Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Borealis backyards closed

Quote Originally Posted by Nuser
    So the next time I meet you, I might not spit in your face but actually shake hand. I will still hate you for being clan and Opifex, but I will not spit at you.....I'm saving that for Virta....
    Well the Opifex bit is out of control. 'sides, not every one can be perfect *smirks*

My my.. quite the problem we seem to have here. Virta and Omni-Pol think they can come into a neutral city and bully us around. Since when do I need you to protect me? Last time I checked, you have done nothing for us!

Where were you when Dust Brigade hit Borealis? *hears crickets* Yeah I thought so.
    There is no more peaceful city than Borealis, and as far as the NLF goes, they are not a threat to the community or the city. If there is a threat, then we can take care of it ourselves.

Arm myself you say? I am well armed.. and I have the man power to back it up, more so than you do I pretty sure.

Get the hell out of my city, leave my people alone.. we can take care of ourselves better than you can do it for us.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

Quote Originally Posted by Virta
    Who 'we'? Who are you representing? I would like to know who is declaring war on Omni-Tek.
    Now, now, calm down everyone. Who’s talking about war on Omni-Tek anyway? All Gonoc does is say that Omni-Pol is not welcome, a feeling I’m sure most (if not all) Neutrals share after your recent “actions”. This has nothing to do with Omni-Tek. All corporation employees (including Omni-Pol officers) are welcome in Neutral cities, as long as they behave. To harass people, terrorists or not, is not considered to be the most appropriate behaviour when you visit a friendly town.

One could even argue if Omni-Pol has any official business in the Neutral territories at all. After all, the one and only official document, the Tir Accord, was unilaterally annulled by Omni-Tek.

Indeed, the Tir Accord stated that: “Omni-Tek is the superior governing body of the entirety of Rubi-Ka, but will leave to the Council to supervise the areas of Tir, Tir County, etc. The remaining terraformed areas on the planet will remain under complete Omni-Tek control and subject to the ICC lease of 28708.” (Annex 1A: Territorial Division).

One could, from the last paragraph, get the impression that –under the ICC lease- Omni-Tek has complete control over all of the terraformed areas. Yet, from their actions and representation, both the ICC and Omni-Tek acknowledge Neutrals and Neutral towns. If you recognize their existence, you also have to recognize and respect their independence.

Having said that, this doesn’t mean that Neutrals should turn a blind eye to the needs and inconveniences of their neighbours. If there are indeed terrorists in Borealis, I’m convinced that an appropriate request for aid would be granted.

The unsuitable way you rushed into town however will only get you anger and incomprehension, as was shown clearly by the reactions. I’m sure Omni-Tek would rather avoid to alienate yet another part of the population.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromanche
    My my.. quite the problem we seem to have here. Virta and Omni-Pol think they can come into a neutral city and bully us around. Since when do I need you to protect me? Last time I checked, you have done nothing for us!

Where were you when Dust Brigade hit Borealis? *hears crickets* Yeah I thought so.
    There is no more peaceful city than Borealis, and as far as the NLF goes, they are not a threat to the community or the city. If there is a threat, then we can take care of it ourselves.

Arm myself you say? I am well armed.. and I have the man power to back it up, more so than you do I pretty sure.

Get the hell out of my city, leave my people alone.. we can take care of ourselves better than you can do it for us.
    Having a laboratory for the purpose of building thermonuclear bombs in the city is not a threat? Laboratory which was used in building a bomb to blow up half the city of Omni-Mining? How far detached from reality can you be?

But as stated earlier, Omni-Pol is not in the city anymore. Our mission was completed last Saturday, with better results than was hoped for. I am sure to report to ICC and my superiors how quick certain neutrals are in issuing death sentences to our officers. That your future plan of keeping neutral? Killing Omni-Pol officers while protecting known terrorists?
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    Now, now, calm down everyone. Who’s talking about war on Omni-Tek anyway? All Gonoc does is say that Omni-Pol is not welcome, a feeling I’m sure most (if not all) Neutrals share after your recent “actions”. This has nothing to do with Omni-Tek. All corporation employees (including Omni-Pol officers) are welcome in Neutral cities, as long as they behave. To harass people, terrorists or not, is not considered to be the most appropriate behaviour when you visit a friendly town.

One could even argue if Omni-Pol has any official business in the Neutral territories at all. After all, the one and only official document, the Tir Accord, was unilaterally annulled by Omni-Tek.

Indeed, the Tir Accord stated that: “Omni-Tek is the superior governing body of the entirety of Rubi-Ka, but will leave to the Council to supervise the areas of Tir, Tir County, etc. The remaining terraformed areas on the planet will remain under complete Omni-Tek control and subject to the ICC lease of 28708.” (Annex 1A: Territorial Division).

One could, from the last paragraph, get the impression that –under the ICC lease- Omni-Tek has complete control over all of the terraformed areas. Yet, from their actions and representation, both the ICC and Omni-Tek acknowledge Neutrals and Neutral towns. If you recognize their existence, you also have to recognize and respect their independence.

Having said that, this doesn’t mean that Neutrals should turn a blind eye to the needs and inconveniences of their neighbours. If there are indeed terrorists in Borealis, I’m convinced that an appropriate request for aid would be granted.

The unsuitable way you rushed into town however will only get you anger and incomprehension, as was shown clearly by the reactions. I’m sure Omni-Tek would rather avoid to alienate yet another part of the population.
    TIR Accord was annulled because 'the Council has stepped down from its duties as 'government' of the united clans'. CoT being the other party in the Accord, would make it void if they do not exist anymore.

Omni-Pol does not deal with politics, and I sure am not a politician myself. It was important we moved quickly and decisively on the matter. I am glad there is at least one neutral person who appreciates we had a job to do and is maintaining a clear head.

As far as meeting with angry people, neutral or not, it is pretty much given in this job.
    Last edited by Virta; Sep 12th, 2005 at 18:45:42.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

And the arrgoance of Omni Pol continues...

Now let me show you the odds here Sparky:

There is 128 Omni Pol empoyees.

There is over 500 neutrals not recognizing your jurisdiction in Borealis.

Now does the name Custer mean anything to you?
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

Reminds me of a vid I heard one time by an Old Earth comic named Bill Cosby called The Coin Toss.

"Okay, for the home team we have General Custer. For the visitors, Chief Sitting Bull."

"Call the toss, Cus. You called heads, its tails. You lose. heh."

"Okay, Chief Sitting bull says you and your boys gotta sit at the bottom of this hill while him and all the Injuns of the world ride right down on top of you"

*smiles*
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromanche

Ya gotta love when our very own fixer queen tells it like it is. Don't think for a second of extending your stay in borealis... you're soiling the place just by being there.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Having a laboratory for the purpose of building thermonuclear bombs in the city is not a threat? Laboratory which was used in building a bomb to blow up half the city of Omni-Mining? How far detached from reality can you be?

But as stated earlier, Omni-Pol is not in the city anymore. Our mission was completed last Saturday, with better results than was hoped for. I am sure to report to ICC and my superiors how quick certain neutrals are in issuing death sentences to our officers. That your future plan of keeping neutral? Killing Omni-Pol officers while protecting known terrorists?
    How detatched from reality am I? Getting a little personal Virta, and not very nice either I might add. My issue is with your bullying neutral citizens, closing our backyards? Evacuation our people? Who is disjointed from reality? We are not Omni employees, we are not clan.. we are neutral, and your marial law doesn't fly with us.. that is not disjointed from relaity, that is reality.

There is no death sentence to your officers, you say arm yourself, I say I am well armed.. does that worry you? I have an arsenal at my disposal and the man power to use it.. why should that matter? We are after all, just neutrals. Report what you want your ICC contacts, I have already reported to mine. Omni-Pol has no jurisdiction over me, nor over Borealis.

Have a nice day
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

Somewhere
    Sir, I would be failing in my duty if I did not make you aware of these recent developments. Transmission follows

A copy of the current gridfeed appears in the man's vision. He reads it quickly.
    "Why thankyou Cassandra, I can not say that I am unduly surprised with this find although I am taken aback with the speed at which the NLF are moving. He might be an employee but it seems that we may have misjudged this Omni-Pol officer. At least Mr Orender is keeping his head. Cassandra prepare a statement."

Of course sir

Borealis local gridfeed
    The NLF have done great harm to many children of Rubi-Ka...

They shield themselves with the innocent...

If their bomb had exploded, who would have suffered?

Somewhere
    "Cassandra, inform Gillian to head to Borealis as soon as she can. We need eyes on the ground there now."

Of course sir
    A communique from the Voice of Rubi-Ka group.

Well the lab wasn't a threat to any of us living in Borealis *smirks*
    The NLF like to blow things up but they generally don't accidentally blow up their own lab so..I say again, there was no threat to US

Now I'd suggest you take the words of that little fiesty fixer Pyro there and her big bulky general a bit more to heart, before you accidentalyl bite over more than your department can swallow. No threat, just an observation..

*Serraglio chuckles as he hits send then leans back in his chair watching the feed*
    Wonder if I should get some popcorn...
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Next time they come to arrest people, let's see them enter borealis city while PVP flagged, and shouting for cooperation as they arrest a neutral citizen.

I don't give them over 10 minutes.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234