Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The NLF attacks Omni-Mining's city in Clon****!

Quote Originally Posted by RubikanVoice
    Beneath the rule of men entirely great...

The pen is mightier than the sword...

May you find enlighenment...
    Pen, schmen man. Words have achieved nothing, right. N. O. T. H. I. N. G.

Go enligthen yourself
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

I've read that report when it was first published. I would be quite interested in seeing what the current data is, especially considering that a solid portal to the Shadowlands was finally established.

Personally, basing a movement whether its a freedom movement or terroristic one on data gathered only over one year does not quite sound all that intelligent to me.

But what do I know? I'm only a doctor, specializing in keeping everyone alive in the midst of battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Well I've read the report, and all I can say is that if that study is the sole resoning behind the NLFs' agenda then I pity you.
    I can't fault the logic behind the sampling process. However what it fails to take into account is the possibility of random flutuation is the notum levels. The decrease in the first few quarters are small and could be the result of just naturally occuring fluctuations. Sure the levels of notum drop sharply in the last quarter, but no mention is made of possible other factors that could have influenced the readings, in short it's a jump to a conclusion that the notum levels are depleting at a rapid rate.
    In fact because only readings were taken from a few months before the beginning of widespread notum mining you only have a very small sample to make comparisions. In short the whole thing is lacking on comprehensive data, and without a solid basis for comparison all it suceeds in showing is something that could have been a statistical anomaly.
    I can only conclude that the NLF also realise this, otherwise there would have been a steady stream of such reports since their founding, right until the present day. However since no one was willing to take you seriously based on possibly flawed conclusions you resorted to acting like a bunch of petulant children, throw a tantrum and blow things up.
    You have my pity.
    Senobyte: Back in business
    Millgram: Psychologist, anthropologist, gentleman adventurer and cheese connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Senobyte
    Well I've read the report, and all I can say is that if that study is the sole resoning behind the NLFs' agenda then I pity you.
    I can't fault the logic behind the sampling process. However what it fails to take into account is the possibility of random flutuation is the notum levels. The decrease in the first few quarters are small and could be the result of just naturally occuring fluctuations. Sure the levels of notum drop sharply in the last quarter, but no mention is made of possible other factors that could have influenced the readings, in short it's a jump to a conclusion that the notum levels are depleting at a rapid rate.
    In fact because only readings were taken from a few months before the beginning of widespread notum mining you only have a very small sample to make comparisions. In short the whole thing is lacking on comprehensive data, and without a solid basis for comparison all it suceeds in showing is something that could have been a statistical anomaly.
    I can only conclude that the NLF also realise this, otherwise there would have been a steady stream of such reports since their founding, right until the present day. However since no one was willing to take you seriously based on possibly flawed conclusions you resorted to acting like a bunch of petulant children, throw a tantrum and blow things up.
    You have my pity.
    Alright how about this. Give me viable data that notum will never deplenish. You admitted notum is finite. It is common knowledge. In a world where life is an eternity that is a PROBLEM! I await your data.
    Prime Minister Merijynn of The Nanomage Liberation Front

"Today's rebellion brings tomorrow's freedom!"

Quote Originally Posted by lyzor
    I've read that report when it was first published. I would be quite interested in seeing what the current data is, especially considering that a solid portal to the Shadowlands was finally established.

Personally, basing a movement whether its a freedom movement or terroristic one on data gathered only over one year does not quite sound all that intelligent to me.

But what do I know? I'm only a doctor, specializing in keeping everyone alive in the midst of battle.
    We have a General dedicated to the research of the current levels and their effect to the Nanomage breed and the land as we speak. General Vytocyt shut herself inside a cave in Newland Desert some time ago and will stay there for about two years researching. Details can be found Here

General Sorceress
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress
    We have a General dedicated to the research of the current levels and their effect to the Nanomage breed and the land as we speak. General Vytocyt shut herself inside a cave in Newland Desert some time ago and will stay there for about two years researching.
    Well, there should have been some sort of update by now. Either she died really quickly once she removed the notum from the lab, or she died a horrible death with an enlarged tongue and throat due to asphyxiation. I sorta doubt it was asphyxiation and I doubt she's dead at all. Funny thing is that she was going to allow the terra-forming nanobots into the lab to keep it replenished with air... nanobots are made of notum... notum is needed for nano-mages to survive...

I think the circular logic argument is kinda fun to ride once in a while. As long as you know how to get off it once in a while so your head stop spinning.

I'm not for or against the NLF at this point. I'm just trying to spark intelligent discourse to fully hear what they have to say. So far I'm just seeing the typical narrow-mindedness of simple people swayed by what seems like a persuasive argument to justify actions they would not normally allow themselves to do.

*smiles*
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Notum is being depleted buddy, if you care to look about you. You have them subways in your town no doubt? Ever been in there? I have. Do you know what is down there?

Naxilite twitches slightly

People, not alive but not dead. They came from the walls man, from out of the fricking walls! no way man, no way. I thought it was game over man...GAME OVER!
    When I got out I was told the 'people' down there were rejected by the notum-dependent reclaim technology that we all use, they said it was failing us as notum levels dropped. I wasn't the only one to hear that, they published in TAG man, in TAG. The bodies were rejected and dumped under the cities man, in our sewers and subways. That is some heavy stuff dude.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Quote Originally Posted by Naxilite
    Notum is being depleted buddy, if you care to look about you. You have them subways in your town no doubt? Ever been in there? I have. Do you know what is down there?

Naxilite twitches slightly

People, not alive but not dead. They came from the walls man, from out of the fricking walls! no way man, no way. I thought it was game over man...GAME OVER!
    When I got out I was told the 'people' down there were rejected by the notum-dependent reclaim technology that we all use, they said it was failing us as notum levels dropped. I wasn't the only one to hear that, they published in TAG man, in TAG. The bodies were rejected and dumped under the cities man, in our sewers and subways. That is some heavy stuff dude.
    Further evidence to the fact that the notum depletion is destructive not only to the nanomage breed but to all rubi-kans.

Tell me you still aren't worried.
    Prime Minister Merijynn of The Nanomage Liberation Front

"Today's rebellion brings tomorrow's freedom!"

The data collected in the NLF’s research on the decrease in notum does seem rather inconclusive. The readings where taken over a limited period of time and the decrease is indeed small and could be the result of naturally fluctuations. Since there is no update on Vytocyt’s research yet, there’s not much we can say about that…

One other thing I would like to mention: in the Shadowlands’ vortex, notum spirals into the sky (to where?) in gigantic quantities and this has been going on for eons. If notum is not a renewable substance, wouldn’t it have been gone from the Shadowlands a very long time ago?

There still is a lot we don’t know about notum and its origin. More research is desirable and I doubt it’s a good idea to blow up people’s skybars in the mean time. After all, you could be wrong…
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender
    co-Minister of Foreign Affairs, Newland City Council
    Advisor of The Independent Rubikans

Rubi-Ka's neutral news source: The Independent Rubikan http://www.ir-news.org/

Till All Are Free

Hail Nlf

Till All Are Free

The Shadowlands are to Rubi-Ka as Yin is to Yang...

Male and Female...

The eternal...
    A communique from the Voice of Rubi-Ka group.

Quote Originally Posted by RubikanVoice
    The Shadowlands are to Rubi-Ka as Yin is to Yang...

Male and Female...

The eternal...
    That's what Belith tells me too. =)
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

I don't have access to much of sister Vytocyt's research notes at the moment (( Problems with accessing our forums )), but I will relay it to you all as soon as I get ahold of it.

As for depletion of notum, the notum won't deplete as long as noone overmines Rubi-Ka! Notum replensihes itself much like a forest do if you control how much you cut down.

Exoprting the notum only serves to remove it from Mother Ka, and therefore the circle is broken and Notum will be depleted!

Is this so difficult to understand?
    Mains:
    Zoe Sorceress Zanter - 220 Nano Technician
    Member of The Union

Herbert Reanimater West - 165 Doctor
    Member of The Union

My Irregulars:
    Rippernova - 160 Trader
    Member of The Union

Yugoth - 135 Meta Physicist
    Member of The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress
    Is this so difficult to understand?
    Actually, my dear Sorceress, the way you put it, it is rather difficult to understand… What circle is it you talk about? Do you mean notum seeds itself, multiplies like a living thing? If it is true that notum needs notum to grow, overmining could indeed be a problem. However, I’ve never seen any proof of this.

There is some interesting information on the subject you can get from Odis Mady, Chief Executive Officer of Export at the Clon**** mines (that is, if you didn’t blow him up yet).

He says there are notum rifts in the mines that scare the hell out of the miners who work there. It seems that notum regenerates itself within the rock, not gradually but instantly. One minute there is nothing; the next moment, the notum is there, inside the rock. No one seems to understand the process yet.

If it is true that notum instantly regenerates, there’s little for the nanomages to fear from mining. As I said, there’s much we don’t know yet and I think it would be better to spend your resources on research. Extremism never has solved anything and it certainly won’t get you any sympathy from the community.

By the way, I didn’t get any answers yet to my question about the Shadowlands’ vortex…
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

Yarko my friend, please remind me. The vortex you talk of in the sky over the Shadowlands is this not the portal that those clever boffins at Jobe opened up recently?
    Major Eldridge Naxilite McCovery
    Adventurer, level 149
    Ranger and Explorer and of the Shadowlands
    Member of the Independent Rubi-Kans
    http://aoir.3.forumer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrTiny
    Yarko my friend, please remind me. The vortex you talk of in the sky over the Shadowlands is this not the portal that those clever boffins at Jobe opened up recently?
    Nope.
    Marcos "Yarko" Orender

A recording from Channel42, that speaks for itself:

[Channel42] Keanne: You also do understand that every time you blow something up, that makes your scientific argumentation less believable?
    [Channel42] Gorgefodder3: Yep
    [Channel42] Gorgefodder3: But blowing stuff up is fun
    [Channel42] Gorgefodder3: Give me a
    [Channel42] Gorgefodder3: Thermo-Nuclear bomb
    [Channel42] Gorgefodder3: Anyday
    [Channel42] Keanne: Which one you like more? Blowing up things or helping the nanomage breed?
    [Channel42] Gorgefodder3: Tough question Keanne
    [Channel42] Gorgefodder3: I will get back too you on that

He never did. For those who don't know, Gorgefodder is a member of NLF. I'm sure others listening to the channel at the time can verify the authenticity of this recording.

((clipped out few lines said by other people and not related to the discussion, but this really is unedited in the sense that nothing either of us said if left out to mess things ^^))

Executive Keanne
    Security Department
    Omni-Mining

Quote Originally Posted by Merijynn
    Alright how about this. Give me viable data that notum will never deplenish. You admitted notum is finite. It is common knowledge. In a world where life is an eternity that is a PROBLEM! I await your data.
    What are you talking about? Has NLF somehow found a way to live forever? The insurance technology made available by Omni-Tek to all citizens of Rubi-Ka gives you a way to cheat violent death, but, as you surely have noticed, you grow older every day, and there's nothing that can turn back that process.

((unless I've missed / not found something in SL storyline...))

Quote Originally Posted by Yarko
    Nope.
    Why thankyou Yarko. Hmm how intriguing, I shall have to pursue this matter some more in the not to distant future.
    Major Eldridge Naxilite McCovery
    Adventurer, level 149
    Ranger and Explorer and of the Shadowlands
    Member of the Independent Rubi-Kans
    http://aoir.3.forumer.com/

This debate is kind of ridiculous for all of you.

Some say the notum is depleting, some say it is regenerating itself. All say that noone is certain of the process, that noone really knows if the notum will deplenish or not.

Well, since research havent provided answers wether to the mining is dangerous and will eventually wear out the notum and thereby kill us nanomages I would rather be safe.

Either the mining will eventually use up all the notum or it wont, but I for one dont wanna sit idle beside and watch, just hoping that it wont.

I am a soldier and I fight for the clans, but I also fight for my right to live, to live a life as a nanomage without any suit, to spend the rest of my days in a notum filled environment here on Rubi-Ka.

You have my suport and my gun if needed at any time NLF.

Kremli

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast