Thread: FJRK: Omni Unchecked

FJRK: Omni Unchecked

Omni Unchecked
    Ryelee Saar, Reporter FJRK
    September 7 29479

FJRK - Strange and unexplained events have been occurring around the Biomare Biological Materials Research facility in The Longest Road.

The first incident was near Bliss where it was reported that grossly distorted mutants, and what was appeared to be Dust Brigade Commandos, ravaged the town. It was said that the mutants were actually begging to be put out of their misery as they shouted **"free me...ugh...shoot him...no....free me... they….experiment ...shoot...mean to...shoot him". One can only guess at the meanings behind these tortured pleas.

It seemed that the clansmen were winning the battle and the Dust Brigade retreated towards the Omni run Biomare facility, where the research terminals were reported downloading data very fast in what appeared to be some form of transmission. To whom? Unknown.

Although that was strange in itself, another similar incident occurred just south of Bliss, in the small village of Drumdar. According to witnesses it started with ICC peacekeeper guards entering Tir. Members of the clan Assembly, as well as a few other clansmen had gathered around them at the whompas. A small confrontation occurred as the ICC guards were asked to state their business.

They claimed they had received clearance to proceed to the village of Drumdar for aid. A Sentinel spokesperson would not comment on if they had been cleared to travel via Tir city.

One of the guards, constantly complaining, kept lamenting about "the dust". He wouldn’t elaborate, only repeating over and over how he hated "the dust". The other guard, ignoring the complaints and taunts from clansmen that decided to follow, made diligently for Drumdar.

Just outside the Drumdar village gates, a thick fog, or haze filled the air, so much so that visibility was severely limited. Before anyone could see a thing, the sounds of fighting could be heard in the distance. Much like in Bliss, mutants attacked the village. These mutants were grossly misshapen and incredibly strong as it took the combined forces of the clans, the two peacekeeper guards and the villagers to repel them.

Inside the village, a little girl had managed to send out a call for help and her mother stated the father had gone missing after working near a waterbody just east of Drumdar, which incidentally is downstream from the Biomare facility. It seems that the missing husband had mutated somehow and was killed in the battle while defending his family and trying to save his town.

The villagers claimed that many strange things had been happening to anyone foolish enough to go near the facility, or the waters that flowed close by. They also said that there seemed to be an increase in traffic in and out of the area.

Samples were taken of the water to be analyzed and warnings posted not to drink the water or hunt any of the creatures in the surrounding area until results of the tests had been analyzed.

Are Omni-tek scientists doing some kind of experiments within the walls of the Biomare Materials Research facility and are the failed results being turned loose to terrorize the locals living in the area? Who is watching over the facility? Who is accountable for these strange incidents?

Caution is being posted to purify all water sources and to watch for strange fogs filling the air as the mutants arrive. It is being asked that any and all sightings of mutants around the Biomare facility be reported immediately to the Council of Truth for further investigation.

**(Mutant quotes are compliled from witnesses and may not be entirly accurate quotes)

Oh man things happening at Drumdar, gonna have to check it out.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Had....quite a bit of experience with this...*shivers* Don't think for a moment Clan isn't launching their own independent investigation, and....we're turning up -some- answers...

Just...stay AWAY from that area. If you get hurt, scraped, cut, slashed, or even TOUCHED by anything there, get yourself to a doctor and pray. And don't drink the water...
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

I see Clan propoganda has degenerated from being rediculously skewed rhetoric to being completely incoherent.

Omni-Tek is aware of the Dust Brigade attacks in the Longest Road region. Personally, my condolences go out to the innocents who were injured or lost their lives in these vicious assaults. The Dust Brigade has once again shown itself to be a savage band of heartless murderers.

Omni-Tek's policy toward the Dust Brigade remains what it has always been: complete annihilation of the organization and its members. Of course I can't speak for Omni-Tek as a whole beyond that, but I will point out that we are actively investigating these incidents with the objective of bringing final justice against these dangerous terrorists.

It is unfortunate that there is no practical way that we can provide aid to the victims of these horrible attacks. If we had sent any direct military aid to either Bliss or the surrounding communities, they would likely be shot on sight by the very people they were trying to assist. If we send medical aid it would likely be "reappropriated" by rebel forces instead of helping those in need. Even emergency assistance from the conflict neutral ICC was barely accepted by the Clans.

What truly disturbs me about this report however, is that an article about Dust Brigade aggression is titled "Omni Unchecked". Could someone please explain to me how Omni-Tek is responsible for a Dust Brigade assault? If Omni-Tek was able to operate completely "unchecked" in the region then the Dust Brigade attacks could have been swiftly and decisively supressed. The only factors preventing this are limited manpower due to the war with the Kyr'Ozch, and the certain reality of rampant Clan violence should we attempt such an operation!

While everyone recognizes that many Clans have publically denounced the Dust Brigade, they seem to have an uncanny knack for interfering in our pursuit of them.

Apparently, this article is trying to make some connection between the recent attacks and a "Biomare Biological Materials Research facility". While Omni-Tek does have mining and security assets in the Longest Road region, there is no facility with that designation.

Near the Longest Road mining facility there are a number of underground tanks that are used to store slag and other hazardous byproducts from the notum extraction operation. All of these tanks have been recently inspected and have met current enviromental and industrial standards. It is extremely unlikely that they are contaminating nearby ground water. Perhaps a representative of Omni-Mining could provide more details on this.

We fully anticipate that the Clans will wish to begin an independant investigation into these vicious attacks on their people. We also anticipate that this "investigation" will include violating Omni-Tek's security zones in the Longest Road region, unsubstantiated rhetoric and slander against the Corporation, and unprovoked assaults on 2HO, while not including anything to do with the Dust Brigade. Omni-Tek is fully prepared and capable of defending itself against such aggression.
    Administrator Jacob Stroud
    Omni-Tek Department Affiliate Program - Administrative Representative, Rimor

Omni-Administrative Services Special Operations Subdepartment K-62
    Commissioner, RKDC

Jacob, what reported failed to include in this news, is that thos eincidents tie to Ross shoting, OT experiments with agresion enhanching drugs that are lethal, etc...

Let's be honest, there are practicly no incidental spils of hazzardius material on Rubi-Ka. It's caused by poor maintainace (it's in area not controled by corporation, so containers pass checks easily), deliberatly to polute "hostile" teritory or for testing. This last incident in Drumdar might be just that.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Stroud
    I see Clan propoganda has degenerated from being rediculously skewed rhetoric to being completely incoherent.
    Long term exposure will facilitate recognition..
    If Omni-Tek was able to operate completely "unchecked" in the region then the Dust Brigade attacks could have been swiftly and decisively supressed.
    Recently OT personnel attempted to blockade Borealis backyards without a particularly resounding success..
    But yes, Clans would indeed respond unfavorably to any incursion by OT. If the situation was reversed do you think OT would respond differently?
    All of these tanks have been recently inspected and have met current enviromental and industrial standards.
    Somehow I doubt that these industry standards have been brought up to date, even after a couple of centuries of civil war. That is to say, I doubt they're specced to deal with the effects a battle has on the environment these days, not to mention weapons missing their intended targets and going wild. Some of the hardware in use today really won't think a storage tank is much of a match..
    We fully anticipate that the Clans will wish to begin an independant investigation into these vicious attacks on their people. We also anticipate that this "investigation" will include violating Omni-Tek's security zones in the Longest Road region, unsubstantiated rhetoric and slander against the Corporation, and unprovoked assaults on 2HO, while not including anything to do with the Dust Brigade. Omni-Tek is fully prepared and capable of defending itself against such aggression.
    Good, I see that you expect us to actually try to find out who's killing and mutilating our non-combatants. Somewhat along the same lines as OT would do, no doubt.
    I do hope that you'll be dissapointed, though, and not able to recognize too many OT ways..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

[QUOTE=Editor: FJRK]Omni Unchecked
    Ryelee Saar, Reporter FJRK
    September 7 29479

...It seems that the missing husband had mutated somehow and was killed in the battle while defending his family and trying to save his town. /QUOTE]

Actually, the husband was located, in his mutated form(a shadow), and was allowed to speak briefly with his wife and daughter. A doctor in the village examined him and determined that he was dying of heart failure due to the transformation being less than successful, and had very little time left. He said his goodbyes and left on his own into the wilderness.

Since that time, clan scientists have analysed the water and mutant remains and pinpointed a virus that is apparently present in the wastewater that flows from the Biomare facility, and also in the mutants it produces. If you drink contaminated water or are wounded by these mutants, you run the risk of becoming infected yourself. The virus shows a strong resemblance to the ones Midia produced some time back. A trace of the antidote that was used to cure an infected individual was also analysed and, after much effort, has been reproduced. I won't go into further detail at this point, however, I'm sure some Omni operatives will in time acquire those research papers.

Some facts:

1) The waters flowing out of the Biomare facility are contaminated with an insideous virus
    2) Midia was last spotted in an Omni holding facility
    3) The virus incorporates alien elements
    3) The original antidote was obtained from an Omni source

Conclusions:
    1) Whatever Omni-Tek cares to say about what goes on in the Biomare facility in The Longest Road it appears to be doing biological research of a sort that would never pass ICC scrutiny.
    2) They already possess an antidote to this new virus.

Questions remaining:

1) What, if any, is the relationship between Biomare and the Dust Brigade presence in the area? Is there collusion or is the DB after the secrets of Biomare?
    2) How does the fact that, at the time of Phillip Ross's shooting, someone gridded directly from Omni-Ent to a grid point near Biomare factor in to all this?
    3) Is Omni-Tek leveraging Midia's know-how to help produce this virus?

Theories:

Some division of Omni-Tek has combined their own research on the aliens' biology with Midia's viral technology to produce a biological weapon. The facility at Biomare does much of this research and also likely produced the virus that was introduced into Phillip Ross via a poisoned bullet. This same division of Omni-tek, for reasons not yet made clear, desires to sideline Ross to instigate changes in over all Omni-Tek policy. The Dust Brigade is independantly investigating the situation and attempting to acquire the virus for themselves.

What they will say if caught red-handed:

"We were making a biological weapon which, if sprayed on aliens, would transform them into harmless rollerrats and subsequently cause heart failure. We know nothing about the Ross shooting but were analyzing that virus as well."

Perhaps the Dust Brigade have gotten their hands on some kind of biological weapon and are terrorizing with it?

The efforts of quite a few Omni-Tek employees in defending the village of Drumdar have gone completely unmentioned, but what would you expect from Clan propagandists. In fact, it was us who found the mutated villager to begin with. I think there were more neutrals and OT employees present than Clanners to begin with.

Quite the oversight, if you ask me.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

OOC

That might be because this particular article is based on the RK1 happenstances... I'm not going to launch into an IC tirade about that being lies, therefore. :/]
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

(( Doesn't say "RK1 only", so they've made a mistake. I don't play on RK1 so I wouldn't ICly know what goes on there, since to me it's nonextant.))
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

(( Bah! hard to get accurate reporting this way. I assumed that a minor event like Drumdar was RK2-specific. On the other hand, though, I see that RK1 didn't exactly resolve things as well as RK2 (they killed the mutated villager) ))

[ Yeah. Big mean level 200+ primordial chirop thing AoE'd, splat goes mutant.

Wonder if Editor News should be divided by dim as well. ]
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

I must agree with one thing, this dose see to be an unfounded assult upon Omni-Tek. Despite my membership in the clans I refuse to look at everything as Omni-teks fault or a plot by them. However there is one thing I wish us to all look at. The Dust Brigade attacks a settelment using mutant shock troopers and not a single person is worried about what this means. Also the fact that they were retreating to an Omni facility strikes me as odd, why would they go to a place where they would encounter resistance after getting their teeth handed to them in another location. Unless they had reinforcments at that location.

Given the Dust Brigades history of terrorism and total disregard to all life I would think that investigating them, rather than crying moaning and waving weapons at Omni-tek, would be of a higher priority.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Twistshot, some people always find it funny to do the whole gun-toting, flag-burning, chanting routine, they simply can't resist.
    You say yourself that the Dusters retreated towards a place where they supposedly had enemies rather than friends, which is odd enough that it bears investigating.
    But it has also been said that investigations will be carried out to fully clarify what actually took place, if possible how and why as well - in fact, even ommers expect us to do that - and it's not polite to disappoint people.
    So let us in the best Clan tradition find out what took place and kill the culprits - or, alternatively, bring them before a court and give them a fair trial and then kill them.
    And let us avoid the usual omni way and senselessly blame the ommers for once again indiscriminately killing and injuring defenseless women and children.
    (Well, ommers blame Clans, usually, but you get the idea. )
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

I'm really curious which "dust" this guard was complaining about in such a repetitive hypnotic trance. And what this haze was, and why these mutants were so strong? Notum Dust anyone?

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Most likely Dust Brigade considering the events that were going on at the time.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Or it could have something to do with both. What do we really know about Notum Dust...?

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21