Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 on 6 PvP League

6 on 6 PvP League

If a 6 on 6 PvP league was formed, would anyone be interested?

Rules, etc can be worked out - but would anyone want to participate in a basic team PvP league?

I've set up a forum for this discussion at http://roxxors.com

I will be honest - I am fairly new to the game (only level 84 right now), but I have programming knowledge - meaning I can create a great ASP driven website for the league, and create an in-game bot to help with schedules, statistics, etc.

What I don't know is if anyone would want to be apart of this or not!

I'd love to hear your feedback, here or on the roxxors.com forum.

-Drenaline

I'm a lowbie who doesn't even PvP, so my opinion has absolutely zero weight. However, I do keep my eyes and ears open and I would suggest that getting people really interested in this and getting them to do the proper organizational work would probably require significant *prizes* of some sort. For instance, MoK seems to generate excellent turnout for their Battle Royale events by offering multi-million credit rewards.

Of course, if you wanted to make things *really* interesting, you could forget the cred awards and, instead, try to get teams to agree that, say, losing teams would help winning teams camp static spawns, fight Tarrasque, or actually provide some other sort of service.
    cheers

Amis 98 Omni MP RK-1

Prizes

Yes, I have considered this...

Some basic math shows the potential:

32 teams x 10 men per team = 320 players involved.
    320 players x 1 million entry fee per person = 320 million prize.

Adjust the numbers however you like, but there's some prizes to be had if players would sign up. So far though, seems no one cares to respond! =/

Curious since a lot of people seem to complain about the monotomy of the game...

Good initiative.

TC would be happy to join in for this, except one problem. We dont shoot at OT's. If you can come up for an idea that only involves opposite team fighting, we would be happy to show up with 2 or 3 teams. I dont know if you can make a system that provides 100% certainty of a winner with the above restriction, but give it a try

Best regards

Demi

hehe sounds like a good idea

Sounds fun!
    The Original "The Man" and Level 200 Fixer
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02
    ... err Back on the 5th March 2003 for a nifty payed for 30 day comeback trial

OT vs. Clans

Excellent point, Demios - setting up fights for OT vs. Clan would be good for a lot of orgs such as yours, and also help enforce the current conflict setting.

What about a round-robin style schedule (if you can call it that)

Clan Teams:
    Clan 1
    Clan 2
    Clan 3
    Clan 4

OT Teams:
    Omni 1
    Omni 2
    Omni 3
    Omni 4

Each Omni team would fight each clan team during the regular season. Best record for the Clans would fight the best record from the Omni side. Playoffs would be virtually eliminated, making each week of matches critical (sort of like college football).

Thoughts? Also, are there any other orgs besides TC that would provide support to this idea?

setting up team battles is an awesome idea...i've often thought about it myself.

and when both teams are acually TEAMED no one should be afraid of losing pvp points

i suck...but i'd play

Dooomiz - 146 Soldier
    Doomiz - 95 Enforcer

TC doesnt shoot on omni's...

Your sure Demios? I think otherwise :P
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Sounds like fun, i would definatley be there. Get GMs to come and oversee things, and warp low levels to quiet PvP zones in the middle of nowhere, with no lag and no disturbances.

Love the idea drenaline.

All those things you can do that i cant even understand - yeah thats what we need. Dont let a quiet response fool you. We're only quiet because we've been hoping for something like this for so long.

Get a couple of representatives from each side and they should be able to round up 70% of the regular pvping population. Besides the incestuous group thats out there all the time you'd also be drawing from a wider audience of people who arent quite ready to go sit in 2h0 on their own but are ready to try some pvp if they're with their friends and guildmates.

If you need help with any sort of publicity or anything pls gimme a /tell in game.

Great, thanks Abid - I will definitely take you up on that offer. I don't seen to have the in-game respect as many of you (and with good reason)

Also, the GM/ARK thing would be great, but two things:

1) How do I get them involved? Who do I contact? How do I contact?

2) Scheduling.
    A) Set time every week for fights.... like Saturday night, 7pm
    B) Time set for matches depends upon what the two opposing team captains can agree to.

With choice A, it'd be easy to give FC personnel a time/place to show up to. With choice B, FC would have to actually watch the League message boards or check in with the League bot for schedules. Not sure if they'd do either? Anyone with input on this?

My experience with leagues has been that choice B works out better for the players. But it could be different with this community?

Finally - who would be some good representatives from each side? Names or orgs would be great.

-Drenaline

If yer talking 6 on 6 teams, our guild would be more than interested. Thing is we're neutral. We've been looking for a way to engage in PvP.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/org/st...1/name/1538049

Maybe too low level for ya guys?

/tell Sumokan

Third side to the coin...

Forgot about those neutrals!

The round robin would have to be adjusted so that each side fought participants from the other two sides.

Example:

Omni fights all Clan teams, and all neutral teams.
    Clan fights all Omni teams, and all neutral teams.
    Neutral fights all Clan teams, and all Omni teams.

No problem there.

But there's a problem here:

The final match... how do you square three teams of against each other? I wouldn't want a 3 team Free-For-All. We could end up doing a small round robin between the Clan, Omni and Neutral winners. But then what happens if they all go 1-1?

Omni beats Clan.
    Clan beats Neutral.
    Neutral beats Omni.

What then? =O

-Drenaline

BUMP!!
    count me in =)

/ Tolbat

Don't worry about us winning. We just wanna have fun. We get no token boards and no T loot. Less runspeed, less hitpoints, less nano, less everything. Except heart. Got plenty of that.

So then...

The post-season matches will be a 3-team round robin between Omni, Clan and Neutral. If a team goes 2-0, they are declared RKL Season Champions. If all teams go 1-1, then Clan vs. Omni for the fate of the championship?

Sounds good to me considering the storyline battle, don't know how other neutrals would like that though? =/

-Drenaline

Perhaps there could be more than one division. Title level is an obvious choice but I'm sure there's others that might work as well.

Far as representatives go i can think of quite a few on each side. I'd like to just volunteer them here for you but i should probably get the ok from them first.

Not to be discouraging, cause i like the 6 on 6 idea but smaller teams might make participation easier. 3 person teams would give each group a chance to come up with interesting arrangements of professions.

Question 3 man teams or 6 man teams...

Hmmm yes.... 3-man teams might allow for more people to participate, be easier to schedule, etc.

And that would also give a 3-man team the option to add an engineer to a 4th spot to beacon warp them back to the match site after a battle was done.

Any other support/criticism of 3-man teams over 6-man teams?
    (eventually though, I would like to see some sort of 6 man team competition, even if it is a single-event type thing instead of a league)

And as for a little update:
    The bot is still being coded, but does function and can create blobs (I made one tonight that's hyperlink said "Guess What?" and inside was a description for a QL 1 Item called "Chickenbutt")

The big step will be tomorrow when my SQL Server Database is up. Then I can allow for people to register in-game through the bot, and have it reflect real-time to the league website (yet to be developed). Polls would also be in-game and reflectable on the website.

Also, the division thing is tricky. I suppose it will - in part - be determined by how many teams sign up, and the level averages, etc. Very hard to tell until some sort of registration is started.

I hope to have the bot tied to a skeleton website by this weekend. Registration would then be open until early-to-mid September. Some sort of Captain's meeting would be held the following weekend, and then this thing can roll out into season matches.

-Drenaline
    Last edited by Megatron; Jul 30th, 2002 at 06:00:22.

Bump. Very interesting idea.

I'm not much for 1 on 1 pvp anymore, too much of a reflect war out there. And pick a nice zone where bunker wars will not be a problem.

Team pvp is a nice idea, our guild sent a team out to MMD a week or two ago had a lot of fun. Way better than thousands of missions at BS everyday.
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast