Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOSkillEmu new version

AOSkillEmu new version

http://rustot.by.ru/AOSkillEmu1423.exe

- fixed bug with non-standart DPI settings
    - fixed bug with oldest windows versions

Bump, great tool, just don't spend more time on it then on the game itself

Im sure its nice, I got the old version of it, but because the website is in russian, I have on idea at all what it says, and which link to press to download it, plz specify this for me.

I guess Snublefot is from the northern parts of Norway, and because of that been forced to learn russian at school
    Last edited by Garzu-perman; Jul 29th, 2002 at 20:21:28.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Hmm,

Well unless he stealth edited - I see a link to an executable not a website and as far as I can tell the website http://rustot.by.ru/ what there is of it, is all in pretty impecable English apart from the tag line "Designed by huge anonymous group of the best designers" in which the indefinite article 'a' is missing before huge which is a common mistake amongst the russians (I don't think they use them).

Thumbs up

good tool -but documentation isn´t your strenght

btw:it differs some kind to my real char but i can live with that

what differences, in digits? only one known bug - in several IP points and it is uncorrectable.

The skill emulator works fine for my opifex MA. I also decided to try and plan IP's for my nanomage doc with this program.

This if for a level 78 nanomage doc. After filling out all QL90 implants I have and buffed values for my skills your skill emulator says I have 85k IP unspend while in reality I only have 27K IP unspend. That is quite a difference and makes it kinda impossible to plan ahead Tried it with both version 14.2.2 and 14.2.3 and it doesn't make a difference.

Any other nanomage docs have such huge differences between their real skills and the emulated skills?

And great job coding this. It really helps alot, unfortunately just not for my doc atm

Originally posted by Tandchecker
    good tool -but documentation isn´t your strenght

btw:it differs some kind to my real char but i can live with that
    What did you expect? An included Dummies Guide to AO Skill Emu? Its a simple program. Therein lies its strength.

Excellent program. Could never have IPRd my enf without it.
    Probably Untitled "Tantrum"
    Proud Member of Whatever

What did you expect? An included Dummies Guide to AO Skill Emu? Its a simple program. Therein lies its strength.
    some kind of know bugs should been included

as far as i remember now 1 Implant is different 2 IG :
    Skill EMU->QL129 Right arm (sh:shotgun70/bright:chemAC197/fad:RadAC131)
    IG->QL129 Right arm (sh:shotgun70/bright:chemAC198/fad:RadAC129)

but this is not important

Great tool
    Last edited by Tandchecker; Aug 1st, 2002 at 14:57:44.

Originally posted by Vigz
    The skill emulator works fine for my opifex MA. I also decided to try and plan IP's for my nanomage doc with this program.

This if for a level 78 nanomage doc. After filling out all QL90 implants I have and buffed values for my skills your skill emulator says I have 85k IP unspend while in reality I only have 27K IP unspend. That is quite a difference and makes it kinda impossible to plan ahead Tried it with both version 14.2.2 and 14.2.3 and it doesn't make a difference.

Any other nanomage docs have such huge differences between their real skills and the emulated skills?

And great job coding this. It really helps alot, unfortunately just not for my doc atm
    are you sure that you have entered all buffs? not only implants, but all clothes, weapons and devices that can give buffs? If If you have a time, remove all implants and check that all skills digits have white colour, instead of green. previous report about 400k IP difference has appeared as result of bug in game

Sorry your program works fine. It was I who made a thinking error. I usually buff myself with Iron Circle and the general abilities boosts before spending my IP. Then I raise skills till I'm maxed for my level. This saves me valuable IP I would have spend in those abilities which I hardly ever use.

The mistake I made was that I buffed the skills instead of the abilities which incorrectly reflected the amout of IP's spended.

Some documentation would be handy I guess but I'm a developer myself and I know how much I hate that to write that

Thanks again for making such a wonderful program.

I love this program. In my case there is only about a 100IP difference. Which is not bad when we're talking about 8.25 million IP here
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

I have used this program in the past and it is exremely useful and super accurate, all except the IP calcs which I'm not certain if the bug is in the program or in Funcom's rounding. The error in IPs is extremely small though, off by something 80 out of 3 million ips on my char. The numbers it gives aside from the IPs match identically with my character's actual stats.

I have experienced lots of times that funcom uses floating point numbers (i.e. 149.78) for just about everything, skills most importantly. They round number off to display whole numbers (i.e. 150) to us. This is noticable occasionally when someone in your guild or group says "dammit the grid says I need 150 complit and I *have* 150!!" Well what they really have is 149.78 and the game rounds up to show 150 but then uses the 'real' number of 149.78 for checking to see if we can grid, equip that new weapon, wear that armor, etc. The solution is usually putting a single point into the skill that's 'not working' or buffing it, etc. This is a common problem with any program that uses floating point numbers and is definitely not something that just funcom wrestles with.

The formula that calculates how many IP you have probably has several such numbers in it and, therefore, generates something that's hard to dupe outside the game.

I think.
    Last edited by Reprimander; Aug 23rd, 2002 at 20:54:12.
    Playing off and on since August 9, 2001

I think it's more likely that AO is just bugged. You can lose negligible IP from rounding errors, IIRC.

for some reason i cant figure out how to change the stats up one, all i see is lvl1 then when i click again it goes to level 200 stats.

Arrow

I remember being 90 something IP short after full IPR. I specifically did not spend any IP in map nav on this toon. Still haven't, waiting for abilities to cap and to build a set of perfect map nav implants. Once get enough for broken shores its not like you use anything higher to level anyways

I took screenshots during IPR just incase I got hosed somehow, I figured I could let that much go

Their warning message said to expect rounding errors of 5-10 IP lol probably only tested it on level 20s
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I cant remember if some documentation where included, but here is what I figured out.

To change base values: left click and drag (left--right?)

To add buffs: right click and drag

Interesting interface =D

Talking THANKS

I have never notes that you can include buffs too. and i test that you can do it the old program too. Argh.

I just love this tool. Great job.
    Last edited by NOVA; Aug 26th, 2002 at 10:51:14.

220 Dictator & Adept
    220 Field Marshal & Talented
    216 Eternalist & Adept
    204 Saint & Intermediate

--Total Levels Gained--
    Rubi-Ka: 2000+ | Shadow: 50+ | Alien: 40+ | Very old Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

Originally posted by Clark "Garzuperman" Kent
    Im sure its nice, I got the old version of it, but because the website is in russian, I have on idea at all what it says, and which link to press to download it, plz specify this for me.

I guess Snublefot is from the northern parts of Norway, and because of that been forced to learn russian at school
    Sadly no. I'm norwegian too, and russian was not compulsory education at school under the cold war when CIA were hiding under every rock in Norway

I'd like to learn tho. Its a beautiful language
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast