Thread: At a total loss here - ranged weaps - upper lvl pvp doc

Question At a total loss here - ranged weaps - upper lvl pvp doc

ive been told everything, of course. here are my basic circumstances:

- i have no LLTS or crit
    - number of atk skills is not a problem (IP is no prob)
    - dark blue lvl caps are a concern (ie - 833 full auto:/)

my goal is to get the best type of gun/weap for those circumstances, for a pvp doc.

i have considered:

- nova flow
    - OT 12
    - CHS
    - Catarwaul sp?
    - Schuyler bow
    - KIWD

and a couple others.

What i need is someone with experience in pvp with these guns or other ranged weaponry (id like to stick to ranged prefferably) to advise me a bit about their experience with the gun, what works with it, what doesnt, pros, cons, what NOT to do, etc...

any helpful reply would be greatly appreciated, thank you

--Hail
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...
    BR 15 CR 2 Sniper / Medic / Engineer - Markov

AR seems to be a favourit with classes that dont have a gree combat skill, you can go with CHS its a good choice, you will need 2 khealer sleeves, and fully implant FA to get it on, get a wrangler too, then after its on, switch the FA implants for AR.

good luck
    The Original "The Man" and Level 200 Fixer
    Born 21 July 01
    Graduated 29 March 02
    Perma-Dead 16 August 02
    ... err Back on the 5th March 2003 for a nifty payed for 30 day comeback trial

what do you think about Caterwaul Hextorr? that gun really appealed to me because with Tims scope and its recharge spd, itd be veeeerrry fast, but only one special....has anyone used or seend people using these in pvp?

i used to have a 153 agent, heh, rifles, what can i say.
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...

Riffles isnt a good choice... for doctor first of all you get realy low attack rating but that gun needs good attack raitng. Well better to go with X-3 if you want riffle.

Same about CHS and Nova our assaut riffle cant go higher then 539basic at lvl 200 and AR even if its easy to implant also not a good choice.

So since you dont have scope you need to stick wit somethign that you can get high attack rating. To do good normal damge. And for doctor it is.

Pistol
    Shotgun
    MG/SMG
    1 Hand Edged
    1 Hand Blunt
    Martial Arts

Shotguns like vector are ok... i like medium shotgun.
    MG/SMG mauser chemical streamer is way to go. Raise perception max your ranged Ini and use like ql 200 new scope and you will be fine . I dont remebr how that wmg/smg wepon caled with FA... i think summer SNP FA you can use it to get FA i think.
    Pistols well you know what they are .
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

i never thought about chem mausser, that looks like a pretty good choice........anyone else used those with drk blue skills?

considering doc's have their ranged init skill, using a scope with the MCS is risky. A high ql one anyway...You'd better get it to max if you are going to use a chem streamer with a high lvl scope, the negator may be anywhere from 350-500 if you're using a scope worthwhile for crits.

Ithaca w/ a scope is a good idea also...fires so damn fast you won't need as much ranged init.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Ithica is still a good choice if you can get a 250 scope on.

how about the chem mausser with max init and no scope? or a buffed on TIMs scope to make it even faster, but not worry about crits? yay? nay?

Chem Mausser / TIMs Scope / No Crit / Super Fast Fire rate .......? anyone throw me a bone.....

Originally posted by Hextorr
    you can go with CHS its a good choice, you will need 2 khealer sleeves, and fully implant FA to get it on, get a wrangler too, then after its on, switch the FA implants for AR.
    Actually Hex, you don't need sleeves at all. I put one on at 160 something with no sleeves. Maxxing the skill plus full implant for FA will do fine. Then, as you said, switch back to AR cluster in the shining spot once its on.

Originally posted by Hailieglade
    Chem Mausser / TIMs Scope / No Crit / Super Fast Fire rate .......? anyone throw me a bone.....

Great gun when used like this. You may also want to look at the Professional Light Suppressor as well as long as the RE clusters don't conflict with and hurt your nano skill cluster layout.

If I wasn't using the CHS, I'd go MCS or Light Sup myself.

forget FDA assassin, if u gonna go rifle, use x-3

however...my agent was one of the best pvm agents (speed people, that's how I rate best in pvm, heh) and his rate of fire was extreme with the x-3, with TIM ofcourse.

But as a doc u will never come close to the rate of fire he has...and pvp is still mostly about specials. The more specials, the more hits.

But, don't use rifle for pvp. The best gun in pvm, no doubt, is x-3, if used correctly.

But for pvp, ithaca, nova/flashpoint, gamma beamer, that new soldier/fixer gun that I can't even remember the name of (haven't been active in a few weeks, but I actually have one on my soldier, heh).

Ofcourse, u're a doc, so u can prolly kill any1 with a kry.

Originally posted by Highjack

Actually Hex, you don't need sleeves at all. I put one on at 160 something with no sleeves. Maxxing the skill plus full implant for FA will do fine. Then, as you said, switch back to AR cluster in the shining spot once its on.
    yer a doc? at lvl 198 as a nanomage doc i had about 535 maxxed base FA skill. needed about +210 from full ql200 implants, +20 general, +15 or so from str/stam trickle-down and +72 from kaehler sleeves to get on a ql200 CHS. before that i used a ql184 HS(was still very nice). the only way i know of for a doc to use a CHS without kaehler sleeves is using the method prescribed in the MP forum of finding that police rifle that adds +30 FA.

Highjack is a fixer. They have the second cheapest FA skill, after soldier. So unless you got the Sleeves, getting a CHS shouldn't be possible if you're a doc. Which I think, is good.

Gold, you talking about the River Series 6? The Heavy Gamma Beamer isn't too hot in PvP, really low range, no specials and it's really crit dependant. Would be fun to use on low level peeps tho.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

damn those are nice sleeves! im omni tho, 100%. have played AO 8 months and have never even created a clan char

im leaning towards Chem Mausser with TIMs scope now, will be low on crits but very fast with 1s rechars and chem dmg will be nice. and only two reqs (good for us dark blue docs

any further advice is always welcome! thx for the discussion guys...

--Hail

ps - if you can tell me why the link in my signature isnt working, plz PM me, been having trouble with this and im no web expert. thx

Type it with [ url= address here]message text

and at the end of your message add [/ url] don't add the space between '/' and url though. I had to put that there so my message doesn't look like a link. *laugh* If you want to find more, just go to this place
    Last edited by Obergeist; Jul 31st, 2002 at 01:22:47.
    Perfection breeds weakness.

Obergeist-Burning bright, Above the head ghost

Mdgprogram-Fearful symmetry <---beat the every lovin' crap out of a level 60 soldier at 49

Stronger, better, faster, push it

The Troll Corps want you!tm
    General in the Troll Corps tm

THX ober!