Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atrox engineer warning

It's an old discussion, and people usually assume that others have already read it ten times.

200 slayer is better for sk no matter what you kill until 217 slayer, assuming you keep all regular buffs and Sotos running at all times. If you're a lazy ass gimp and don't use Sotos, the 213 slayer might be better. In my experience the 200 slayer is equal to 217 one too, but after 100 levels and 17 shadowlevels with the green/turning greyish bot I would rather use the 217 one anyway.

On rk, and for any situation where dmg is not your main concern, the sl slayers are better then the 200 one.

Best bot for sk'ing is the chicken!
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Beornin
    That's so true :/
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

It is pretty sad that first bot that outperforms level 200 bot for SK:ing is level 220 one.

Of course it would totally nerf engineer if something was done to fix that. At least thats the answer I get from fellow engineers on these forums.
    "then again, it's also been said by funcom that theye'll try improving pathing again somethime in the 16.x series"
    -Cenelia

"God I hope not. I don't know how many more improvements we can take."
    -Spleenman

/me cuddles his trox engy alt
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Obsessive is correct in his assessment of Trox engi. It's one of the hardest routes to take in the game. Combined Officer's is nasty to get on, T2 virtually impossible to get QL300 (it can be done, but....). Oh, and even the Bacam is harder to equip at low level because you have lower Int (and thus trickle-down CL).

You won't need SL or AI to make low level twinks though; which is nice, especially for a TOTW runner.

Symbiants are GREAT fun to equip at higher (200+) levels. 250 brain symb I doubt is possible

The only reason I picked trox engi as my primary character was that I figured (in my noobness) that at L220 he'll have an advantage. That still remains to be seen for me. Either way, I love a challenge and helping to pioneer a new breed. I can still almost OD a L215 engineer at L212 thanks to a little consideration with equipment, and a bit of background knowledge, so performance isn't too bad.

This is a warning to new players, giving them some information about obstacles they will meet if they decide to make a trox engi.

If you feel the need to make comments, feel free to do so, but if you know the engineer profession that well, then this warning is not for you.

Don't listen to him!!! TROX IS TEH UBEREST 11111oneone, 22twotwo even...
    Guvernu RK 1 engineer... bored with SKing (already ffs)
    equip

Well, what can I say .... trox engi h8!

(as long as you can do tradeskills /shrug)
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

Now that's talent. Posting on the forums while attacking Storm base AND bull****ing froob org leaders with Star Wars stories...
    Edit: btw, I'm opi but have no tradeskills, how do you feel about me?
    equip

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovernment
    Now that's talent. Posting on the forums while attacking Storm base AND bull****ing froob org leaders with Star Wars stories...
    Edit: btw, I'm opi but have no tradeskills, how do you feel about me?
    I aim to please

Oh and any engi without tradeskills should be banned - or at least nerfed.
    Former NT Professional and post count farmer.

Goodbye everyone, it has been a blast.

keepers first
    equip

More justified necromancy.

Was going to make a new thread, but too lazy. Figured I'd just add something here and leave it as it is.

Stolen from Muha's breed thread, with some modifications:

Atrox:
    Pros:
    Best HP (~1.5k more than soli/opi, ~3k more than NM).
    Mongo Rage, an endgame Perk very important for PvP. (atm I don't know anyone who's using MR on an engi with much success)
    Easiest to put on strong/merc/cc armor.

Cons:
    Hardest to put symbs in. Even the 250 symbs are very hard at 220.
    Hardest to self bots and nanos.
    Hardest to put Tier armor/CSS/Scout/Officer.
    Worst at tradeskilling. (Still possible to do all tradeskills, just harder.)

Summary/Opinion:
    Worst for start and mid-game.
    Hp and MR make it best for endgame PvP. (topic for discussion, some might claim soli/opi is better because MR is close to useless. HP is nice though)
    Not a good choice for the beginner player and a challange to everyone.
    Most expensive to play as it requires much to self anything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At 220, an atrox engineer will need quite a few items to be as versatile as other breeds. Many of these items are desireable or needed for other breeds too, but for atrox many of them are essential to even equip the symbiants and armor you want to wear. I'm mainly listing items that are nodrop and require a lot of pointfarming or good guild raids to aquire.

-apf or pande belt
    -several pande items adding abilities and nanoskills
    -flycatchers specs from hollow island
    -high ql ability rings from sl catas or lotv
    -com relay and nano control unit of high ql
    -full hiqh ql arith set for nanoskills and tradeskills
    -all the expensive tradeskill items

+any and all ability- and nanoskillboosting item ingame.

If I'm not mistaken, everything that can be done by an opi/soli/nano engi is also technically possible to do as trox. Be it pvm, pvp or tradeskills. However, most tasks are harder and require more effort as trox, and there are very few advantages.

I'll leave you with one example of sacrifices you might have to make. I've got 9 perks in enhance dna and that's with 0 perks in bioshielding.

(I selfcast everything including 5k AC in my nanoskill-setup though) (and can't recast a decent pet to save my life in my dd setup)
    Last edited by muha; Jul 10th, 2006 at 08:27:01.

Anyone know how many 220 trox engies there are? Mine is closing 217 now and am trying to reach 220 well before christmas. Doing farely well and on tradeskilling biggest problem is psychology (I'm tradeskiller trox =) ) and i've managed to keep bots self cast about 1-2 lvl's after lvl req. Road's been rocky but I've enjoyed it, that's why I made trox engie in first place; It felt like challanging and interestin combination.
    Haltay 220/23 Troxy engie
    Lathay 220/17 Soli doc
    Cralth 202/8 Troxy crat

Windows free since 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by Lath
    Anyone know how many 220 trox engies there are?
    There are two. Some rk2 guy and me. I found you and buffed you when you were posting.

I keep forgetting cocoon absorbs all types independently. Guess the trick is to time primed explosive to detonate just after cocoon is down then.
    or just forget about a perk thats useless because it takes too long to land on anything but a doc
    Renowolf

ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

This account was cancelled at:
    2006-12-25 14:21:14

It will remain playable until : 2006-12-27 15:12:16

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12