of your situation; please feel free to contact me immediately should this dreaded affliction strike you again. I will see what can be done within the realm of medical science to make you all better.

*turns off the light as she leaves the room* Waste not, watt not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

It does indeed affect other breeds too, but it is only a temporary reduction in your ocular efficiency. It will start to disappear immediately you remove your night vision goggles.
    I'm a 'Trox and have had this happen to me a few times. Once when I was flying around in my Yalm, that was scary. After the initial onslaught of pain had subsided, I realized that even though I'd (foolishly) taken my hands off the controls to cover my face I only felt those darned goggles that I'd worn to be able to navigate Rubi'Ka's night skies safely. Once they were removed my vision became markedly better and soon, within only minutes, I was ok again.
    A lesson learned hard is a lesson learned well, or so I've been told.

Rest easy, friend, you'll soon be well again.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

No Night Vision Googles

Quote Originally Posted by lyzor
    Having only your story to go by and not having examined you personally, my immediate diagnosis is to uninstall the night vision goggles from your HUD next time, when you are walking around during the day.

But, not to make complete *snerk* light of your situation; please feel free to contact me immediately should this dreaded affliction strike you again. I will see what can be done within the realm of medical science to make you all better.

*turns off the light as she leaves the room* Waste not, watt not.
    What do you two think of me? I had no Night Vision Googles on for ages. My head turned into a gigantic Lightbulb, blending everone close to me, and not only myself. I heard from Gueve that he once saw another victim of this disease.

I was a walking street lamp.
    Last edited by Syyceria; Sep 9th, 2005 at 18:24:36. Reason: minor spaling fix.

The said condition doesn't affect only nanomages, in fact with the little statistics I have most afflicted are not nanomages, but of other breeds. The preliminary analysis done in Omni-Mining's lab show that the reaction is most likely caused by radiation from simple bombs causing notum to deteroriate in unexpected manner.

Now the question is, who in their right mind blows up thermonuclear devices at Rubi-Ka, thus causing great pain and trouble to innocents? Omni-Tek hasn't used nuclear devices ever, and even clanners have mostly avoided these crude weapons.

Keanne
    Omni-Mining

My oh my, keanne cant even look at an illness report and not spread her propaganda...

I always believed it was something to do with the insurance terminals, You know... omni-tek made them...
    No human being on the face of this glorius Rubi-ka, no goverment is going to take from me my right to speak, my right to protest against wrong, my right to everything that is for the benefit for magekind.
    I am not here to be accused!
    I am here as the accuser of omni-tek dripping with blood from head to toe!

When Injustice Becomes The Norm, Resistance Becomes A Duty.

Muge "Gueve" Marxosis

Quote Originally Posted by Keanne
    The said condition doesn't affect only nanomages, in fact with the little statistics I have most afflicted are not nanomages, but of other breeds. The preliminary analysis done in Omni-Mining's lab show that the reaction is most likely caused by radiation from simple bombs causing notum to deteroriate in unexpected manner.

Now the question is, who in their right mind blows up thermonuclear devices at Rubi-Ka, thus causing great pain and trouble to innocents? Omni-Tek hasn't used nuclear devices ever, and even clanners have mostly avoided these crude weapons.

Keanne
    Omni-Mining
    I don't believe at any point Syyceria said the disease only affects nanomage. She said it affected her as well as everyone in her direct vicinity, though the ball of light was only atop her head.

Also having seen Syyceria for the few days leading up I can vouch there were no "Thermo-Nuclear devices" near her or her head.

Thank you for your ill-found analysis of a neutral citizens temporary handicap, Omni-Mining.

You have been so helpfull in the further research of the illness. *sarcasm*
    Prime Minister Merijynn of The Nanomage Liberation Front

"Today's rebellion brings tomorrow's freedom!"

You are free to dismiss the scientific facts as propaganda. The fact still remains, the preliminary analysis on the matter shows a clear correlation between radiation reacting with notum in atmosphere and the described condition. I also never claimed that the person suffering from the condition would need to carry a nuclear bomb with him or her. I only told the facts I have considering the matter, as a reply to question asked by Syyceria in the original message.

"Does anyone else know anything about this disease?"

And my answer was yes. It seems at this point that it's caused by a previously unknown reaction between notum in the atmosphere and high-energy radiation. The correlation was found out in Omni-Mining's notum-research lab, and indeed needs more examination.

As the "lightbulb" condition hasn't been encoutered but only lately, it would be not wise nor educated to dismiss the correlation between the it's manifestation and certain incidents that have released rather large quantities of radioactive pollution in the Rubi-Ka's biosphere.

Furthermore, everyone knows the risks involved in the insurance technology, Omni-Tek has never claimed it would be totally infallible, and the risks are clearly mentioned in the insurance contract. Each and every person at Rubi-Ka is free to choose whether or not he or she wants to use the offered technology.

Keanne
    Omni-Mining

((just to be sure, we are talking about the lightbulb-bug that is sometimes caused by saving in the gardens, right?))

(( yep ))

Quote Originally Posted by Keanne
    ((just to be sure, we are talking about the lightbulb-bug that is sometimes caused by saving in the gardens, right?))
    (( I think so. Saw that for the first time. A picture can be found under http://www.dalrin.de/files/bulb.jpg ))